Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NimC1
Description: Nimrod C1
Alias: BG:DS00180.10, CG8942, CT25688, Dmel\CG8942, Nim, NimC, nimC1, nimrod, nimrod C1, CG8942-PA, CG8942-PB, CG8942-PC, NimC1-PA, NimC1-PB, NimC1-PC, NimrodC1, nimrod
Species: fruit fly
- Hyrsl P, Dobes P, Wang Z, Hauling T, Wilhelmsson C, Theopold U. Clotting factors and eicosanoids protect against nematode infections. J Innate Immun. 2011;3:65-70 pubmed publisher..We also provide biochemical and genetic evidence for an involvement of eicosanoids in the same infection model. Taken together, our results confirm the conserved nature of the immune function of clot formation...
- Cordero J, Macagno J, Stefanatos R, Strathdee K, Cagan R, Vidal M. Oncogenic Ras diverts a host TNF tumor suppressor activity into tumor promoter. Dev Cell. 2010;18:999-1011 pubmed publisher..Our evidence suggests that tumors can evolve into malignancy through oncogenic Ras activation and the hijacking of TNF signaling. ..
- Hashimoto Y, Tabuchi Y, Sakurai K, Kutsuna M, Kurokawa K, Awasaki T, et al. Identification of lipoteichoic acid as a ligand for draper in the phagocytosis of Staphylococcus aureus by Drosophila hemocytes. J Immunol. 2009;183:7451-60 pubmed publisher..ltaS-dependent phagocytosis of S. aureus required the receptor Draper but not Eater or Nimrod C1, and Draper-lacking flies showed reduced resistance to a septic infection of S...
- Honti V, Cinege G, Csordás G, Kurucz E, Zsámboki J, Evans C, et al. Variation of NimC1 expression in Drosophila stocks and transgenic strains. Fly (Austin). 2013;7:263-6 pubmed publisherThe NimC1 molecule has been described as a phagocytosis receptor, and is being used as a marker for professional phagocytes, the plasmatocytes, in Drosophila melanogaster...
- Somogyi K, Sipos B, Penzes Z, Kurucz E, Zsámboki J, Hultmark D, et al. Evolution of genes and repeats in the Nimrod superfamily. Mol Biol Evol. 2008;25:2337-47 pubmed publisherThe recently identified Nimrod superfamily is characterized by the presence of a special type of EGF repeat, the NIM repeat, located right after a typical CCXGY/W amino acid motif...
- Woodcock K, Kierdorf K, Pouchelon C, Vivancos V, Dionne M, Geissmann F. Macrophage-derived upd3 cytokine causes impaired glucose homeostasis and reduced lifespan in Drosophila fed a lipid-rich diet. Immunity. 2015;42:133-44 pubmed
- Somogyi K, Sipos B, Penzes Z, Ando I. A conserved gene cluster as a putative functional unit in insect innate immunity. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:4375-8 pubmed publisherThe Nimrod gene superfamily is an important component of the innate immune response...
- Ye Y, Chenoweth S, McGraw E. Effective but costly, evolved mechanisms of defense against a virulent opportunistic pathogen in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000385 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa infection than previously reported. This work reveals novel pathways by which Drosophila can survive infection with a virulent pathogen that may be rare in wild populations, however, due to their cost. ..
- Pastor Pareja J, Wu M, Xu T. An innate immune response of blood cells to tumors and tissue damage in Drosophila. Dis Model Mech. 2008;1:144-54; discussion 153 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal common mechanisms in the response to tumors and wounds in flies. A similar innate reaction may underlie the response to tumors and tissue damage in vertebrates and humans. ..
- Shravage B, Hill J, Powers C, Wu L, Baehrecke E. Atg6 is required for multiple vesicle trafficking pathways and hematopoiesis in Drosophila. Development. 2013;140:1321-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, like mammals, altered Atg6 function in flies causes hematopoietic abnormalities and lethality, and our data indicate that this is due to defects in multiple membrane trafficking processes. ..
- Khadilkar R, Rodrigues D, Mote R, Sinha A, Kulkarni V, Magadi S, et al. ARF1-GTP regulates Asrij to provide endocytic control of Drosophila blood cell homeostasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:4898-903 pubmed publisher..We propose that the conserved ARF1-Asrij endocytic axis modulates signals that govern hematopoietic development. Thus, Asrij affords tissue-specific control of global mechanisms involved in molecular traffic. ..
- Tolhuis B, de Wit E, Muijrers I, Teunissen H, Talhout W, van Steensel B, et al. Genome-wide profiling of PRC1 and PRC2 Polycomb chromatin binding in Drosophila melanogaster. Nat Genet. 2006;38:694-9 pubmed..These results highlight the extensive involvement of PcG proteins in the coordination of development through the formation of large repressive chromatin domains. ..