Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NELF-B
Alias: BcDNA:GH10333, CG12152, CG32721, Dmel\CG32721, NELF, NELF-B, CG32721-PA, NELF-B-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Buscaino A, Legube G, Akhtar A. X-chromosome targeting and dosage compensation are mediated by distinct domains in MSL-3. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:531-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that MSL-3 localization to the male X chromosome and transcriptional upregulation of X-linked genes are two separable functions of the MSL-3 protein. ..
- Harvey R, Schuster E, Jennings B. Pleiohomeotic interacts with the core transcription elongation factor Spt5 to regulate gene expression in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e70184 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Pho can interact with Spt5 to regulate transcription elongation in a gene specific manner. ..
- Zhou J, Yu W, Hardin P. ChIPping away at the Drosophila clock. Methods Enzymol. 2015;551:323-47 pubmed publisher..ChIP analysis has revealed the relationship between clock factor binding, transcription, and chromatin modifications and promises to reveal circadian transcription networks that control phase and tissue specificity. ..
- Missra A, Gilmour D. Interactions between DSIF (DRB sensitivity inducing factor), NELF (negative elongation factor), and the Drosophila RNA polymerase II transcription elongation complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11301-6 pubmed publisherNegative elongation factor (NELF) and 5,6-dichloro-1-beta-D-ribofuranosylbenzimidazole sensitivity-inducing factor (DSIF) are involved in pausing RNA Polymerase II (Pol II) in the promoter-proximal region of the hsp70 gene in Drosophila, ..
- Fay A, Misulovin Z, Li J, Schaaf C, Gause M, Gilmour D, et al. Cohesin selectively binds and regulates genes with paused RNA polymerase. Curr Biol. 2011;21:1624-34 pubmed publisher..Cohesin depletion does not reduce polymerase pausing, in contrast to depletion of the NELF (negative elongation factor) pausing complex...
- Li J, Liu Y, Rhee H, Ghosh S, Bai L, Pugh B, et al. Kinetic competition between elongation rate and binding of NELF controls promoter-proximal pausing. Mol Cell. 2013;50:711-22 pubmed publisher..The location of the pause is influenced by the timing between when NELF loads onto Pol II and how fast Pol II escapes the promoter region...
- Li J, Gilmour D. Reconstitution of factor-dependent, promoter proximal pausing in Drosophila nuclear extracts. Methods Mol Biol. 2015;1276:133-52 pubmed publisher..The radiolabeled RNAs are isolated by hybridization to a biotinylated oligonucleotide and captured on magnetic beads. We also describe the use of antibodies to investigate mechanistic aspects of promoter proximal pausing. ..