Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ndc80
Alias: CG9938, Dmel\CG9938, Hec1, NDC80, dNdc80, dmNdc80, hec1, Ndc80, CG9938-PA, Hec1, Ndc80-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Mendiburo M, Padeken J, Fülöp S, Schepers A, Heun P. Drosophila CENH3 is sufficient for centromere formation. Science. 2011;334:686-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CID is both necessary and sufficient to serve as an epigenetic centromere mark and nucleate heritable centromere function...
- Morelli E, Mastrodonato V, Beznoussenko G, Mironov A, Tognon E, Vaccari T. An essential step of kinetochore formation controlled by the SNARE protein Snap29. EMBO J. 2016;35:2223-2237 pubmed..Such mutant causes ectopic Knl1 recruitment to trafficking compartments. We propose that part of the outer kinetochore is functionally similar to membrane fusion interfaces. ..
- Radford S, Hoang T, GÅ‚uszek A, Ohkura H, McKim K. Lateral and End-On Kinetochore Attachments Are Coordinated to Achieve Bi-orientation in Drosophila Oocytes. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005605 pubmed publisher..We have examined oocytes lacking two kinetochore proteins, NDC80 and SPC105R, and a centromere-associated motor protein, CENP-E, to characterize the impact of kinetochore-..
- Lipinszki Z, Lefevre S, Savoian M, Singleton M, Glover D, Przewloka M. Centromeric binding and activity of Protein Phosphatase 4. Nat Commun. 2015;6:5894 pubmed publisher..We also show that binding of Flfl to CENP-C is required to bring PP4 activity to centromeres to maintain CENP-C and attached core kinetochore proteins at chromosomes during mitosis. ..
- Chen C, Dechassa M, Bettini E, Ledoux M, Belisario C, Heun P, et al. CAL1 is the Drosophila CENP-A assembly factor. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:313-29 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this work identifies the "missing" CENP-A chaperone in flies, revealing fundamental conservation between insect and vertebrate centromere-specification mechanisms. ..
- Moutinho Santos T, Conde C, Sunkel C. POLO ensures chromosome bi-orientation by preventing and correcting erroneous chromosome-spindle attachments. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:576-83 pubmed publisher..Our results suggests that POLO is required to promote amphitelic attachment and chromosome bi-orientation by regulating both the activity of the correction mechanism and the architecture of the centromere. ..
- Meireles A, Dzhindzhev N, Ohkura H. Kebab: kinetochore and EB1 associated basic protein that dynamically changes its localisation during Drosophila mitosis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24174 pubmed publisher..The protein has a domain most similar to the atypical CH domain of Ndc80, and a coiled-coil domain...
- Venkei Z, Przewloka M, Ladak Y, Albadri S, Sossick A, Juhasz G, et al. Spatiotemporal dynamics of Spc105 regulates the assembly of the Drosophila kinetochore. Open Biol. 2012;2:110032 pubmed publisher..The cumulative kinetochore levels of Spc105 and Mis12 complex then determine the rate of Ndc80 complex recruitment commencing only after nuclear envelope breakdown...
- Conde C, Osswald M, Barbosa J, Moutinho Santos T, Pinheiro D, Guimaraes S, et al. Drosophila Polo regulates the spindle assembly checkpoint through Mps1-dependent BubR1 phosphorylation. EMBO J. 2013;32:1761-77 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which Polo controls Mps1-dependent BubR1 phosphorylation to promote Cdc20 kinetochore recruitment and sustained SAC function. ..
- Cane S, McGilvray P, Maresca T. Insights from an erroneous kinetochore-microtubule attachment state. Bioarchitecture. 2013;3:69-76 pubmed publisher..Our force-related studies are also discussed in the context of current models for tension-dependent stabilization of kt-MT interactions. ..
- Bucciarelli E, Pellacani C, Naim V, Palena A, Gatti M, Somma M. Drosophila Dgt6 interacts with Ndc80, Msps/XMAP215, and gamma-tubulin to promote kinetochore-driven MT formation. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1839-45 pubmed publisher..Consistent with these results, Dgt6 coprecipitates with Msps, D-TACC, gamma-tubulin, Ndc80, and Nuf2...
- White G, Erickson H. The coiled coils of cohesin are conserved in animals, but not in yeast. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4674 pubmed publisher..However, in yeast they are no more constrained than the coils of SMC2/4 and Ndc80/Nuf2p, suggesting that they are serving primarily as spacer rods...
- Williams B, Leung G, Maiato H, Wong A, Li Z, Williams E, et al. Mitch a rapidly evolving component of the Ndc80 kinetochore complex required for correct chromosome segregation in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3522-33 pubmed..unit CG7242, and encodes a protein that is a possible ortholog of the Spc24 or Spc25 subunit of the Ndc80 kinetochore complex...
- Olszak A, van Essen D, Pereira A, Diehl S, Manke T, Maiato H, et al. Heterochromatin boundaries are hotspots for de novo kinetochore formation. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:799-808 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the characteristics of regions bordering heterochromatin promote de novo kinetochore assembly and thereby contribute to centromere identity. ..
- Savoian M, Glover D. Drosophila Klp67A binds prophase kinetochores to subsequently regulate congression and spindle length. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:767-76 pubmed publisher..From this location, Klp67A uses its motor activity to ensure chromosome alignment and proper spindle length. ..
- Feijão T, Afonso O, Maia A, Sunkel C. Stability of kinetochore-microtubule attachment and the role of different KMN network components in Drosophila. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2013;70:661-75 pubmed publisher..super-complex of proteins, known as the KNL1Mis12Ndc80 (KMN) network, composed by the KNL1 (Spc105), Mis12, and Ndc80 complexes...
- Drpic D, Pereira A, Barisic M, Maresca T, Maiato H. Polar Ejection Forces Promote the Conversion from Lateral to End-on Kinetochore-Microtubule Attachments on Mono-oriented Chromosomes. Cell Rep. 2015;13:460-468 pubmed publisher..Thus, PEFs convert lateral to stable end-on kinetochore-microtubule attachments, independently of chromosome bi-orientation. ..