Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nAChRbeta2
Description: nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor beta2
Alias: Acr96Ac, AcrF, CG6798, Dbeta2, Dmel\CG6798, SBD, beta2, beta[], nACR beta 96A, nACRbeta, nAChR, nAChR-beta96A, nAcRbeta, nAcRbeta-96A, nAcRs, nAcr96Ac, sbd, nicotinic acetylcholine receptor beta2, CG6798-PA, CG6798-PB, Dbeta2, SBD, nAChRbeta2-PA, nAChRbeta2-PB, nicotinic acetylcholine receptor beta 96A, second beta-like subunit of drosophila
Species: fruit fly
- Lansdell S, Millar N. The influence of nicotinic receptor subunit composition upon agonist, alpha-bungarotoxin and insecticide (imidacloprid) binding affinity. Neuropharmacology. 2000;39:671-9 pubmed..Imidacloprid bound with very low affinity to the rat alpha4/beta2 nAChR but did so with high affinity to hybrid nAChRs containing Drosophila alpha subunits co-assembled with rat beta2...
- Broughton S, Kane N, Arthur B, Yoder M, Greenspan R, Robichon A. Endogenously inhibited protein kinase C in transgenic Drosophila embryonic neuroblasts down regulates the outgrowth of type I and II processes of cultured mature neurons. J Cell Biochem. 1996;60:584-99 pubmed
- Denecke S, Nowell C, Fournier Level A, Perry T, Batterham P. The Wiggle Index: An Open Source Bioassay to Assess Sub-Lethal Insecticide Response in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0145051 pubmed publisher..melanogaster. ..
- Schulz R, Sawruk E, Mülhardt C, Bertrand S, Baumann A, Phannavong B, et al. D alpha3, a new functional alpha subunit of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors from Drosophila. J Neurochem. 1998;71:853-62 pubmed..Nondesensitizing ACh-evoked inward currents were observed when D alpha3 was coexpressed with the chick beta2 subunit. Half-maximal responses were at approximately 0.15 microM ACh with a Hill coefficient of approximately 1.5...
- Lansdell S, Millar N. Dbeta3, an atypical nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit from Drosophila : molecular cloning, heterologous expression and coassembly. J Neurochem. 2002;80:1009-18 pubmed..Six nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) subunits (four alpha-type and two beta-type) have been cloned previously from the model insect species Drosophila ..
- Shinomiya K, Karuppudurai T, Lin T, Lu Z, Lee C, Meinertzhagen I. Candidate neural substrates for off-edge motion detection in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2014;24:1062-70 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that T5 computes small-field motion signals by integrating multiple cholinergic Tm inputs using nicotinic and muscarinic cholinoceptors. ..
- Sattelle D, Jones A, Sattelle B, Matsuda K, Reenan R, Biggin P. Edit, cut and paste in the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor gene family of Drosophila melanogaster. Bioessays. 2005;27:366-76 pubmed..With the advent of genome sequencing, entire nAChR gene families have now been described for vertebrates and invertebrates...
- Hoopengardner B, Bhalla T, Staber C, Reenan R. Nervous system targets of RNA editing identified by comparative genomics. Science. 2003;301:832-6 pubmed..These results point to a pivotal role for RNA editing in nervous system function. ..
- Jepson J, Savva Y, Yokose C, Sugden A, Sahin A, Reenan R. Engineered alterations in RNA editing modulate complex behavior in Drosophila: regulatory diversity of adenosine deaminase acting on RNA (ADAR) targets. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:8325-37 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that network-wide temporal and spatial regulation of ADAR activity can tune the complex system of RNA-editing sites and modulate multiple ethologically relevant behavioral modalities. ..
- Tomizawa M, Latli B, Casida J. Novel neonicotinoid-agarose affinity column for Drosophila and Musca nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. J Neurochem. 1996;67:1669-76 pubmed..such as the insecticide imidacloprid (IMI) act as agonists at the insect nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR)...
- Gundelfinger E, Hess N. Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors of the central nervous system of Drosophila. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1137:299-308 pubmed
- Schafer W. Genetic analysis of nicotinic signaling in worms and flies. J Neurobiol. 2002;53:535-41 pubmed
- Lansdell S, Schmitt B, Betz H, Sattelle D, Millar N. Temperature-sensitive expression of Drosophila neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. J Neurochem. 1997;68:1812-9 pubmedHeterologous expression of cloned Drosophila nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) subunits indicates that these proteins misfold when expressed in mammalian cell lines at 37 degrees C...
- Dupuis J, Louis T, Gauthier M, Raymond V. Insights from honeybee (Apis mellifera) and fly (Drosophila melanogaster) nicotinic acetylcholine receptors: from genes to behavioral functions. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2012;36:1553-64 pubmed publisher..The unbalance is striking between the abundant literature on nAChR sensitivity to insecticides and the rarity of information regarding their molecular properties and cognitive ..
- Stocker J, Huang H, Wang H, Chang H, Chiu C, Cho C, et al. Reduction of RNA A-to-I editing in Drosophila acclimated to heat shock. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2013;29:478-83 pubmed publisher..However, how RNA editing confers heat resistance is more complicated and requires further investigation. ..
- Wu M, Robinson J, Joiner W. SLEEPLESS is a bifunctional regulator of excitability and cholinergic synaptic transmission. Curr Biol. 2014;24:621-9 pubmed publisher..Mimicking this antagonism with the nAChR inhibitor mecamylamine or by RNAi knockdown of specific nAChR subunits is sufficient to restore sleep to qvr/sss ..
- Baylis H, Sattelle D, Lane N. Genetic analysis of cholinergic nerve terminal function in invertebrates. J Neurocytol. 1996;25:747-62 pubmed..The growing importance of the C. elegans genome as a major research resource is emphasized in this survey. ..
- Dent J. Evidence for a diverse Cys-loop ligand-gated ion channel superfamily in early bilateria. J Mol Evol. 2006;62:523-35 pubmed..well-defined clade of vertebrate cation channel subunits, the alpha 7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits (nAChR), includes invertebrate orthologues...
- Lansdell S, Millar N. Cloning and heterologous expression of Dalpha4, a Drosophila neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit: identification of an alternative exon influencing the efficiency of subunit assembly. Neuropharmacology. 2000;39:2604-14 pubmedA neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) subunit, Dalpha4, has been identified and cloned from the fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster, together with several alternatively spliced transcripts...
- Ren J, Sun J, Zhang Y, Liu T, Ren Q, Li Y, et al. Down-regulation of Decapping Protein 2 mediates chronic nicotine exposure-induced locomotor hyperactivity in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52521 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a significant role for the mRNA decapping pathway in developing locomotor hyperactivity in response to chronic nicotine exposure and identify Dcp2 as a potential candidate for future research on nicotine dependence. ..
- Takemura S, Karuppudurai T, Ting C, Lu Z, Lee C, Meinertzhagen I. Cholinergic circuits integrate neighboring visual signals in a Drosophila motion detection pathway. Curr Biol. 2011;21:2077-84 pubmed publisher..We propose that Tm2 integrates sign-conserving inputs from neighboring columns to mediate the detection of front-to-back motion generated during forward motion. ..
- Sawruk E, Udri C, Betz H, Schmitt B. SBD, a novel structural subunit of the Drosophila nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, shares its genomic localization with two alpha-subunits. FEBS Lett. 1990;273:177-81 pubmed..Here we describe the structure of a cDNA from Drosophila melanogaster which encodes a novel nAChR beta-type subunit (SBD or beta 2)...