Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nAChRbeta1
Description: nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor beta1
Alias: AChR, AChR64B, ARD, AchR64B, Acr64B, AcrD, Ard, CG11348, CG11348-PA, CG12606, Dbeta1, Dmel\CG11348, ard, beta 64B, nAChR, nAChR-beta64B, nAcR64B, nAcRbeta-64B, nicotinic acetylcholine receptor beta1, AChR protein of drosophila, CG11348-PA, CG11348-PB, nAChRbeta1-PA, nAChRbeta1-PB, nicotinic acetylcholine receptor beta 64B, nicotinic acetylcholine receptorb-64B
Species: fruit fly
- Riede I. Proliferative genes induce somatic pairing defects in Drosophila melanogaster and allow replication. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 1997;97:143-54 pubmed..Thus, mutant proliferative genes induce the S-phase and allow replication of DNA. ..
- Ashraf S, McLoon A, Sclarsic S, Kunes S. Synaptic protein synthesis associated with memory is regulated by the RISC pathway in Drosophila. Cell. 2006;124:191-205 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that degradative control of the RISC pathway underlies the pattern of synaptic protein synthesis associated with a stable memory. ..
- Schulz R, Sawruk E, Mülhardt C, Bertrand S, Baumann A, Phannavong B, et al. D alpha3, a new functional alpha subunit of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors from Drosophila. J Neurochem. 1998;71:853-62 pubmed..We have isolated and characterized the gene and the cDNA of a new nAChR subunit from Drosophila...
- Bertrand D, Ballivet M, Gomez M, Bertrand S, Phannavong B, Gundelfinger E. Physiological properties of neuronal nicotinic receptors reconstituted from the vertebrate beta 2 subunit and Drosophila alpha subunits. Eur J Neurosci. 1994;6:869-75 pubmedThree cDNAs (ALS, D alpha 2 and ARD) isolated from the nervous system of Drosophila and encoding putative nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits were expressed in Xenopus oocytes in order to study their functional properties...
- Baumann A, Jonas P, Gundelfinger E. Sequence of D alpha 2, a novel alpha-like subunit of Drosophila nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:3640 pubmed
- Hermans Borgmeyer I, Hoffmeister S, Sawruk E, Betz H, Schmitt B, Gundelfinger E. Neuronal acetylcholine receptors in Drosophila: mature and immature transcripts of the ard gene in the developing central nervous system. Neuron. 1989;2:1147-56 pubmedThe ARD protein is a Drosophila homolog of vertebrate nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (AChR) polypeptides. Here, an analysis of transcripts of the corresponding ard gene is presented...
- Lansdell S, Millar N. Dbeta3, an atypical nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit from Drosophila : molecular cloning, heterologous expression and coassembly. J Neurochem. 2002;80:1009-18 pubmed..Six nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) subunits (four alpha-type and two beta-type) have been cloned previously from the model insect species Drosophila ..
- Wadsworth S, Rosenthal L, Kammermeyer K, Potter M, Nelson D. Expression of a Drosophila melanogaster acetylcholine receptor-related gene in the central nervous system. Mol Cell Biol. 1988;8:778-85 pubmed..The Drosophila genomic clone hybridized to salivary gland polytene chromosome 3L within region 64B and was termed AChR64B. A 3-kilobase poly(A)-containing transcript complementary to the AChR64B clone was readily detectable by RNA blot ..
- Chamaon K, Schulz R, Smalla K, Seidel B, Gundelfinger E. Neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors of Drosophila melanogaster: the alpha-subunit dalpha3 and the beta-type subunit ARD co-assemble within the same receptor complex. FEBS Lett. 2000;482:189-92 pubmed..Here, we produced Dalpha3-specific antibodies to study which other nAChR subunits can co-assemble with Dalpha3 in receptor complexes of the Drosophila nervous system...
- Wu M, Robinson J, Joiner W. SLEEPLESS is a bifunctional regulator of excitability and cholinergic synaptic transmission. Curr Biol. 2014;24:621-9 pubmed publisher..Mimicking this antagonism with the nAChR inhibitor mecamylamine or by RNAi knockdown of specific nAChR subunits is sufficient to restore sleep to qvr/sss ..
- Feng G, Deak P, Kasbekar D, Gil D, Hall L. Cytogenetic and molecular localization of tipE: a gene affecting sodium channels in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1995;139:1679-88 pubmed..Sequencing these transcripts will elucidate the role of the tipE gene product in sodium channel functional regulation. ..
- Ren J, Sun J, Zhang Y, Liu T, Ren Q, Li Y, et al. Down-regulation of Decapping Protein 2 mediates chronic nicotine exposure-induced locomotor hyperactivity in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52521 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a significant role for the mRNA decapping pathway in developing locomotor hyperactivity in response to chronic nicotine exposure and identify Dcp2 as a potential candidate for future research on nicotine dependence. ..
- Hermsen B, Stetzer E, Thees R, Heiermann R, Schrattenholz A, Ebbinghaus U, et al. Neuronal nicotinic receptors in the locust Locusta migratoria. Cloning and expression. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:18394-404 pubmedWe have identified five cDNA clones that encode nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) subunits expressed in the nervous system of the locust Locusta migratoria...
- Dupuis J, Louis T, Gauthier M, Raymond V. Insights from honeybee (Apis mellifera) and fly (Drosophila melanogaster) nicotinic acetylcholine receptors: from genes to behavioral functions. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2012;36:1553-64 pubmed publisher..The unbalance is striking between the abundant literature on nAChR sensitivity to insecticides and the rarity of information regarding their molecular properties and cognitive ..
- Jepson J, Savva Y, Yokose C, Sugden A, Sahin A, Reenan R. Engineered alterations in RNA editing modulate complex behavior in Drosophila: regulatory diversity of adenosine deaminase acting on RNA (ADAR) targets. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:8325-37 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that network-wide temporal and spatial regulation of ADAR activity can tune the complex system of RNA-editing sites and modulate multiple ethologically relevant behavioral modalities. ..
- Schloss P, Betz H, Schroder C, Gundelfinger E. Neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in Drosophila: antibodies against an alpha-like and a non-alpha-subunit recognize the same high-affinity alpha-bungarotoxin binding complex. J Neurochem. 1991;57:1556-62 pubmedALS and ARD proteins are thought to represent a ligand binding and a structural subunit, respectively, of Drosophila nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs)...
- Schuster R, Phannavong B, Schroder C, Gundelfinger E. Immunohistochemical localization of a ligand-binding and a structural subunit of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in the central nervous system of Drosophila melanogaster. J Comp Neurol. 1993;335:149-62 pubmed..antibodies raised against the ligand-binding alpha-like subunit ALS and the putative non-ligand-binding subunit ARD, we find both ALS-like and ARD-like immunoreactivity widely distributed in most neuropiles of the optic lobes, the ..
- Hess N, Merz B, Gundelfinger E. Acetylcholine receptors of the Drosophila brain: a 900 bp promoter fragment contains the essential information for specific expression of the ard gene in vivo. FEBS Lett. 1994;346:135-40 pubmedThe ard gene encodes a beta-subunit of Drosophila nicotinic acetylcholine receptors specifically expressed in a subset of neurons...
- Sawruk E, Hermans Borgmeyer I, Betz H, Gundelfinger E. Characterization of an invertebrate nicotinic acetylcholine receptor gene: the ard gene of Drosophila melanogaster. FEBS Lett. 1988;235:40-6 pubmedThe ard gene encodes a neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (AChR) protein from Drosophila (ARD protein). Cytogenetically this gene maps at position 64B/C on the left arm of the 3rd chromosome...
- Tomizawa M, Zhang N, Durkin K, Olmstead M, Casida J. The neonicotinoid electronegative pharmacophore plays the crucial role in the high affinity and selectivity for the Drosophila nicotinic receptor: an anomaly for the nicotinoid cation--pi interaction model. Biochemistry. 2003;42:7819-27 pubmed..channels, does not apply to the anomalous action of neonicotinoids at the insect nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR)...
- Nair S, Agrawal N, Hasan G. Homeostasis of glutamate neurotransmission is altered in Drosophila Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor mutants. Invert Neurosci. 2007;7:137-47 pubmed
- Lansdell S, Millar N. The influence of nicotinic receptor subunit composition upon agonist, alpha-bungarotoxin and insecticide (imidacloprid) binding affinity. Neuropharmacology. 2000;39:671-9 pubmed..Imidacloprid bound with very low affinity to the rat alpha4/beta2 nAChR but did so with high affinity to hybrid nAChRs containing Drosophila alpha subunits co-assembled with rat beta2...
- Lansdell S, Schmitt B, Betz H, Sattelle D, Millar N. Temperature-sensitive expression of Drosophila neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. J Neurochem. 1997;68:1812-9 pubmedHeterologous expression of cloned Drosophila nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR) subunits indicates that these proteins misfold when expressed in mammalian cell lines at 37 degrees C...
- Baylis H, Sattelle D, Lane N. Genetic analysis of cholinergic nerve terminal function in invertebrates. J Neurocytol. 1996;25:747-62 pubmed..The growing importance of the C. elegans genome as a major research resource is emphasized in this survey. ..
- Broughton S, Kane N, Arthur B, Yoder M, Greenspan R, Robichon A. Endogenously inhibited protein kinase C in transgenic Drosophila embryonic neuroblasts down regulates the outgrowth of type I and II processes of cultured mature neurons. J Cell Biochem. 1996;60:584-99 pubmed
- Stocker J, Huang H, Wang H, Chang H, Chiu C, Cho C, et al. Reduction of RNA A-to-I editing in Drosophila acclimated to heat shock. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2013;29:478-83 pubmed publisher..However, how RNA editing confers heat resistance is more complicated and requires further investigation. ..
- Schafer W. Genetic analysis of nicotinic signaling in worms and flies. J Neurobiol. 2002;53:535-41 pubmed