Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nAChRalpha6
Description: nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha6
Alias: BcDNA:GH01410, CG4128, CT13662, Dalpha6, Dmel\CG4128, alpha6, das, nAChR, nAChR alpha 6, nAChR-alpha30D, nAChRAlpha-30D, nAChRalpha, nAChRalpha-30D, nAcRalpha-30D, rsn, nicotinic acetylcholine receptor alpha6, CG4128-PA, CG4128-PB, CG4128-PC, CG4128-PD, CG4128-PE, CG4128-PG, CG4128-PH, Dalpha6, alpha6 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit, nAChRalpha6-PA, nAChRalpha6-PB, nAChRalpha6-PC, nAChRalpha6-PD, nAChRalpha6-PE, nAChRalpha6-PG, nAChRalpha6-PH, nicotinic acetylcholine receptor 30D, nicotinic acetylcholine receptor alpha 30D, resistance to spinosyn, resistant to spinosyns
Species: fruit fly
- Jin Y, Tian N, Cao J, Liang J, Yang Z, Lv J. RNA editing and alternative splicing of the insect nAChR subunit alpha6 transcript: evolutionary conservation, divergence and regulation. BMC Evol Biol. 2007;7:98 pubmed publisher..Here, we compare the RNA editing and alternative splicing of the nAChR alpha6 subunit genes from different insects spanning ~300 million years of evolution- Drosophila melanogaster, Anopheles ..
- Marrone A, Kucherenko M, Rishko V, Shcherbata H. New dystrophin/dystroglycan interactors control neuron behavior in Drosophila eye. BMC Neurosci. 2011;12:93 pubmed publisher..Since the function of the DGC in the brain and nervous system has not been fully defined, we have here continued to analyze the DGC modifiers' function in the developing Drosophila brain and eye...
- Shinomiya K, Karuppudurai T, Lin T, Lu Z, Lee C, Meinertzhagen I. Candidate neural substrates for off-edge motion detection in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2014;24:1062-70 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that T5 computes small-field motion signals by integrating multiple cholinergic Tm inputs using nicotinic and muscarinic cholinoceptors. ..
- Ren J, Sun J, Zhang Y, Liu T, Ren Q, Li Y, et al. Down-regulation of Decapping Protein 2 mediates chronic nicotine exposure-induced locomotor hyperactivity in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52521 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a significant role for the mRNA decapping pathway in developing locomotor hyperactivity in response to chronic nicotine exposure and identify Dcp2 as a potential candidate for future research on nicotine dependence. ..
- Tomizawa M, Zhang N, Durkin K, Olmstead M, Casida J. The neonicotinoid electronegative pharmacophore plays the crucial role in the high affinity and selectivity for the Drosophila nicotinic receptor: an anomaly for the nicotinoid cation--pi interaction model. Biochemistry. 2003;42:7819-27 pubmed..channels, does not apply to the anomalous action of neonicotinoids at the insect nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR)...
- Rohde P, Madsen L, Neumann Arvidson S, Loeschcke V, Demontis D, Kristensen T. Testing candidate genes for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in fruit flies using a high throughput assay for complex behavior. Fly (Austin). 2016;10:25-34 pubmed publisher..Results provide additional support for the investigated genes being risk candidate genes for ADHD in humans. ..
- Zimmer C, Garrood W, Puinean A, Eckel Zimmer M, Williamson M, Davies T, et al. A CRISPR/Cas9 mediated point mutation in the alpha 6 subunit of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor confers resistance to spinosad in Drosophila melanogaster. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;73:62-9 pubmed publisher..Several studies have associated loss of function mutations in the insect nAChR ?6 subunit with resistance to spinosad, and in the process identified this particular subunit as the specific ..
- Nakayama M, Suzuki E, Tsunoda S, Hama C. The Matrix Proteins Hasp and Hig Exhibit Segregated Distribution within Synaptic Clefts and Play Distinct Roles in Synaptogenesis. J Neurosci. 2016;36:590-606 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Hasp regulates levels of DLG and the nAChR subunits DÎ±6 and DÎ±7 at postsynaptic terminals...
- Somers J, Nguyen J, Lumb C, Batterham P, Perry T. InÂ vivo functional analysis of the Drosophila melanogaster nicotinic acetylcholine receptor DÎ±6 using the insecticide spinosad. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2015;64:116-27 pubmed publisher..Here this system is used to study the interaction between the insecticide spinosad and a nAChR subunit, DÎ±6...
- Ping Y, Tsunoda S. Inactivity-induced increase in nAChRs upregulates Shal K(+) channels to stabilize synaptic potentials. Nat Neurosci. 2011;15:90-7 pubmed publisher..major excitatory receptors in the Drosophila CNS, resulted in a homeostatic increase in the Drosophila ?7 (D?7)-nAChR. This response then induced an increase in the transient A-type K(+) current carried by Shaker cognate L (Shal; ..
- Lansdell S, Collins T, Goodchild J, Millar N. The Drosophila nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits D?5 and D?7 form functional homomeric and heteromeric ion channels. BMC Neurosci. 2012;13:73 pubmed publisher..Ten nAChR subunits have been identified in the model insect Drosophila melanogaster (D?1-D?7 and D?1-D?3) and a similar ..
- Copley R. Evolutionary convergence of alternative splicing in ion channels. Trends Genet. 2004;20:171-6 pubmed..The result has important implications for the analysis of regulation of alternative splicing using comparative genomics and our understanding of molecular evolution. ..
- Denecke S, Nowell C, Fournier Level A, Perry T, Batterham P. The Wiggle Index: An Open Source Bioassay to Assess Sub-Lethal Insecticide Response in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0145051 pubmed publisher..melanogaster. ..
- Jepson J, Savva Y, Yokose C, Sugden A, Sahin A, Reenan R. Engineered alterations in RNA editing modulate complex behavior in Drosophila: regulatory diversity of adenosine deaminase acting on RNA (ADAR) targets. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:8325-37 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that network-wide temporal and spatial regulation of ADAR activity can tune the complex system of RNA-editing sites and modulate multiple ethologically relevant behavioral modalities. ..
- Schafer W. Genetic analysis of nicotinic signaling in worms and flies. J Neurobiol. 2002;53:535-41 pubmed
- Wu M, Robinson J, Joiner W. SLEEPLESS is a bifunctional regulator of excitability and cholinergic synaptic transmission. Curr Biol. 2014;24:621-9 pubmed publisher..Mimicking this antagonism with the nAChR inhibitor mecamylamine or by RNAi knockdown of specific nAChR subunits is sufficient to restore sleep to qvr/sss ..
- Rinkevich F, Scott J. Limitations of RNAi of ?6 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits for assessing the in vivo sensitivity to spinosad. Insect Sci. 2013;20:101-8 pubmed publisher..Potential causes for the lack of change in spinosad sensitivity are discussed. ..
- Perry T, Somers J, Yang Y, Batterham P. Expression of insect Î±6-like nicotinic acetylcholine receptors inÂ Drosophila melanogaster highlights a high level of conservation ofÂ the receptor:spinosyn interaction. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2015;64:106-15 pubmed publisher..In the absence of a robust heterologous expression system, this study presents an inÂ vivo model that will be useful in analysing many other aspects of these receptors and their biology. ..
- Tang C, Sun Y. Use of mini-white as a reporter gene to screen for GAL4 insertions with spatially restricted expression pattern in the developing eye in drosophila. Genesis. 2002;34:39-45 pubmed
- Nakayama M, Matsushita F, Hama C. The matrix protein Hikaru genki localizes to cholinergic synaptic clefts and regulates postsynaptic organization in the Drosophila brain. J Neurosci. 2014;34:13872-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Hig is a specific component of the synaptic cleft matrix of cholinergic synapses and regulates their postsynaptic organization in the CNS. ..