Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: myo
Alias: BcDNA:LD02307, CG1838, Dmel\CG1838, MYO, Myo, Myoglianin, myg, myoglianin, CG1838-PA, CG1838-PC, CG1838-PD, myo-PA, myo-PC, myo-PD
Species: fruit fly
- Bickel D, Shah R, Gesualdi S, Haerry T. Drosophila Follistatin exhibits unique structural modifications and interacts with several TGF-beta family members. Mech Dev. 2008;125:117-29 pubmed..We find that mutants of daw are rescued in significant numbers by expression of vertebrate FS proteins. Since two PiggyBac insertions in dfs are not lethal, it appears that the function of dFS is non-essential or functionally redundant. ..
- Demontis F, Patel V, Swindell W, Perrimon N. Intertissue control of the nucleolus via a myokine-dependent longevity pathway. Cell Rep. 2014;7:1481-1494 pubmed publisher..This nonautonomous control of the nucleolus, a regulator of ribosome biogenesis and lifespan, relies on Myoglianin, a myokine induced by Mnt and orthologous to human GDF11 and Myostatin...
- Hakim Y, Yaniv S, Schuldiner O. Astrocytes play a key role in Drosophila mushroom body axon pruning. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e86178 pubmed publisher..Although it has been previously shown that glia instruct pruning by secreting a TGF-? ligand, myoglianin, which primes MB neurons for fragmentation and also later engulf the axonal debris once fragmentation has been ..
- Yang J, Ramos E, Corces V. The BEAF-32 insulator coordinates genome organization and function during the evolution of Drosophila species. Genome Res. 2012;22:2199-207 pubmed publisher..The results suggest a mechanism for the establishment of differences in transcription patterns during evolution. ..
- Augustin H, McGourty K, Steinert J, CochemÃ© H, Adcott J, Cabecinha M, et al. Myostatin-like proteins regulate synaptic function and neuronal morphology. Development. 2017;144:2445-2455 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Myoglianin (MYO), the Drosophila homolog of myostatin and GDF11, regulates not only body weight and muscle size, but ..
- Beckwith E, Gorostiza E, Berni J, Rezaval C, Pérez Santángelo A, Nadra A, et al. Circadian period integrates network information through activation of the BMP signaling pathway. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001733 pubmed publisher..We propose that coherence in the circadian network arises from integration in PDF neurons of both the pace of the cell-autonomous molecular clock and information derived from circadian-relevant neurons through release of BMP ligands. ..
- Nechaev S, Fargo D, dos Santos G, Liu L, Gao Y, Adelman K. Global analysis of short RNAs reveals widespread promoter-proximal stalling and arrest of Pol II in Drosophila. Science. 2010;327:335-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the intrinsic efficiency of early elongation can greatly affect gene expression. ..
- Pentek J, Parker L, Wu A, Arora K. Follistatin preferentially antagonizes activin rather than BMP signaling in Drosophila. Genesis. 2009;47:261-73 pubmed publisher..In assays targeting endogenous BMP signaling, we find no evidence that fs can antagonize BMP activity. We conclude that fs functions primarily as an inhibitor of activin rather than BMP ligands. ..
- Podemski L, Sousa Neves R, Marsh J, Locke J. Molecular mapping of deletion breakpoints on chromosome 4 of Drosophila melanogaster. Chromosoma. 2004;112:381-8 pubmed..This will substantially reduce the amount of DHPLC analysis required to match each mutation to a predicted transcript on chromosome 4. ..
- Schneider M, Najand N, Chaker S, Pare J, Haskins J, Hughes S, et al. Gawky is a component of cytoplasmic mRNA processing bodies required for early Drosophila development. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:349-58 pubmed..This suggests that gw represents a previously unknown member of a small group of genes that need to be expressed zygotically during early embryo development...
- Hevia C, de Celis J. Activation and function of TGF? signalling during Drosophila wing development and its interactions with the BMP pathway. Dev Biol. 2013;377:138-53 pubmed publisher..It appears that the expression of the four candidate TGF? ligands (Activin?, Dawdle, Maverick and Myoglianin) in the wing disc is required to obtain normal levels of TGF? signalling in this tissue...
- Sultana H, Verma S, Mishra R. A BEAF dependent chromatin domain boundary separates myoglianin and eyeless genes of Drosophila melanogaster. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:3543-57 pubmed publisher..We have identified a new boundary element between myoglianin and eyeless, ME boundary, that separates these two differentially expressed genes...
- Ting C, McQueen P, Pandya N, Lin T, Yang M, Reddy O, et al. Photoreceptor-derived activin promotes dendritic termination and restricts the receptive fields of first-order interneurons in Drosophila. Neuron. 2014;81:830-846 pubmed publisher..We suggest that afferent-derived Activin regulates the dendritic field size of their postsynaptic partners to ensure appropriate synaptic partnership. ..