Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mus312
Description: mutagen-sensitive 312
Alias: CG8601, Dmel\CG8601, MUS312, mus(3)312, mutagen-sensitive 312, CG8601-PA, CG8601-PD, CG8601-PE, mus312-PA, mus312-PD, mus312-PE
Species: fruit fly
- de Buendía P. Search for DNA repair pathways in Drosophila melanogaster. Mutat Res. 1998;407:67-84 pubmed..A possible explanation could be a weaker control of post-replication repair mechanisms in Drosophila than in yeast. It is expected that this research could help for a better understanding of repair mechanisms in complex organisms. ..
- Andersen S, Kuo H, Savukoski D, Brodsky M, Sekelsky J. Three structure-selective endonucleases are essential in the absence of BLM helicase in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002315 pubmed publisher..Previous studies with Drosophila melanogaster showed that, as in yeast, loss of both DmBLM and MUS81 or MUS312 (the ortholog of SLX4) is lethal. We have now recovered and analyzed mutations in Drosophila Gen...
- Chandra S, Pandey A, Chowdhuri D. MiRNA profiling provides insights on adverse effects of Cr(VI) in the midgut tissues of Drosophila melanogaster. J Hazard Mater. 2015;283:558-67 pubmed publisher..DNA damage repair, oxidation-reduction processes, development and differentiation. Down-regulation of mus309 and mus312 under DNA repair, acon to oxidation-reduction and pyd to stress activated MAPK cascade respectively belonging to ..
- Heyer W, Ehmsen K, Solinger J. Holliday junctions in the eukaryotic nucleus: resolution in sight?. Trends Biochem Sci. 2003;28:548-57 pubmed..The endonucleases Mus81/Mms4-Eme1 and XPF-MEI-9/MUS312 are structurally related to the archaeal resolvase Hjc and were found to be involved in crossover formation in ..
- Wei D, Rong Y. A genetic screen for DNA double-strand break repair mutations in Drosophila. Genetics. 2007;177:63-77 pubmed
- Kuo H, McMahan S, Rota C, Kohl K, Sekelsky J. Drosophila FANCM helicase prevents spontaneous mitotic crossovers generated by the MUS81 and SLX1 nucleases. Genetics. 2014;198:935-45 pubmed publisher..When BLM is absent, three nucleases believed to function as Holliday junction resolvases--MUS81-MMS4, MUS312-SLX1, and GEN--become essential...
- Yildiz O, Kearney H, Kramer B, Sekelsky J. Mutational analysis of the Drosophila DNA repair and recombination gene mei-9. Genetics. 2004;167:263-73 pubmed
- Edwards A, Mackay T. Quantitative trait loci for aggressive behavior in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2009;182:889-97 pubmed publisher..Extensive epistasis poses a serious challenge for understanding the genetic basis of complex traits. ..
- Olsen O, Green M. The mutagenic effects of diepoxybutane in wild-type and mutagen-sensitive mutants of Drosophila melanogaster. Mutat Res. 1982;92:107-15 pubmed..By inference the same is also the case in females homozygous for 3 other mutagen-sensitive mutants. ..
- Bolterstein E, Rivero R, Marquez M, McVey M. The Drosophila Werner exonuclease participates in an exonuclease-independent response to replication stress. Genetics. 2014;197:643-52 pubmed publisher..We propose that WRNexo and BLM interact to promote fork reversal following replication fork stalling and in their absence regressed forks are restarted through a Rad51-mediated process. ..