Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mst77F
Description: Male-specific transcript 77F
Alias: 18c, CG3354, Dmel\CG3354, MST77F, R1-18c, ms(3)nc3, mst77F, nc3, Male-specific transcript 77F, CG3354-PA, Mst77F-PA, male sterile (3) nc3
Species: fruit fly
- Francisco F, Lemos B. How do y-chromosomes modulate genome-wide epigenetic States: genome folding, chromatin sinks, and gene expression. J Genomics. 2014;2:94-103 pubmed publisher..We also discuss how the discovery of this new function impacts the current knowledge about Y chromosome origin, its current dynamics, and future fate. ..
- Dubruille R, Orsi G, Delabaere L, Cortier E, Couble P, Marais G, et al. Specialization of a Drosophila capping protein essential for the protection of sperm telomeres. Curr Biol. 2010;20:2090-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that K81 specialized in the maintenance of telomere protection in the highly peculiar chromatin environment of differentiating male gametes...
- Balakirev E, Ayala F. Pseudogenes: are they "junk" or functional DNA?. Annu Rev Genet. 2003;37:123-51 pubmed publisher..We agree with the proposal that pseudogenes be considered as potogenes, i.e., DNA sequences with a potentiality for becoming new genes...
- Gatti M, Pimpinelli S. Functional elements in Drosophila melanogaster heterochromatin. Annu Rev Genet. 1992;26:239-75 pubmed
- Leser K, Awe S, Barckmann B, Renkawitz Pohl R, Rathke C. The bromodomain-containing protein tBRD-1 is specifically expressed in spermatocytes and is essential for male fertility. Biol Open. 2012;1:597-606 pubmed publisher..In Drosophila, the mRNAs of proteins required for post-meiotic chromatin reorganisation, like ProtB and Mst77F, are transcribed in meiotic spermatocytes and subjected to translational repression for days...
- Tirmarche S, Kimura S, Sapey Triomphe L, Sullivan W, Landmann F, Loppin B. Drosophila protamine-like Mst35Ba and Mst35Bb are required for proper sperm nuclear morphology but are dispensable for male fertility. G3 (Bethesda). 2014;4:2241-5 pubmed publisher..Here, we have precisely deleted the Mst35B locus by homologous recombination, and we confirm the dispensability of Mst35Ba/b for fertility. ..
- Vardanyan A, Atanesyan L, Egli D, Raja S, Steinmann Zwicky M, Renkawitz Pohl R, et al. Dumpy-30 family members as determinants of male fertility and interaction partners of metal-responsive transcription factor 1 (MTF-1) in Drosophila. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:68 pubmed publisher..The results from these studies reveal an inhibitory effect of Dpy-30L1 on MTF-1 and an essential role for Dpy-30L2 in male fertility. ..
- Kost N, Kaiser S, Ostwal Y, Riedel D, StÃ¼tzer A, Nikolov M, et al. Multimerization of Drosophila sperm protein Mst77F causes a unique condensed chromatin structure. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:3033-45 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we analyzed the interaction of Mst77F, another very basic testis-specific protein with chromatin and DNA as well as studied the molecular consequences ..
- Osoegawa K, Vessere G, Li Shu C, Hoskins R, Abad J, de Pablos B, et al. BAC clones generated from sheared DNA. Genomics. 2007;89:291-9 pubmed..The utility of "sheared" libraries was demonstrated by closure of a previous clone gap and by isolation of clones from telomeric regions, which were notably absent from previous Drosophila BAC libraries. ..
- Eren Ghiani Z, Rathke C, Theofel I, Renkawitz Pohl R. Prtl99C Acts Together with Protamines and Safeguards Male Fertility in Drosophila. Cell Rep. 2015;13:2327-2335 pubmed publisher..These data reveal that at least three chromatin-binding proteins act together in chromatin reorganization to compact the paternal chromatin. ..
- Kimura S, Loppin B. The Drosophila chromosomal protein Mst77F is processed to generate an essential component of mature sperm chromatin. Open Biol. 2016;6: pubmed..sperm DNA to reach an extreme level of compaction, but little is known about how SNBPs actually function in vivo Mst77F is a Drosophila SNBP with unique DNA condensation properties in vitro, but its role during spermiogenesis remains ..
- Doyen C, Moshkin Y, Chalkley G, Bezstarosti K, Demmers J, Rathke C, et al. Subunits of the histone chaperone CAF1 also mediate assembly of protamine-based chromatin. Cell Rep. 2013;4:59-65 pubmed publisher..These results show that CAF1 subunits mediate the assembly of two fundamentally different forms of chromatin. ..