Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mr
Alias: APC2, APC2/mr, Apc2, CG3060, Dmel\CG3060, dAPC2, morula, CG3060-PA, mr-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Royzman I, Orr Weaver T. S phase and differential DNA replication during Drosophila oogenesis. Genes Cells. 1998;3:767-76 pubmed..Cyclin E and E2F are needed for this differential DNA replication during Drosophila oogenesis. ..
- Lasko P, Ashburner M. Posterior localization of vasa protein correlates with, but is not sufficient for, pole cell development. Genes Dev. 1990;4:905-21 pubmed..These results are discussed with respect to the multiple functions of the vasa gene. ..
- Silies M, Klämbt C. APC/C(Fzr/Cdh1)-dependent regulation of cell adhesion controls glial migration in the Drosophila PNS. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:1357-64 pubmed publisher..This represents a simple mechanism by which a subcellular gradient of adhesiveness can coordinate glial migration with axonal growth...
- Buttitta L, Katzaroff A, Edgar B. A robust cell cycle control mechanism limits E2F-induced proliferation of terminally differentiated cells in vivo. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:981-96 pubmed publisher..These mechanisms are essential for proper development, as evading them leads to tissue outgrowths composed of dividing but terminally differentiated cells. ..
- Gridley T, Gray D, Orr Weaver T, Soriano P, Barton D, Francke U, et al. Molecular analysis of the Mov 34 mutation: transcript disrupted by proviral integration in mice is conserved in Drosophila. Development. 1990;109:235-42 pubmed..In situ hybridization to Drosophila polytene chromosomes localizes the Drosophila homolog to 60B,C on chromosome 2. Several Drosophila lethal mutations also map to this region. ..
- Slack C, Overton P, Tuxworth R, Chia W. Asymmetric localisation of Miranda and its cargo proteins during neuroblast division requires the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome. Development. 2007;134:3781-7 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that APC/C activity and ubiquitylation of Miranda are required for the asymmetric localisation of Miranda and its cargo proteins to the NB cortex. ..
- Vardy L, Pesin J, Orr Weaver T. Regulation of Cyclin A protein in meiosis and early embryogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:1838-43 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal multiple levels of posttranscriptional regulation of Cyclin A protein by translational and proteolytic control during oocyte maturation and the onset of embryogenesis. ..
- Acquaviva C, Pines J. The anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome: APC/C. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2401-4 pubmed
- Mohd Sarip A, Lagarou A, Doyen C, van der Knaap J, Aslan U, Bezstarosti K, et al. Transcription-independent function of Polycomb group protein PSC in cell cycle control. Science. 2012;336:744-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, PSC appears to mediate both developmental gene silencing and posttranslational control of mitosis. Direct regulation of cell cycle progression might be a crucial part of the PcG system's function in development and cancer. ..
- Lewis E. The Relation of Repeats to Position Effect in Drosophila Melanogaster. Genetics. 1945;30:137-66 pubmed
- Harper J, Burton J, Solomon M. The anaphase-promoting complex: it's not just for mitosis any more. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2179-206 pubmed
- Edgar B, Orr Weaver T. Endoreplication cell cycles: more for less. Cell. 2001;105:297-306 pubmed
- Hainline S, Rickmyre J, Neitzel L, Lee L, Lee E. The Drosophila MCPH1-B isoform is a substrate of the APCCdh1 E3 ubiquitin ligase complex. Biol Open. 2014;3:669-76 pubmed publisher..dMCPH1 levels are increased in Drosophila morula (APC2) mutant embryos, consistent with dMCPH1 being an APC substrate in vivo...
- Meghini F, Martins T, Tait X, Fujimitsu K, Yamano H, Glover D, et al. Targeting of Fzr/Cdh1 for timely activation of the APC/C at the centrosome during mitotic exit. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12607 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that Spd2 is also a novel APC/C(Fzr) substrate. Our study is the first to demonstrate the critical importance of distinct subcellular pools of APC/C activators in the spatiotemporal control of APC/C activity. ..
- Nagy O, Pal M, Udvardy A, Shirras C, Boros I, Shirras A, et al. lemmingA encodes the Apc11 subunit of the APC/C in Drosophila melanogaster that forms a ternary complex with the E2-C type ubiquitin conjugating enzyme, Vihar and Morula/Apc2. Cell Div. 2012;7:9 pubmed publisher..The LmgA protein interacts with Mr/Apc2, and they together form a binding site for Vihar, the E2-C type ubiquitin conjugating enzyme...