Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mondo
Alias: 154826_at, CG18362, ChREBP, Dmel\CG18362, Mio, anon-39Da, bHLHd12, dmondo, mio, mlx, mondo, mondo, CG18362-PA, CG18362-PB, CG18362-PE, CG18362-PF, CG18362-PG, CG18362-PH, CG18362-PI, CG18362-PJ, CG18362-PK, CG18362-PL, CG18362-PM, Mlx interactor, Mondo-PA, Mondo-PB, Mondo-PE, Mondo-PF, Mondo-PG, Mondo-PH, Mondo-PI, Mondo-PJ, Mondo-PK, Mondo-PL, Mondo-PM, WBSCR14-related
Species: fruit fly
- Musselman L, Fink J, Ramachandran P, Patterson B, Okunade A, Maier E, et al. Role of fat body lipogenesis in protection against the effects of caloric overload in Drosophila. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8028-42 pubmed publisher..Our work supports a critical role for the fat body and the Drosophila carbohydrate response element-binding protein ortholog in metabolic homeostasis in Drosophila...
- Havula E, Teesalu M, Hyötyläinen T, Seppälä H, Hasygar K, Auvinen P, et al. Mondo/ChREBP-Mlx-regulated transcriptional network is essential for dietary sugar tolerance in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003438 pubmed publisher..Paralogous Mondo transcription factors ChREBP and MondoA, with their common binding partner Mlx, are key sensors of intracellular glucose flux in mammals...
- Matsuda H, Yamada T, Yoshida M, Nishimura T. Flies without trehalose. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:1244-55 pubmed publisher..These diet-dependent phenotypes of Tps1 mutants demonstrate the critical role of trehalose during development in Drosophila and reveal how animals adapt to changes in nutrient availability. ..
- Kim G, Lee Y, Lee G, Cho Y, Lee Y, Jang Y, et al. Overexpression of malic enzyme in the larval stage extends Drosophila lifespan. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;456:676-82 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that metabolic changes mediated by Men during development might be related to the control of ROS tolerance and the longevity of Drosophila. ..
- Polak G, Pasqualino A, Docherty J, Beck S, DiAngelo J. The Regulation of Muscle Structure and Metabolism by Mio/dChREBP in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136504 pubmed publisher..Mio, the Drosophila homolog of carbohydrate response element binding protein (ChREBP), has recently been identified as a nutrient responsive transcription factor important for triglyceride storage in ..
- Abramov Y, Shatskikh A, Maksimenko O, Bonaccorsi S, Gvozdev V, Lavrov S. The Differences Between Cis- and Trans-Gene Inactivation Caused by Heterochromatin in Drosophila. Genetics. 2016;202:93-106 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that trans-inactivation is followed by de novo HP1a accumulation in the affected transgene; trans-inactivation is specifically favored by the chromatin remodeler SAYP and prevented by Argonaute AGO2. ..