Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: molting defective
Description: molting defective
Alias: CG13620, CG31312, CG33343, CG34100, CG9469, DTS-3, Dmel\CG34100, L(3)3[DTS], Mld, l(3)3[DTS], l(3)DTS3, molting defective, CG34100-PA, CG34100-PC, CG34100-PD, CG34100-PE, CG34100-PF, defective, dominant temperature-sensitive 3, lethal (3) DTS3, mld-PA, mld-PC, mld-PD, mld-PE, mld-PF, molting
Species: fruit fly
- Danielsen E, Moeller M, Dorry E, Komura Kawa T, Fujimoto Y, Troelsen J, et al. Transcriptional control of steroid biosynthesis genes in the Drosophila prothoracic gland by ventral veins lacking and knirps. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004343 pubmed publisher..We also show that the transcriptional regulator, Molting defective (Mld), controls early biosynthetic pathway steps...
- Lanet E, Gould A, Maurange C. Protection of neuronal diversity at the expense of neuronal numbers during nutrient restriction in the Drosophila visual system. Cell Rep. 2013;3:587-94 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal an adaptive mechanism that helps to retain a functional visual system over a range of different brain sizes in the face of suboptimal nutrition. ..
- Segal D. Prospects of using Drosophila for insect neuroendocrine research. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 1993;22:199-231 pubmed..Such information should be helpful in designing novel means for pest control based on the specific intervention with endocrine systems regulating insect development and reproduction. ..
- Komura Kawa T, Hirota K, Shimada Niwa Y, Yamauchi R, Shimell M, Shinoda T, et al. The Drosophila Zinc Finger Transcription Factor Ouija Board Controls Ecdysteroid Biosynthesis through Specific Regulation of spookier. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005712 pubmed publisher..In insects, the principal steroid hormones are ecdysteroids, which play essential roles in regulating molting and metamorphosis...
- Pahi Z, Kiss Z, Komonyi O, Borsos B, Tora L, Boros I, et al. dTAF10- and dTAF10b-Containing Complexes Are Required for Ecdysone-Driven Larval-Pupal Morphogenesis in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0142226 pubmed publisher..We propose that distinct forms of dTFIID and/or dSAGA exist during Drosophila metamorphosis, wherein different TAF compositions serve to target RNAPII at different developmental stages and tissues. ..
- Ishimoto H, Wang Z, Rao Y, Wu C, Kitamoto T. A novel role for ecdysone in Drosophila conditioned behavior: linking GPCR-mediated non-canonical steroid action to cAMP signaling in the adult brain. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003843 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel insights into non-genomic actions of steroids, and opens a new avenue for genetic investigation into an underappreciated mechanism critical to behavioral control by steroids. ..
- Talamillo A, Sánchez J, Cantera R, Pérez C, Martin D, Caminero E, et al. Smt3 is required for Drosophila melanogaster metamorphosis. Development. 2008;135:1659-68 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study indicates that Smt3 is required for the ecdysteroid synthesis pathway at the time of puparium formation. ..
- Kozlova T, Thummel C. Steroid regulation of postembryonic development and reproduction in Drosophila. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2000;11:276-80 pubmed..The ecdysteroid hierarchy was also shown recently to regulate Drosophila oogenesis and reproduction. ..
- PETRUCCELLI E, Li Q, Rao Y, Kitamoto T. The Unique Dopamine/Ecdysteroid Receptor Modulates Ethanol-Induced Sedation in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2016;36:4647-57 pubmed publisher..Our work provides a foundation for further characterizing the function and mechanisms of action of nonclassical steroid GPCR signaling. ..