Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mmy
Alias: BcDNA:LD24639, CG9535, Dmel\CG9535, LD44264, anon-WO0140519.242, cao, cys, cyst, cystic, l(2)k13717b, mum, mummy, CG9535-PA, CG9535-PB, CG9535-PD, UDP-GlcNAc pyrophosphorylase, cabrio, cystic, mmy-PA, mmy-PB, mmy-PD
Species: fruit fly
- Schimmelpfeng K, Strunk M, Stork T, Klämbt C. Mummy encodes an UDP-N-acetylglucosamine-dipohosphorylase and is required during Drosophila dorsal closure and nervous system development. Mech Dev. 2006;123:487-99 pubmed..Here, we describe the analysis of the cabrio/mummy gene, which encodes an UDP-N-acetylglucosamine diphosphorylase...
- Manavalan M, Jayasinghe V, Grewal R, Bhat K. The glycosylation pathway is required for the secretion of Slit and for the maintenance of the Slit receptor Robo on axons. Sci Signal. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..We showed that the enzyme Mummy (Mmy) controlled Slit-Robo signaling through mechanisms that affected both the ligand and the receptor...
- Tonning A, Helms S, Schwarz H, Uv A, Moussian B. Hormonal regulation of mummy is needed for apical extracellular matrix formation and epithelial morphogenesis in Drosophila. Development. 2006;133:331-41 pubmed..Here, we show that Drosophila mummy (mmy) mutants display defects in epithelial organisation in conjunction with aberrant deposition of the cuticle ..
- Devine W, Lubarsky B, Shaw K, Luschnig S, Messina L, Krasnow M. Requirement for chitin biosynthesis in epithelial tube morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17014-9 pubmed..These findings show that chitin regulates epithelial tube morphogenesis, in addition to its classical role protecting mature epithelia. ..
- Chavez V, Marques G, Delbecque J, Kobayashi K, Hollingsworth M, Burr J, et al. The Drosophila disembodied gene controls late embryonic morphogenesis and codes for a cytochrome P450 enzyme that regulates embryonic ecdysone levels. Development. 2000;127:4115-26 pubmed
- Araújo S, Cela C, Llimargas M. Tramtrack regulates different morphogenetic events during Drosophila tracheal development. Development. 2007;134:3665-76 pubmed..In summary, the involvement of Ttk in different steps of tube morphogenesis identifies it as a key player in tracheal development. ..
- Humphreys G, Jud M, Monroe K, Kimball S, Higley M, Shipley D, et al. Mummy, A UDP-N-acetylglucosamine pyrophosphorylase, modulates DPP signaling in the embryonic epidermis of Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2013;381:434-45 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the mummy (mmy) gene product, which is required for dorsal closure, functions as a BMP signaling antagonist...