Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mlp60A
Description: Muscle LIM protein at 60A
Alias: BcDNA:RE14544, BcDNA:RH74176, CG30174, CG30179, CG3220, CG33149, CG42309, DLim-2, DMLP1, DMlp1, DmLIM-2, Dmel\CG42309, Dmel_CG30174, Dmel_CG30179, Dmel_CG33149, FBgn0259209, MLIM 60A, MLP, MLP1, Mlp1, Mlp60, dMlp60A, muscle LIM protein at 60A, CG42309-PB, CG42309-PC, CG42309-PE, CG42309-PF, Mlp60A-PB, Mlp60A-PC, Mlp60A-PE, Mlp60A-PF, Muscle-specific LIM protein at 60A, muscle LIM protein 60A
Species: fruit fly
- Arber S, Caroni P. Specificity of single LIM motifs in targeting and LIM/LIM interactions in situ. Genes Dev. 1996;10:289-300 pubmed..In this study we have analyzed the binding properties of LIM motifs in the cellular environment. We show that MLP, CRP, and betaCRP define a subclass of LIM-only proteins with unique dual subcellular localization in the nucleus ..
- Stronach B, Renfranz P, Lilly B, Beckerle M. Muscle LIM proteins are associated with muscle sarcomeres and require dMEF2 for their expression during Drosophila myogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2329-42 pubmed..Previously, we characterized two members of the Drosophila CRP family, the muscle LIM proteins Mlp60A and Mlp84B, which show restricted expression in differentiating muscle lineages...
- Keller C, Erickson M, Abmayr S. Misexpression of nautilus induces myogenesis in cardioblasts and alters the pattern of somatic muscle fibers. Dev Biol. 1997;181:197-212 pubmed..Moreover, many cardioblasts express increased levels of muscle-specific genes such as myosin, actin 57B, and Mlp60A, a protein that is restricted to the somatic, visceral, and pharyngeal muscles...
- Lin M, Bour B, Abmayr S, Storti R. Ectopic expression of MEF2 in the epidermis induces epidermal expression of muscle genes and abnormal muscle development in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 1997;182:240-55 pubmed..We also find that the level of MEF2 in the mesoderm and/or muscles in embryos is critical to body-wall muscle formation; however, no effect is observed on the development of the visceral muscle or dorsal vessel. ..
- Xun Z, Kaufman T, Clemmer D. Proteome response to the panneural expression of human wild-type alpha-synuclein: a Drosophila model of Parkinson's disease. J Proteome Res. 2008;7:3911-21 pubmed publisher..The observed alterations in both pathology-associated and novel proteins may shed light on the pathological roles of alpha-synuclein that may lead to the development of diagnostic strategies at the presymptomatic stage. ..
- Weiskirchen R, Günther K. The CRP/MLP/TLP family of LIM domain proteins: acting by connecting. Bioessays. 2003;25:152-62 pubmed
- Stronach B, Siegrist S, Beckerle M. Two muscle-specific LIM proteins in Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:1179-95 pubmed..b>Mlp60A encodes a protein with a single LIM domain linked to a glycine-rich region...