Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lsm11
Alias: CG12924, Dmel\CG12924, LSM11, dLsm11, Lsm11, CG12924-PA, Lsm11-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Cauchi R, Sanchez Pulido L, Liu J. Drosophila SMN complex proteins Gemin2, Gemin3, and Gemin5 are components of U bodies. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:2354-64 pubmed publisher..In addition to a role in snRNP biogenesis, SMN complexes residing in U bodies may also be involved in mRNP assembly and/or transport. ..
- Salzler H, Tatomer D, Malek P, McDaniel S, Orlando A, Marzluff W, et al. A sequence in the Drosophila H3-H4 Promoter triggers histone locus body assembly and biosynthesis of replication-coupled histone mRNAs. Dev Cell. 2013;24:623-34 pubmed publisher..We conclude that HLB assembly occurs through a stepwise process involving stochastic interactions of individual components that localize to a specific sequence in the H3-H4 promoter. ..
- Godfrey A, White A, Tatomer D, Marzluff W, Duronio R. The Drosophila U7 snRNP proteins Lsm10 and Lsm11 are required for histone pre-mRNA processing and play an essential role in development. RNA. 2009;15:1661-72 pubmed publisher..U7 snRNP contains two like-Sm proteins, Lsm10 and Lsm11, which replace SmD1 and SmD2 in the canonical heptameric Sm protein ring that binds spliceosomal snRNAs...
- Yang X, Burch B, Yan Y, Marzluff W, Dominski Z. FLASH, a proapoptotic protein involved in activation of caspase-8, is essential for 3' end processing of histone pre-mRNAs. Mol Cell. 2009;36:267-78 pubmed publisher..U7 snRNP contains a unique Sm ring in which the canonical SmD2 protein is replaced by Lsm11. We used the yeast two-hybrid system to identify binding partners of Lsm11 and selected the proapoptotic protein ..
- Bulchand S, Menon S, George S, Chia W. Muscle wasted: a novel component of the Drosophila histone locus body required for muscle integrity. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2697-707 pubmed publisher..a genetic interaction between mute and the Stem-loop binding protein (Slbp) and a loss of muscle striations in Lsm11 mutants...
- Guglielmi B, La Rochelle N, Tjian R. Gene-specific transcriptional mechanisms at the histone gene cluster revealed by single-cell imaging. Mol Cell. 2013;51:480-92 pubmed publisher..These results provide mechanistic insights for the role of gene-specific core promoter factors and implications for cell cycle-regulated gene expression. ..
- Fichelson P, Moch C, Ivanovitch K, Martin C, Sidor C, Lepesant J, et al. Live-imaging of single stem cells within their niche reveals that a U3snoRNP component segregates asymmetrically and is required for self-renewal in Drosophila. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:685-93 pubmed publisher..In the absence of Wcd, NSCs became smaller and produced fewer neurons. Our results show that regulation of ribosome synthesis is a crucial parameter for stem cell maintenance and function. ..
- Beumer K, Trautman J, Bozas A, Liu J, Rutter J, Gall J, et al. Efficient gene targeting in Drosophila by direct embryo injection with zinc-finger nucleases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:19821-6 pubmed publisher..The injection procedure is much more rapid than earlier approaches and makes possible the generation and recovery of targeted gene alterations at essentially any locus within 2 fly generations. ..