Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: loco
Description: locomotion defects
Alias: CG17229, CG5248, Dmel\CG5248, LOCO, Loco, dLoco, locomotion defects, CG5248-PB, CG5248-PC, CG5248-PD, CG5248-PF, CG5248-PH, loco-PB, loco-PC, loco-PD, loco-PF, loco-PH, locomotion defect
Species: fruit fly
- Daneman R, Barres B. The blood-brain barrier--lessons from moody flies. Cell. 2005;123:9-12 pubmed..Meanwhile, moody also has been identified in a screen for fly mutants with altered sensitivity to cocaine, remarkably implicating the BBB in the physiological response to narcotics. ..
- Dembeck L, Huang W, Magwire M, Lawrence F, Lyman R, Mackay T. Genetic Architecture of Abdominal Pigmentation in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005163 pubmed publisher..Variation in these novel candidates may serve as targets for adaptive evolution and sexual selection in D. melanogaster. ..
- Tschäpe J, Hammerschmied C, Mühlig Versen M, Athenstaedt K, Daum G, Kretzschmar D. The neurodegeneration mutant löchrig interferes with cholesterol homeostasis and Appl processing. EMBO J. 2002;21:6367-76 pubmed..These results describe a novel function of AMPK in neurodegeneration and APPL/APP processing which could be mediated through HMG-CoA reductase and cholesterol ester. ..
- Lin Y, Parikh H, Park Y. Loco signaling pathway in longevity. Small Gtpases. 2011;2:158-161 pubmed..We found that reduced expression of Loco, a Drosophila RGS protein, resulted in a longer lifespan of flies with stronger resistance to stress, higher MnSOD ..
- Edenfeld G, Volohonsky G, Krukkert K, Naffin E, Lammel U, Grimm A, et al. The splicing factor crooked neck associates with the RNA-binding protein HOW to control glial cell maturation in Drosophila. Neuron. 2006;52:969-80 pubmed
- Tayler T, Robichaux M, Garrity P. Compartmentalization of visual centers in the Drosophila brain requires Slit and Robo proteins. Development. 2004;131:5935-45 pubmed..We propose that Slit and Robo-family proteins act to maintain the distinct cellular composition of the lamina and the lobula cortex. ..
- Jones B. Glial cell development in the Drosophila embryo. Bioessays. 2001;23:877-87 pubmed..Other roles of glia are being explored, including their requirement for axon guidance, neuronal survival, and signaling. ..
- Schwabe T, Bainton R, Fetter R, Heberlein U, Gaul U. GPCR signaling is required for blood-brain barrier formation in drosophila. Cell. 2005;123:133-44 pubmed..receptor (GPCR) Moody, the G protein subunits G alpha i and G alpha o, and the regulator of G protein signaling Loco are required in the surface glia to achieve effective insulation...
- Kopein D, Katanaev V. Drosophila GoLoco-protein Pins is a target of Galpha(o)-mediated G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:3865-77 pubmed publisher..g., in the context of the nervous system development, where Galpha(o) acts downstream from Frizzled and redundantly with Galpha(i) to control the asymmetry of cell divisions. ..
- Lin C, Koval A, Tishchenko S, Gabdulkhakov A, Tin U, Solis G, et al. Double suppression of the G? protein activity by RGS proteins. Mol Cell. 2014;53:663-71 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify Dhit and its homologs as double-action regulators, inhibiting G?o/i proteins both through suppression of their activation and acceleration of their inactivation through the single RGS domain. ..
- McGurk L, Pathirana S, Rothwell K, Trimbuch T, Colombini P, Yu F, et al. The RGS gene loco is essential for male reproductive system differentiation in Drosophila melanogaster. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:37 pubmed publisherThe loco gene encodes several different isoforms of a regulator of G-protein signalling. These different isoforms of LOCO are part of a pathway enabling cells to respond to external signals...
- Jin L, Shim J, Yoon J, Kim B, Kim J, Kim Ha J, et al. Identification and functional analysis of antifungal immune response genes in Drosophila. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000168 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a new class of genes involved in antifungal immune responses in Drosophila. ..
- Lin Y, Kim K, Yang Y, Ivessa A, Sadoshima J, Park Y. Regulation of longevity by regulator of G-protein signaling protein, Loco. Aging Cell. 2011;10:438-47 pubmed publisher..Reduced expression of Loco, a RGS protein of Drosophila melanogaster, resulted in a longer lifespan for both male and female flies, also ..
- Jones B. Transcriptional control of glial cell development in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2005;278:265-73 pubmed
- Granderath S, Bunse I, Klämbt C. gcm and pointed synergistically control glial transcription of the Drosophila gene loco. Mech Dev. 2000;91:197-208 pubmed..The gene loco has been identified as a potential target gene of pointed and is involved in terminal glial differentiation...