Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lic
Alias: CG12244, D-MKK3, DMEK3, DMKK3, DMKK3/lic, DmMKK3, Dmel\CG12244, MEK3, MEK3/MKK3, MKK3, Mek3, Mkk3, Mpk3, dMKK3, l(1)G0252, p38, p38MAPKK, licorne, CG12244-PA, MAP kinase kinase 3, MEK-kinase 3, Mkk3, drosophila MAP kinase kinase 3, lic-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Inoue H, Tateno M, Fujimura Kamada K, Takaesu G, Adachi Yamada T, Ninomiya Tsuji J, et al. A Drosophila MAPKKK, D-MEKK1, mediates stress responses through activation of p38 MAPK. EMBO J. 2001;20:5421-30 pubmedIn cultured mammalian cells, the p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway is activated in response to a variety of environmental stresses...
- Belozerov V, Lin Z, Gingras A, McDermott J, Michael Siu K. High-resolution protein interaction map of the Drosophila melanogaster p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases reveals limited functional redundancy. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:3695-706 pubmed publisher..coupled to tandem mass spectrometry to generate a high-resolution protein interaction map of the three homologous p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) in Drosophila and assessed the utility of such a map in defining the ..
- Chakrabarti S, Poidevin M, Lemaitre B. The Drosophila MAPK p38c regulates oxidative stress and lipid homeostasis in the intestine. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004659 pubmed publisher..Our genetic analysis shows that p38c functions in a pathway with Mekk1 and Mkk3 to induce the phosphorylation of Atf-2, a transcription factor that controls Duox expression...
- Lim H, Wang W, Chen J, Ocorr K, Bodmer R. ROS regulate cardiac function via a distinct paracrine mechanism. Cell Rep. 2014;7:35-44 pubmed publisher..normal cardiac function, not by diffusing into the CMs to exert their function, but by eliciting a downstream D-MKK3-D-p38 MAPK signaling cascade in PCs that acts on the CMs to regulate their function...
- Voolstra O, Bartels J, Oberegelsbacher C, Pfannstiel J, Huber A. Phosphorylation of the Drosophila transient receptor potential ion channel is regulated by the phototransduction cascade and involves several protein kinases and phosphatases. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73787 pubmed publisher..A candidate screen to identify kinases and phosphatases provided in vivo evidence for an involvement of eye-PKC as well as other kinases and phosphatases in TRP phosphorylation. ..
- Cobreros Reguera L, Fernández Miñán A, Fernández Espartero C, Lopez Schier H, González Reyes A, Martin Bermudo M. The Ste20 kinase misshapen is essential for the invasive behaviour of ovarian epithelial cells in Drosophila. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:943-9 pubmed publisher..The msn gene functions to modulate the levels and/or distribution of Drosophila E-cadherin to promote the invasive migratory behaviour of border cells. ..
- Nebreda A, Porras A. p38 MAP kinases: beyond the stress response. Trends Biochem Sci. 2000;25:257-60 pubmed
- Spana E, Perrimon N. The latest in signal transduction, 1999. Specificity in Signal Transduction, Keystone, Colorado, USA, 9-14 April 1999. Trends Genet. 1999;15:301-2 pubmed
- Sekine Y, Hatanaka R, Watanabe T, Sono N, Iemura S, Natsume T, et al. The Kelch repeat protein KLHDC10 regulates oxidative stress-induced ASK1 activation by suppressing PP5. Mol Cell. 2012;48:692-704 pubmed publisher..kinase 1 (ASK1) plays crucial roles in oxidative stress-mediated cell death through the activation of the JNK and p38 MAPK pathways. However, the regulatory mechanism of ASK1 in the oxidative stress response remains to be elucidated...
- Park J, Al Ramahi I, Tan Q, Mollema N, Diaz Garcia J, Gallego Flores T, et al. RAS-MAPK-MSK1 pathway modulates ataxin 1 protein levels and toxicity in SCA1. Nature. 2013;498:325-331 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data reveal new therapeutic entry points for SCA1 and provide a proof-of-principle for tackling other classes of intractable neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Peretz G, Bakhrat A, Abdu U. Expression of the Drosophila melanogaster GADD45 homolog (CG11086) affects egg asymmetric development that is mediated by the c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathway. Genetics. 2007;177:1691-702 pubmed..Since mammalian GADD45 proteins are activators of the c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK)/p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathways, we tested for a genetic interaction in D. melanogaster...
- Guichard A, Park J, Cruz Moreno B, Karin M, Bier E. Anthrax lethal factor and edema factor act on conserved targets in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:3244-9 pubmed..We found that LF similarly cleaves the Drosophila MAPK kinases Hemipterous (Hep) and Licorne in vitro...
- El Chamy L, Matt N, Ntwasa M, Reichhart J. The multilayered innate immune defense of the gut. Biomed J. 2015;38:276-84 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, the Drosophila gut innate immune response is tightly regulated to maintain the endogenous microbiota, while preventing infections by pathogenic microorganisms. ..
- Paricio N, Feiguin F, Boutros M, Eaton S, Mlodzik M. The Drosophila STE20-like kinase misshapen is required downstream of the Frizzled receptor in planar polarity signaling. EMBO J. 1999;18:4669-78 pubmed..To address the nature of this redundancy, we provide evidence for an involvement of the related MAP kinases of the p38 subfamily in planar polarity signaling downstream of Msn.
- Gonda R, Garlena R, Stronach B. Drosophila heat shock response requires the JNK pathway and phosphorylation of mixed lineage kinase at a conserved serine-proline motif. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42369 pubmed publisher..In particular, PXAP expression resulted in sensitivity of adults to sustained heat shock, like p38 and JNK pathway mutants. In contrast, PXEP overexpression conferred some resistance...
- SantabÃ¡rbara Ruiz P, LÃ³pez SantillÃ¡n M, MartÃnez RodrÃguez I, Binagui Casas A, PÃ©rez L, MilÃ¡n M, et al. ROS-Induced JNK and p38 Signaling Is Required for Unpaired Cytokine Activation during Drosophila Regeneration. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005595 pubmed publisher..Propagated ROS activate p38 and induce tolerable levels of JNK...
- Roman G, Davis R. Molecular biology and anatomy of Drosophila olfactory associative learning. Bioessays. 2001;23:571-81 pubmed..In this review, we discuss the nature of the behavioral tasks, the molecules, and the neuronal circuits involved in olfactory learning in Drosophila. ..
- Haddrill P, Thornton K, Charlesworth B, Andolfatto P. Multilocus patterns of nucleotide variability and the demographic and selection history of Drosophila melanogaster populations. Genome Res. 2005;15:790-9 pubmed..Demographic departures from equilibrium expectations in both ancestral and derived populations thus represent a serious challenge to detecting positive selection in genome-wide scans using current methodologies. ..
- Gómez J, Wang Y, Riechmann V. Tao controls epithelial morphogenesis by promoting Fasciclin 2 endocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:1131-43 pubmed publisher..In wild-type cells, Tao initiated morphogenesis by promoting Fasciclin 2 endocytosis at the lateral membrane. Thus, we identify here a mechanism controlling the morphogenesis of a squamous epithelium. ..
- Suzanne M, Perrimon N, Noselli S. The Drosophila JNK pathway controls the morphogenesis of the egg dorsal appendages and micropyle. Dev Biol. 2001;237:282-94 pubmed..The role of the JNK pathway in the morphogenesis of follicle cells and other epithelia during development is discussed. ..
- Suganuma T, Mushegian A, Swanson S, Abmayr S, Florens L, Washburn M, et al. The ATAC acetyltransferase complex coordinates MAP kinases to regulate JNK target genes. Cell. 2010;142:726-36 pubmed publisher..Thus, ATAC governs the transcriptional response to MAP kinase signaling by serving as both a coactivator of transcription and as a suppressor of upstream signaling. ..