Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lamp1
Alias: CG3305, Dmel\CG3305, LAMP, LAMP1, Lamp, Lamp-1, dLAMP, dLamp, lamp1, Lamp1, CG3305-PA, Lamp1-PA, lysosomal-associated membrane protein 1, lysosome-associated membrane protein
Species: fruit fly
- Parchure A, Vyas N, Ferguson C, Parton R, Mayor S. Oligomerization and endocytosis of Hedgehog is necessary for its efficient exovesicular secretion. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:4700-17 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that nanoscale organization of Hh regulates the secretion of Hh on ESCRT-derived exovesicles, which in turn act as a vehicle for long-range signaling. ..
- Gomez Lamarca M, Snowdon L, Seib E, Klein T, Bray S. Rme-8 depletion perturbs Notch recycling and predisposes to pathogenic signaling. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:303-18 pubmed publisher..Together, these results highlight the importance of Rme-8 in coordinating normal endocytic recycling route and reveal that its absence predisposes toward conditions in which pathological Notch signaling can occur. ..
- Han C, Song Y, Xiao H, Wang D, Franc N, Jan L, et al. Epidermal cells are the primary phagocytes in the fragmentation and clearance of degenerating dendrites in Drosophila. Neuron. 2014;81:544-560 pubmed publisher..Our finding reveals the physiological importance of coordination between neurons and their surrounding epidermis, for both dendrite fragmentation and clearance. ..
- Lone M, Kungl T, Koper A, Bottenberg W, KAMMERER R, Klein M, et al. The nuclear protein Waharan is required for endosomal-lysosomal trafficking in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2369-74 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests the existence of a relationship between nuclear functions and endolysosomal trafficking. Future studies of Wah function will give us insights into this interesting phenomenon. ..
- Buchon N, Broderick N, Kuraishi T, Lemaitre B. Drosophila EGFR pathway coordinates stem cell proliferation and gut remodeling following infection. BMC Biol. 2010;8:152 pubmed publisher..We show that one signaling pathway, the EGFR pathway, is central to all these stages, and its activation at multiple steps could synchronize the complex cellular events leading to gut repair and homeostasis. ..
- Peltan A, Briggs L, Matthews G, Sweeney S, Smith D. Identification of Drosophila gene products required for phagocytosis of Leishmania donovani. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51831 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that this experimental approach has the potential to identify a large number of host effectors required for efficient parasite uptake and maintenance. ..
- Tuxworth R, Vivancos V, O Hare M, Tear G. Interactions between the juvenile Batten disease gene, CLN3, and the Notch and JNK signalling pathways. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:667-78 pubmed publisher..We have identified previously unknown interactions between CLN3 and the Notch and Jun N-terminal kinase signalling pathways and have uncovered a potential role for the RNA splicing and localization machinery in regulating CLN3 function. ..
- Vaccari T, Duchi S, Cortese K, Tacchetti C, Bilder D. The vacuolar ATPase is required for physiological as well as pathological activation of the Notch receptor. Development. 2010;137:1825-32 pubmed publisher..The results also suggest that the ionic properties of the endosomal lumen might regulate Notch cleavage, providing a rationale for physiological as well as pathological endocytic control of Notch activity. ..
- TakÃ¡ts S, Pircs K, Nagy P, Varga Ã, KÃ¡rpÃ¡ti M, HegedÅ±s K, et al. Interaction of the HOPS complex with Syntaxin 17 mediates autophagosome clearance in Drosophila. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1338-54 pubmed publisher..Our results establish the role of HOPS and its likely mechanism of action during autophagy in metazoans. ..
- Dodson M, Leung L, Lone M, Lizzio M, Guo M. Novel ethyl methanesulfonate (EMS)-induced null alleles of the Drosophila homolog of LRRK2 reveal a crucial role in endolysosomal functions and autophagy in vivo. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:1351-63 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data provides compelling evidence of a vital role for lrrk in lysosomal function and endolysosomal membrane transport in vivo, and suggests a link between lrrk and retromer-mediated endosomal recycling. ..
- Fang X, Zhou J, Liu W, Duan X, Gala U, Sandoval H, et al. Dynamin Regulates Autophagy by Modulating Lysosomal Function. J Genet Genomics. 2016;43:77-86 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide evidence that dynamin also regulates autophagy indirectly by regulating lysosomal function. ..
- Feng X, Huang Y, Lu Y, Xiong J, Wong C, Yang P, et al. Drosophila TRPML forms PI(3,5)P2-activated cation channels in both endolysosomes and plasma membrane. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:4262-72 pubmed publisher..These features resemble more closely to mammalian TRPML1 than TRPML2 and TRPML3, but with some obvious differences. Together, our data support the use of Drosophila for assessing functional significance of TRPML1 in cell physiology. ..