Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ku80
Alias: BG:DS09217.6, CG18801, DmKu80, Dmel\CG18801, KU80, ku80, Ku80, CG18801-PA, Ku80-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Boutanaev A, Mikhaylova L, Nurminsky D. Up-regulation of the Ku heterodimer in Drosophila testicular cyst cells. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:1707-15 pubmed..Abundance of Ku in the cyst cell cytoplasm suggests the role for Ku subunits in the regulation of sperm individualization. ..
- Zhang Y, Lin N, Carroll P, Chan G, Guan B, Xiao H, et al. Epigenetic blocking of an enhancer region controls irradiation-induced proapoptotic gene expression in Drosophila embryos. Dev Cell. 2008;14:481-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, direct epigenetic regulation of two proapoptotic genes controls cellular sensitivity to cytotoxic stimuli. ..
- Chiolo I, Minoda A, Colmenares S, Polyzos A, Costes S, Karpen G. Double-strand breaks in heterochromatin move outside of a dynamic HP1a domain to complete recombinational repair. Cell. 2011;144:732-44 pubmed publisher..We propose that the spatial and temporal control of DSB repair in heterochromatin safeguards genome stability by preventing aberrant exchanges between repeats. ..
- Zhang C, Hong Z, Ma W, Ma D, Qian Y, Xie W, et al. Drosophila UTX coordinates with p53 to regulate ku80 expression in response to DNA damage. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78652 pubmed publisher..an additional essential role of UTX in the DNA damage response, in which it upregulates the expression of ku80 in Drosophila, both in cultured cells and in third instar larvae...
- Melnikova L, Biessmann H, Georgiev P. The Ku protein complex is involved in length regulation of Drosophila telomeres. Genetics. 2005;170:221-35 pubmed..Here we show that a decrease in Ku70 or Ku80 gene dosage causes a sharp increase in the frequency of HeT-A and TART attachments to a broken chromosome end and ..