Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: krimp
Alias: CG15707, Dmel\CG15707, KRIMP, Krimp, mtc, krimper, CG15707-PA, krimp-PA, montecristo
Species: fruit fly
- Kolaczkowski B, Hupalo D, Kern A. Recurrent adaptation in RNA interference genes across the Drosophila phylogeny. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:1033-42 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest a predictive model of how selective pressures generated by evolutionary arms race scenarios may affect multiple genes across protein interaction networks and other biochemical pathways. ..
- Nagao A, Mituyama T, Huang H, Chen D, Siomi M, Siomi H. Biogenesis pathways of piRNAs loaded onto AGO3 in the Drosophila testis. RNA. 2010;16:2503-15 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the impacts of armi mutants on the operation of the piRNA pathway are variable in germ cells of fly testes. ..
- Lim A, Kai T. Unique germ-line organelle, nuage, functions to repress selfish genetic elements in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:6714-9 pubmed..Here, we report a nuage component, Krimper (KRIMP), in Drosophila melanogaster and show that it ensures the repression of the selfish genetic elements in ..
- Simkin A, Wong A, Poh Y, Theurkauf W, Jensen J. Recurrent and recent selective sweeps in the piRNA pathway. Evolution. 2013;67:1081-90 pubmed publisher..variety of molecular evolutionary and population genetic approaches, we find that the piRNA pathway genes rhino, krimper, and aubergine show patterns suggestive of extensive recurrent positive selection across Drosophila species...
- Vagin V, Yu Y, Jankowska A, Luo Y, Wasik K, Malone C, et al. Minotaur is critical for primary piRNA biogenesis. RNA. 2013;19:1064-77 pubmed publisher..We have named this new biogenesis factor Minotaur. ..
- Sato K, Iwasaki Y, Shibuya A, Carninci P, Tsuchizawa Y, Ishizu H, et al. Krimper Enforces an Antisense Bias on piRNA Pools by Binding AGO3 in the Drosophila Germline. Mol Cell. 2015;59:553-63 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Krimper (Krimp), a Tudor-domain protein, directly interacts with piRNA-free AGO3 to promote symmetrical dimethylarginine (..
- Anne J. Targeting and anchoring Tudor in the pole plasm of the Drosophila oocyte. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14362 pubmed publisher..However, in mutants for genes encoding components of the nuage, including vasa, aubergine, maelstrom, and krimper, Tudor was detached from the posterior cortex in stage 10 oocytes, suggesting a prior passage in the nuage for ..
- Liu J, Ghanim M, Xue L, Brown C, Iossifov I, Angeletti C, et al. Analysis of Drosophila segmentation network identifies a JNK pathway factor overexpressed in kidney cancer. Science. 2009;323:1218-22 pubmed publisher..SPOP expression distinguished histological subtypes of RCC and facilitated identification of clear cell RCC as the primary tumor for metastatic lesions. ..
- Sato K, Iwasaki Y, Siomi H, Siomi M. Tudor-domain containing proteins act to make the piRNA pathways more robust in Drosophila. Fly (Austin). 2015;9:86-90 pubmed publisher..Recent studies show that two Tudor-domain containing piRNA factors, Krimper (Krimp) and Qin/Kumo, play crucial roles in making Aub-AGO3 heterotypic ping-pong robust...
- Wang S, Hsu H, Lin G, Wang T, Chang C, Lin M. Germ plasm localisation of the HELICc of Vasa in Drosophila: analysis of domain sufficiency and amino acids critical for localisation. Sci Rep. 2015;5:14703 pubmed publisher..This suggests that Gln527 is a direct target of Osk or critical to the maintenance of HELICc conformation. ..
- Webster A, Li S, Hur J, Wachsmuth M, Bois J, Perkins E, et al. Aub and Ago3 Are Recruited to Nuage through Two Mechanisms to Form a Ping-Pong Complex Assembled by Krimper. Mol Cell. 2015;59:564-75 pubmed publisher..Ago3 is recruited to nuage independently of a piRNA cargo and relies on interaction with Krimper, a stable component of nuage that is able to aggregate in the absence of other nuage proteins...
- Patil V, Anand A, Chakrabarti A, Kai T. The Tudor domain protein Tapas, a homolog of the vertebrate Tdrd7, functions in the piRNA pathway to regulate retrotransposons in germline of Drosophila melanogaster. BMC Biol. 2014;12:61 pubmed publisher..tej and tap also function in a synergistic manner to maintain examined piRNA components at the perinuclear nuage and for piRNA production in Drosophila germline cells. ..
- Nagao A, Sato K, Nishida K, Siomi H, Siomi M. Gender-Specific Hierarchy in Nuage Localization of PIWI-Interacting RNA Factors in Drosophila. Front Genet. 2011;2:55 pubmed publisher..from piRNA factor mutants that the molecular hierarchy of piRNA factors shows gender-specificity, especially for Krimper (Krimp), a Tudor-domain-containing protein of unknown function(s): Krimp is dispensable for PIWI protein ..
- Kelleher E, Edelman N, Barbash D. Drosophila interspecific hybrids phenocopy piRNA-pathway mutants. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001428 pubmed publisher..We suggest that TE derepression in interspecific hybrids largely reflects adaptive divergence of piRNA pathway genes rather than species-specific differences in TE-derived piRNAs. ..
- Huang H, Li Y, Szulwach K, Zhang G, Jin P, Chen D. AGO3 Slicer activity regulates mitochondria-nuage localization of Armitage and piRNA amplification. J Cell Biol. 2014;206:217-30 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings uncover a new mechanism that couples mitochondria with nuage to regulate secondary piRNA amplification. ..
- Ishizu H, Iwasaki Y, Hirakata S, Ozaki H, Iwasaki W, Siomi H, et al. Somatic Primary piRNA Biogenesis Driven by cis-Acting RNA Elements and trans-Acting Yb. Cell Rep. 2015;12:429-40 pubmed publisher..We thus propose that Yb determines primary piRNA sources through two modes of action: primary binding to cis elements to specify substrates and secondary binding to downstream regions to increase diversity in piRNA populations. ..
- Kibanov M, Gvozdev V, Olenina L. Germ granules in spermatogenesis of Drosophila: Evidences of contribution to the piRNA silencing. Commun Integr Biol. 2012;5:130-3 pubmed publisher..In this mini-review, we analyze the recent published data about structure and functions of Drosophila male germ granules, and especially their involvement in the piRNA silencing pathway. ..
- Molla Herman A, VallÃ©s A, Ganem Elbaz C, Antoniewski C, Huynh J. tRNA processing defects induce replication stress and Chk2-dependent disruption of piRNA transcription. EMBO J. 2015;34:3009-27 pubmed publisher..Our data thus link tRNA processing, DNA replication, and genome defense by small RNAs. This unexpected connection reveals constraints that could shape genome organization during evolution. ..
- Barbosa V, Kimm N, Lehmann R. A maternal screen for genes regulating Drosophila oocyte polarity uncovers new steps in meiotic progression. Genetics. 2007;176:1967-77 pubmed..heavy chain, the SR protein kinase cuaba, the cohesin-related gene dPds5/cohiba, and the Tudor-domain gene montecristo. Our findings challenge the hypothesis that checkpoint activation upon persistent DSBs is exclusively mediated ..
- Pek J, Kai T. Non-coding RNAs enter mitosis: functions, conservation and implications. Cell Div. 2011;6:6 pubmed publisher..We also highlight relevant studies implicating mitotic roles for RNAs and/or nuage in other model systems and their implications for cancer development. ..