Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: koi
Alias: BEST:LD11166, CG18584, CG3287, CG44154, Dmel\CG44154, Dmel_CG18584, Dmel_CG3287, Koi, n(2)09967, klaroid, CG44154-PA, CG44154-PB, CG44154-PC, CG44154-PD, CG44154-PE, CG44154-PF, koi-PA, koi-PB, koi-PC, koi-PD, koi-PE, koi-PF
Species: fruit fly
- Christophorou N, Rubin T, Bonnet I, Piolot T, Arnaud M, Huynh J. Microtubule-driven nuclear rotations promote meiotic chromosome dynamics. Nat Cell Biol. 2015;17:1388-400 pubmed publisher..We further found that Klaroid (SUN) and Klarsicht (KASH) co-localize with centromeres at the nuclear envelope and are required for proper ..
- Starr D, Han M. ANChors away: an actin based mechanism of nuclear positioning. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:211-6 pubmed..Syne/ANC-1 anchors nuclei by directly tethering the nuclear envelope to the actin cytoskeleton, and UNC-84/SUN functions at the nuclear envelope to recruit Syne/ANC-1. ..
- Commisso C, Boulianne G. The neuralized homology repeat 1 domain of Drosophila neuralized mediates nuclear envelope association and delta-dependent inhibition of nuclear import. J Mol Biol. 2008;375:1125-40 pubmed..Altogether, our data demonstrate that Neur localizes to the nuclear envelope and that this localization can be negatively regulated by Dl, suggesting a possible nuclear function for Neur in Drosophila. ..
- Hampoelz B, Azou Gros Y, Fabre R, Markova O, Puech P, Lecuit T. Microtubule-induced nuclear envelope fluctuations control chromatin dynamics in Drosophila embryos. Development. 2011;138:3377-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, the NE is a dynamic organelle, fluctuations of which increase chromatin dynamics. We propose that such mechanical regulation of chromatin dynamics by MTs might be important for gene regulation...
- Dialynas G, Flannery K, Zirbel L, Nagy P, Mathews K, Moore S, et al. LMNA variants cause cytoplasmic distribution of nuclear pore proteins in Drosophila and human muscle. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:1544-56 pubmed publisher..of larval body wall muscle revealed that the mutant A-type lamin, B-type lamins, the Sad1p, UNC-84 domain protein Klaroid and nuclear pore complex proteins were mislocalized to the cytoplasm...
- Wesolowska N, Amariei F, Rong Y. Clustering and protein dynamics of Drosophila melanogaster telomeres. Genetics. 2013;195:381-91 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that clustering is independent of sequence and is likely maintained by an as yet undetermined factor. ..