Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kmn1
Description: kinetochore Mis12-Ndc80 network component 1
Alias: CG1558, CT4038, Dmel\CG1558, Nsl1, anon-WO03040301.201, dmNsl1R, l(1)G0237, nsl1, kinetochore Mis12-Ndc80 network component 1, CG1558-PA, CG1558-PB, Kmn1-PA, Kmn1-PB, Nsl1-related protein, l(1)G0237, lethal (1) G0237
Species: fruit fly
- Venkei Z, Przewloka M, Ladak Y, Albadri S, Sossick A, Juhasz G, et al. Spatiotemporal dynamics of Spc105 regulates the assembly of the Drosophila kinetochore. Open Biol. 2012;2:110032 pubmed publisher..Our study thus indicates that physical accessibility of kinetochore components plays a crucial role in the regulation of Drosophila kinetochore assembly and leads us to a model in which Spc105 is a licensing factor for its onset. ..
- Morais da Silva S, Moutinho Santos T, Sunkel C. A tumor suppressor role of the Bub3 spindle checkpoint protein after apoptosis inhibition. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:385-93 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Bub3 has a nonkinetochore-dependent function that is consistent with its role as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Mateo L, Ullastres A, GonzÃ¡lez J. A transposable element insertion confers xenobiotic resistance in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004560 pubmed publisher..We showed that other than being incorporated into Kmn1 transcript, FBti0019627 insertion also affects the polyadenylation signal choice of CG11699 gene...
- Lipinszki Z, Lefevre S, Savoian M, Singleton M, Glover D, Przewloka M. Centromeric binding and activity of Protein Phosphatase 4. Nat Commun. 2015;6:5894 pubmed publisher..We also show that binding of Flfl to CENP-C is required to bring PP4 activity to centromeres to maintain CENP-C and attached core kinetochore proteins at chromosomes during mitosis. ..
- Richter M, Poznanski J, Zdziarska A, Czarnocki Cieciura M, Lipinszki Z, Dadlez M, et al. Network of protein interactions within the Drosophila inner kinetochore. Open Biol. 2016;6:150238 pubmed publisher..Adjacent to these interacting CCs is a carboxy-terminal domain that also interacts with Nsl1. The amino-terminal parts of Mis12 and Nnf1 form a CENP-C-binding surface, which docks the complex and thus the ..
- Liu Y, Petrovic A, Rombaut P, Mosalaganti S, Keller J, Raunser S, et al. Insights from the reconstitution of the divergent outer kinetochore of Drosophila melanogaster. Open Biol. 2016;6:150236 pubmed publisher..Our studies shed light on the structural and functional organization of a highly divergent kinetochore particle. ..
- Clemente Ruiz M, Muzzopappa M, Milan M. Tumor suppressor roles of CENP-E and Nsl1 in Drosophila epithelial tissues. Cell Cycle. 2014;13:1450-5 pubmed publisher..Here we re-examined this proposal. In contrast to the previous report, we observed that depletion of CENP-E or Nsl1-the latter mediating kinetochore targeting of Bub3-in epithelial tissues unable to activate the apoptotic program ..