Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Klp10A
Description: Kinesin-like protein at 10A
Alias: CG1453, DmCG1453, DmKLP10A, DmKlp10A, Dmel\CG1453, KIF 2A, KIF2A/B/C, KLP10A, KLP10a, Kif2A, anon-WO03040301.142, klp10A, Kinesin-like protein at 10A, CG1453-PA, CG1453-PB, CG1453-PC, CG1453-PD, CG1453-PE, CG1453-PF, Kinesin13B, Klp10A-PA, Klp10A-PB, Klp10A-PC, Klp10A-PD, Klp10A-PE, Klp10A-PF, kinesin-13, kinesin-13 motor, kinesin-like protein 10A, kinesin-like protein at 10A
Species: fruit fly
- Maiato H, Khodjakov A, Rieder C. Drosophila CLASP is required for the incorporation of microtubule subunits into fluxing kinetochore fibres. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:42-7 pubmed
- Goodwin S, Vale R. Patronin regulates the microtubule network by protecting microtubule minus ends. Cell. 2010;143:263-74 pubmed publisher..We propose that Patronin caps and stabilizes microtubule minus ends, an activity that serves a critical role in the organization of the microtubule cytoskeleton. ..
- Buster D, Zhang D, Sharp D. Poleward tubulin flux in spindles: regulation and function in mitotic cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3094-104 pubmed
- Goshima G, Vale R. Cell cycle-dependent dynamics and regulation of mitotic kinesins in Drosophila S2 cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3896-907 pubmed..The actions of microtubule-destabilizing kinesins (class 8 and 13 [Klp10A]) seem to be controlled by cell cycle-dependent changes in their localizations...
- Rath U, Rogers G, Tan D, Gomez Ferreria M, Buster D, Sosa H, et al. The Drosophila kinesin-13, KLP59D, impacts Pacman- and Flux-based chromosome movement. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4696-705 pubmed publisher..plus ends during anaphase, but influences minus ends indirectly by localizing the pole-associated MT depolymerase KLP10A. Finally, electron microscopy indicates that, unlike the other Drosophila kinesin-13s, KLP59D is largely incapable ..
- Tan D, Rice W, Sosa H. Structure of the kinesin13-microtubule ring complex. Structure. 2008;16:1732-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, a tubulin-binding site on the kinesin13 MD was identified. Mutations at this class-conserved site selectively disrupt the formation of microtubule-associated ring complexes. ..
- Laycock J, Savoian M, Glover D. Antagonistic activities of Klp10A and Orbit regulate spindle length, bipolarity and function in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2354-61 pubmed..the relationship between Orbit and the four predicted kinesin-type depolymerases encoded by the Drosophila genome (Klp10A, Klp59C, Klp59D and Klp67A)...
- Civelekoglu Scholey G, Sharp D, Mogilner A, Scholey J. Model of chromosome motility in Drosophila embryos: adaptation of a general mechanism for rapid mitosis. Biophys J. 2006;90:3966-82 pubmed
- Mennella V, Tan D, Buster D, Asenjo A, Rath U, Ma A, et al. Motor domain phosphorylation and regulation of the Drosophila kinesin 13, KLP10A. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:481-90 pubmed publisher..In this study, we show that the Drosophila melanogaster kinesin 13, KLP10A, is phosphorylated in vivo at a conserved serine (S573) positioned within the alpha-helix 5 of the motor ..
- Moriwaki T, Goshima G. Five factors can reconstitute all three phases of microtubule polymerization dynamics. J Cell Biol. 2016;215:357-368 pubmed..by mixing tubulin with five Drosophila melanogaster proteins (EB1, XMAP215Msps, Sentin, kinesin-13Klp10A, and CLASPMast/Orbit)...
- Nashchekin D, Fernandes A, St Johnston D. Patronin/Shot Cortical Foci Assemble the Noncentrosomal Microtubule Array that Specifies the Drosophila Anterior-Posterior Axis. Dev Cell. 2016;38:61-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, Shot/Patronin ncMTOCs may provide a general mechanism for organizing noncentrosomal microtubules in differentiated cells. ..
- Zhang D, Asenjo A, Greenbaum M, Xie L, Sharp D, Sosa H. A second tubulin binding site on the kinesin-13 motor head domain is important during mitosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73075 pubmed publisher..and in-vivo effects of mutating Kin-Tub-2 family conserved residues on the Drosophila melanogaster kinesin-13, KLP10A. We show that the Kin-Tub-2 site enhances tubulin cross-linking and MT bundling properties of KLP10A in-vitro...
- Wang H, Brust Mascher I, Civelekoglu Scholey G, Scholey J. Patronin mediates a switch from kinesin-13-dependent poleward flux to anaphase B spindle elongation. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:35-46 pubmed publisher..anaphase B is induced by the minus end-stabilizing protein patronin, which antagonizes the kinesin-13 depolymerase KLP10A at spindle poles, thereby switching off the depolymerization of the minus ends of outwardly sliding ipMTs to ..
- BougÃ© A, Parmentier M. Tau excess impairs mitosis and kinesin-5 function, leading to aneuploidy and cell death. Dis Model Mech. 2016;9:307-19 pubmed publisher..By demonstrating that MT-bound Tau inhibits the Eg5 kinesin and cell mitosis, our work provides a new framework to consider the role of Tau in neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Sharp D, Rogers G. A Kin I-dependent Pacman-flux mechanism for anaphase A. Cell Cycle. 2004;3:707-10 pubmed..This is driven by two members of the Kin I subfamily of kinesins, termed KLP59C and KLP10A, which target specifically to chromatids and spindle poles, respectively...
- Gottardo M, Callaini G, Riparbelli M. The cilium-like region of the Drosophila spermatocyte: an emerging flagellum?. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5441-52 pubmed publisher..The structural similarities between CLR and sperm axoneme suggest that the CLR can be considered as the basal region of the future axoneme and could represent the start point for its elongation. ..
- Matos I, Pereira A, Lince Faria M, Cameron L, Salmon E, Maiato H. Synchronizing chromosome segregation by flux-dependent force equalization at kinetochores. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:11-26 pubmed publisher..We propose that flux-dependent equalization of kinetochore tensions ensures a timely and uniform maturation of kinetochore-microtubule interfaces necessary for error-free and coordinated segregation of chromosomes in anaphase. ..
- Sharp D, Mennella V, Buster D. KLP10A and KLP59C: the dynamic duo of microtubule depolymerization. Cell Cycle. 2005;4:1482-5 pubmed..Our findings have revealed remarkable coordination between two family members, KLP10A and KLP59C, in which alterations in the relative targeting of these proteins allows them to participate in ..
- Bitan A, Rosenbaum I, Abdu U. Stable and dynamic microtubules coordinately determine and maintain Drosophila bristle shape. Development. 2012;139:1987-96 pubmed publisher..Manipulating MT dynamics by Klp10A downregulation demonstrates that MTs can initiate new shaft extensions and thus possess the ability to determine ..
- Walczak C. CLASP fluxes its mitotic muscles. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:5-7 pubmed
- Heald R. Cell division: burning the spindle at both ends. Nature. 2004;427:300-1 pubmed
- Radford S, Harrison A, McKim K. Microtubule-depolymerizing kinesin KLP10A restricts the length of the acentrosomal meiotic spindle in Drosophila females. Genetics. 2012;192:431-40 pubmed publisher..We show here that a member of an important class of microtubule-depolymerizing kinesins, KLP10A, is required for the proper organization of the acentrosomal meiotic spindle in Drosophila melanogaster oocytes...
- Do K, Hoàng K, Endow S. The kinesin-13 KLP10A motor regulates oocyte spindle length and affects EB1 binding without altering microtubule growth rates. Biol Open. 2014;3:561-70 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Drosophila kinesin-13 klp10A regulates oocyte meiosis I spindle length and is haplo-insufficient - KLP10A, reduced by RNAi or a loss-of-..
- Odde D. Mitotic spindle: disturbing a subtle balance. Curr Biol. 2005;15:R956-9 pubmed
- Franz A, Roque H, Saurya S, Dobbelaere J, Raff J. CP110 exhibits novel regulatory activities during centriole assembly in Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:785-99 pubmed publisher..Finally, and unexpectedly, CP110 suppresses centriole overduplication induced by the overexpression of centriole duplication proteins. These studies identify novel and surprising functions for CP110 in vivo in flies. ..
- Moutinho Pereira S, Debec A, Maiato H. Microtubule cytoskeleton remodeling by acentriolar microtubule-organizing centers at the entry and exit from mitosis in Drosophila somatic cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2796-808 pubmed publisher..CDK1 down-regulation at anaphase coordinates the activity of Msps/XMAP215 and the kinesin-13 KLP10A to favor net MT growth and stability from aMTOCs...
- Chatterjee C, Benoit M, Depaoli V, Diaz Valencia J, Asenjo A, Gerfen G, et al. Distinct Interaction Modes of the Kinesin-13 Motor Domain with the Microtubule. Biophys J. 2016;110:1593-1604 pubmed publisher..polarization microscopy to analyze the behavior and conformation of Drosophila melanogaster kinesin-13 KLP10A protein constructs bound to the MT lattice...
- Nagaraj R, Adler P. Dusky-like functions as a Rab11 effector for the deposition of cuticle during Drosophila bristle development. Development. 2012;139:906-16 pubmed publisher..Our studies also implicate the exocyst as a Rab11 effector in this process and that Rab11 trafficking along the bristle shaft is mediated by microtubules. ..
- Afonso O, Matos I, Pereira A, Aguiar P, Lampson M, Maiato H. Feedback control of chromosome separation by a midzone Aurora B gradient. Science. 2014;345:332-336 pubmed publisher..This allows the correction and reintegration of lagging chromosomes in the main nuclei before completion of NER...
- Amoyel M, Bach E. MT-Nanotubes: Lifelines for Stem Cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2015;17:133-4 pubmed publisher..Inaba et al. (2015) report that microtubule (MT) structures called MT-nanotubes control activation of the primary self-renewal pathway in Drosophila testes. ..
- Gottardo M, Callaini G, Riparbelli M. Klp10A modulates the localization of centriole-associated proteins during Drosophila male gametogenesis. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:3432-3441 pubmed publisherMutations in Klp10A, a microtubule-depolymerising Kinesin-13, lead to overly long centrioles in Drosophila male germ cells...
- Fernandez N, Chang Q, Buster D, Sharp D, Ma A. A model for the regulatory network controlling the dynamics of kinetochore microtubule plus-ends and poleward flux in metaphase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:7846-51 pubmed publisher..The model also provides a simple and robust physical mechanism through which the regulatory networks at kinetochore microtubule plus- and minus-ends could communicate. ..
- Chen C, Inaba M, Venkei Z, Yamashita Y. Klp10A, a stem cell centrosome-enriched kinesin, balances asymmetries in Drosophila male germline stem cell division. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Here we identify Klp10A, a microtubule-depolymerizing kinesin of the kinesin-13 family, as the first protein enriched in the stem cell ..
- Moussian B, Söding J, Schwarz H, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C. Retroactive, a membrane-anchored extracellular protein related to vertebrate snake neurotoxin-like proteins, is required for cuticle organization in the larva of Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:1056-63 pubmed..We propose that this binding function of Rtv may assist the organization of chitin fibers at the epidermal cell surface during cuticle assembly. ..
- Vale R, Spudich J, Griffis E. Dynamics of myosin, microtubules, and Kinesin-6 at the cortex during cytokinesis in Drosophila S2 cells. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:727-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggest models for how Kinesin-6 might define the position of cortical myosin during cytokinesis. ..
- Tan S, Lyulcheva E, Dean J, Bennett D. Mars promotes dTACC dephosphorylation on mitotic spindles to ensure spindle stability. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:27-33 pubmed publisher..A nonphosphorylatable form of dTACC is capable of rescuing the lethality of mars mutants. We propose that Mars mediates spatially controlled dephosphorylation of dTACC, which is critical for spindle stabilization. ..
- Derivery E, Seum C, Daeden A, LoubÃ©ry S, Holtzer L, JÃ¼licher F, et al. Polarized endosome dynamics by spindle asymmetry during asymmetric cell division. Nature. 2015;528:280-5 pubmed publisher..The microtubule depolymerizing kinesin Klp10A and its antagonist Patronin generate central spindle asymmetry...
- Shimada Y, Yonemura S, Ohkura H, Strutt D, Uemura T. Polarized transport of Frizzled along the planar microtubule arrays in Drosophila wing epithelium. Dev Cell. 2006;10:209-22 pubmed..Furthermore, there appeared to be a bias in the P-D MTs, with slightly more plus ends oriented distally. The hypothesis of polarized vesicular trafficking of Fz is discussed. ..
- Schimizzi G, Currie J, Rogers S. Expression levels of a kinesin-13 microtubule depolymerase modulates the effectiveness of anti-microtubule agents. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11381 pubmed publisher..and time-lapse video microscopy in Drosophila S2 cells to identify a specific MAP, kinesin-like protein 10A (KLP10A), that contributes to the efficacy of the anti-microtubule drug colchicine...
- Kim A, Endow S. A kinesin family tree. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 Pt 21:3681-2 pubmed
- Farzan S, Ascano M, Ogden S, Sanial M, Brigui A, Plessis A, et al. Costal2 functions as a kinesin-like protein in the hedgehog signal transduction pathway. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1215-20 pubmed publisher..Combined, these results demonstrate that Cos2 motility plays an important role in its function, regulating the amounts and activity of Ci that ultimately interpret the level of Hh to which cells are exposed. ..
- Widmann T, Dahmann C. Dpp signaling promotes the cuboidal-to-columnar shape transition of Drosophila wing disc epithelia by regulating Rho1. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:1362-73 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a cell-autonomous role for Dpp signaling in promoting and maintaining the elongated columnar shape of wing disc cells and suggest that Dpp signaling acts by regulating Rho1 and MRLC. ..
- Taniguchi K, Kokuryo A, Imano T, Minami R, Nakagoshi H, Adachi Yamada T. Isoform-specific functions of Mud/NuMA mediate binucleation of Drosophila male accessory gland cells. BMC Dev Biol. 2014;14:46 pubmed publisher..We also propose that Mud(S) is a key regulator triggering cytokinesis skipping in binucleation processes. ..
- Boltengagen M, Huang A, Boltengagen A, Trixl L, Lindner H, Kremser L, et al. A novel role for the histone acetyltransferase Hat1 in the CENP-A/CID assembly pathway in Drosophila melanogaster. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:2145-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results point toward intriguing analogies between the complex processing pathways of newly synthesized CENP-A and canonical histones. ..
- Williams B, Leung G, Maiato H, Wong A, Li Z, Williams E, et al. Mitch a rapidly evolving component of the Ndc80 kinetochore complex required for correct chromosome segregation in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3522-33 pubmed..Despite the crucial role of Mitch in cell division, the mitch gene has evolved very rapidly among species in the genus Drosophila. ..
- Rogers G, Rusan N, Peifer M, Rogers S. A multicomponent assembly pathway contributes to the formation of acentrosomal microtubule arrays in interphase Drosophila cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:3163-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results modify our view of the cycle of centrosome function and reveal a multi-component acentrosomal microtubule assembly pathway to establish interphase microtubule arrays in Drosophila. ..
- Harris T, Peifer M. aPKC controls microtubule organization to balance adherens junction symmetry and planar polarity during development. Dev Cell. 2007;12:727-38 pubmed..aPKC apparently regulates this balance. Without aPKC, abnormally strong microtubule interactions break AJ symmetry and epithelial structure is lost. ..
- Brittle A, Ohkura H. Mini spindles, the XMAP215 homologue, suppresses pausing of interphase microtubules in Drosophila. EMBO J. 2005;24:1387-96 pubmed..Our study provides the first direct evidence to support a hypothesis that this family of MAPs acts as an antipausing factor to exhibit both microtubule stabilising and destabilising activities. ..
- Dagenbach E, Endow S. A new kinesin tree. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:3-7 pubmed