Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kat60
Description: Katanin 60
Alias: CG10229, Dm-Kat60, DmCG10229, Dmel\CG10229, Katanin-60, kat60, katanin-60, katanin60-dm, katanin 60, CG10229-PA, CG10229-PB, Kat60-PA, Kat60-PB, Katanin-60, katanin
Species: fruit fly
- Mao C, Xiong Y, Xiong Z, Wang Q, Zhang Y, Jin S. Microtubule-severing protein Katanin regulates neuromuscular junction development and dendritic elaboration in Drosophila. Development. 2014;141:1064-74 pubmed publisher..Katanin consists of two subunits; the catalytic subunit katanin 60 contains an AAA (ATPases associated with a variety of cellular activities) domain and breaks MT fibers while ..
- Booth A, Blanchard G, Adams R, Röper K. A dynamic microtubule cytoskeleton directs medial actomyosin function during tube formation. Dev Cell. 2014;29:562-576 pubmed publisher..The medial actomyosin network interacts with the minus ends of acentrosomal microtubule bundles through the cytolinker protein Shot, and disruption of Shot also impairs apical constriction. ..
- Cuttell L, Vaughan A, Silva E, Escaron C, Lavine M, Van Goethem E, et al. Undertaker, a Drosophila Junctophilin, links Draper-mediated phagocytosis and calcium homeostasis. Cell. 2008;135:524-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results implicate a Junctophilin in phagocytosis and link Draper-mediated phagocytosis to Ca2+ homeostasis, highlighting a previously uncharacterized role for the CED1/6/7 pathway. ..
- Widmann T, Dahmann C. Dpp signaling promotes the cuboidal-to-columnar shape transition of Drosophila wing disc epithelia by regulating Rho1. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:1362-73 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a cell-autonomous role for Dpp signaling in promoting and maintaining the elongated columnar shape of wing disc cells and suggest that Dpp signaling acts by regulating Rho1 and MRLC. ..
- Grode K, Rogers S. The non-catalytic domains of Drosophila katanin regulate its abundance and microtubule-disassembly activity. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0123912 pubmed publisher..b>Katanin is a conserved heterodimeric ATPase that severs and disassembles microtubules, but the molecular determinants for ..