Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Jhe
Description: Juvenile hormone esterase
Alias: CG8425, DmJhe, Dmel\CG8425, JHE, jhe, juvenile hormone esterase, CG8425-PA, CG8425-PB, CG8425-PC, JH esterase, JH-esterase, Jhe-PA, Jhe-PB, Jhe-PC
Species: fruit fly
- Gruntenko N, Khlebodarova T, Sukhanova MJh -, Vasenkova I, Kaidanov L, Rauschenbach IYu -. Prolonged negative selection of Drosophila melanogaster for a character of adaptive significance disturbs stress reactivity. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 1999;29:445-52 pubmed..The role of juvenile hormone metabolism in male reproductive function is discussed. ..
- Oakeshott J, van Papenrecht E, Boyce T, Healy M, Russell R. Evolutionary genetics of Drosophila esterases. Genetica. 1993;90:239-68 pubmed..melanogaster. These polymorphisms are associated with differences in substrate interactions in vitro and demographic data indicate that the alternative forms are not selectively equivalent in vivo...
- Birner Gruenberger R, Bickmeyer I, Lange J, Hehlert P, Hermetter A, Kollroser M, et al. Functional fat body proteomics and gene targeting reveal in vivo functions of Drosophila melanogaster ?-Esterase-7. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;42:220-9 pubmed publisher..It also offers an entry point for in vivo structure-function analyses of ?-Esterase-7, which is of central importance for naturally occurring insecticide resistance in wild populations of various dipteran insect species. ..
- Walker V, Schreiber M, Purvis C, George J, Wyatt G, Bendena W. Yolk polypeptide gene expression in cultured Drosophila cells. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol. 1991;27A:121-7 pubmed..It is concluded that S3 cells may be useful for investigating the molecular basis of gene regulation by ecdysteroids, but conditions suitable for the analysis of JH action have not yet been established. ..
- Crone E, Sutherland T, Campbell P, Coppin C, Russell R, Oakeshott J. Only one esterase of Drosophila melanogaster is likely to degrade juvenile hormone in vivo. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;37:540-9 pubmedPreviously we identified juvenile hormone esterase (JHE) from Drosophila melanogaster by the criteria that it showed both appropriate developmental expression and kinetics for juvenile hormone (JH)...
- Kong E, Allouche L, Chapot P, Vranizan K, Moore M, Heberlein U, et al. Ethanol-regulated genes that contribute to ethanol sensitivity and rapid tolerance in Drosophila. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2010;34:302-16 pubmed publisher..Our findings implicate novel roles for these genes in regulating ethanol behavioral responses. ..
- De Loof A, Geysen J, Cardoen J, Verachtert B. Comparative developmental physiology and molecular cytology of the polytrophic ovarian follicles of the blowfly Sarcophaga bullata and the fruitfly Drosophila melanogaster. Comp Biochem Physiol A Comp Physiol. 1990;96:309-21 pubmed..8. Drosophila has the advantage of its well documented genetics while the larger species Sarcophaga is preferable for the study of (electro-) physiological and cell biological mechanisms. ..
- Khlebodarova T, Gruntenko N, Grenback L, Sukhanova M, Mazurov M, Rauschenbach I, et al. A comparative analysis of juvenile hormone metabolyzing enzymes in two species of Drosophila during development. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 1996;26:829-35 pubmed..of changes in the activities of enzymes degrading juvenile hormone (JH), epoxyde hydrolase (JHEH) and JH-esterase (JHE) was studied in two lines of Drosophila virilis (101 and 147) and in two lines of D...
- Kethidi D, Xi Z, Palli S. Developmental and hormonal regulation of juvenile hormone esterase gene in Drosophila melanogaster. J Insect Physiol. 2005;51:393-400 pubmed..chain reaction (qRT-PCR) was used to study developmental expression and hormonal regulation of the juvenile hormone esterase gene (DmJhe) in the fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster...
- Liu Z, Ho L, Bonning B. Localization of a Drosophila melanogaster homolog of the putative juvenile hormone esterase binding protein of Manduca sexta. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2007;37:155-63 pubmedA putative juvenile hormone esterase (JHE) binding protein, P29, was isolated from the tobacco hornworm Manduca sexta [J. Biol. Chem. 275(3), 1802-1806]. A homolog of P29 was identified in Drosophila melanogaster by sequence alignment...
- Wozniak M, Chu Y, Fang F, Xu Y, Riddiford L, Jones D, et al. Alternative farnesoid structures induce different conformational outcomes upon the Drosophila ortholog of the retinoid X receptor, ultraspiracle. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;34:1147-62 pubmed
- Jones G, Wozniak M, Chu Y, Dhar S, Jones D. Juvenile hormone III-dependent conformational changes of the nuclear receptor ultraspiracle. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2001;32:33-49 pubmed..The same DR12 element conferred enhanced transcriptional responsiveness of a transfected juvenile hormone esterase core promoter to treatment of transfected cells with JH III, but not to treatment with retinoic acid or ..
- Campbell P, Harcourt R, Crone E, Claudianos C, Hammock B, Russell R, et al. Identification of a juvenile hormone esterase gene by matching its peptide mass fingerprint with a sequence from the Drosophila genome project. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2001;31:513-20 pubmedb>Juvenile hormone esterase (JHE, EC 220.127.116.11) from whole Drosophila melanogaster prepupae has previously been purified by selective precipitations, isoelectric focussing and two column chromatography steps...
- Gruntenko N, Chentsova N, Andreenkova E, Bownes M, Segal D, Adonyeva N, et al. Stress response in a juvenile hormone-deficient Drosophila melanogaster mutant apterous56f. Insect Mol Biol. 2003;12:353-63 pubmed..Thus, the ap56f mutation causes dramatic changes in female, but not male, metabolism and fitness. ..
- Richard D, Gilbert L. Reversible juvenile hormone inhibition of ecdysteroid and juvenile hormone synthesis by the ring gland of Drosophila melanogaster. Experientia. 1991;47:1063-6 pubmed..These data indicating negative feedback are in agreement with the accepted dogma of endocrine gland regulation. ..
- Altaratz M, Applebaum S, Richard D, Gilbert L, Segal D. Regulation of juvenile hormone synthesis in wild-type and apterous mutant Drosophila. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1991;81:205-16 pubmed..Allatostatin production in the brain appears to be positively regulated by JHB3. Adult corpora allata from the mutants ap4 and ap56f synthesize very low levels of JH; additionally, brains of ap56f homozygotes lack allatostatic activity. ..
- Liu Z, Li X, Prasifka J, Jurenka R, Bonning B. Overexpression of Drosophila juvenile hormone esterase binding protein results in anti-JH effects and reduced pheromone abundance. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2008;156:164-72 pubmed publisher..of juvenile hormone (JH), which has wide ranging physiological effects in insects, is regulated in part by JH esterase (JHE)...
- Raushenbakh I, Khlebodarova T, Chentsova N, Gruntenko N, Grenbek L, Iantsen E, et al. [Genetic analysis of differences in metabolism of juvenile hormone in lines of Drosophila virilis resistant and sensitive to heat stress]. Genetika. 1995;31:193-200 pubmed..Females of both species respond to stress by a decrease in the activity of JH esterase. This decrease is realized through a decrease in the amount of protein...