Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Jhe
Description: Juvenile hormone esterase
Alias: CG8425, DmJhe, Dmel\CG8425, JHE, jhe, CG8425 gene product from transcript CG8425-RA, CG8425-PA, CG8425-PB, CG8425-PC, JH esterase, JH-esterase, Jhe-PA, Jhe-PB, Jhe-PC, juvenile hormone esterase
Species: fruit fly
- Metabolomic and Gene Expression Profiles Exhibit Modular Genetic and Dietary Structure Linking Metabolic Syndrome Phenotypes in DrosophilaStephanie Williams
Department of Genetics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27695
G3 (Bethesda) 5:2817-29. 2015....
- Functional fat body proteomics and gene targeting reveal in vivo functions of Drosophila melanogaster α-Esterase-7Ruth Birner-Gruenberger
Research Group Functional Proteomics, Institute of Pathology, and Proteomics Core Facility, Center of Medical Research, Medical University of Graz, Stiftingtalstrasse 24, 8010 Graz, Austria
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 42:220-9. 2012..It also offers an entry point for in vivo structure-function analyses of α-Esterase-7, which is of central importance for naturally occurring insecticide resistance in wild populations of various dipteran insect species...
- Chronic hypoxia impairs muscle function in the Drosophila model of Duchenne's muscular dystrophy (DMD)Matias Mosqueira
Department of Physiology and Pennsylvania Muscle Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13450. 2010..We hypothesize that targeting/correcting the disparate molecular response(s) to hypoxia may offer a novel therapeutic strategy in DMD...
- Activities of natural methyl farnesoids on pupariation and metamorphosis of Drosophila melanogasterGrace Jones
Department of Biology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, United States
J Insect Physiol 56:1456-64. 2010..b>JH esterase normally increases during the mid-late prepupal stage, presumably to clear endogenous methyl farnesoids...
- Overexpression of Drosophila juvenile hormone esterase binding protein results in anti-JH effects and reduced pheromone abundanceZhiyan Liu
Department of Entomology and Program in Genetics, 418 Science II, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 3222, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 156:164-72. 2008..of juvenile hormone (JH), which has wide ranging physiological effects in insects, is regulated in part by JH esterase (JHE)...
- Activation of transcription through the ligand-binding pocket of the orphan nuclear receptor ultraspiracleYong Xu
Molecular and Cellular Biology Section, Department of Biology, and Graduate Center for Toxicology, Chandler Medical Center, University of Kentucky Lexington, USA
Eur J Biochem 269:6026-36. 2002..The demonstration here of these functional capacities of USP in a transcriptional activation pathway has significant implications for current paradigms of USP action that do not include for USP a ligand-binding activity...
- Ethanol-regulated genes that contribute to ethanol sensitivity and rapid tolerance in DrosophilaEric C Kong
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, Emeryville, California, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 34:302-16. 2010..The molecular mechanisms underlying ethanol tolerance development are complex and are not yet well understood...
- Juvenile hormone acid O-methyltransferase in Drosophila melanogasterRyusuke Niwa
Initiative for the Promotion of Young Scientists Independent Research, Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8572, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 38:714-20. 2008....
- Potential ligands of DmP29, a putative juvenile hormone esterase binding protein of Drosophila melanogasterZhiyan Liu
Department of Entomology and Program in Genetics, Iowa State University, 418 Science II, Ames, IA 50011 3222, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 37:838-46. 2007We previously reported the identification of a putative juvenile hormone esterase (JHE) binding protein DmP29 in Drosophila melanogaster and its primary localization to the mitochondria [Liu, Z., Ho, L., Bonning, B.C., 2007...
- Only one esterase of Drosophila melanogaster is likely to degrade juvenile hormone in vivoErica J Crone
CSIRO Entomology, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 37:540-9. 2007Previously we identified juvenile hormone esterase (JHE) from Drosophila melanogaster by the criteria that it showed both appropriate developmental expression and kinetics for juvenile hormone (JH)...
- Localization of a Drosophila melanogaster homolog of the putative juvenile hormone esterase binding protein of Manduca sextaZhiyan Liu
Department of Entomology and Interdepartmental Program in Genetics, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 3222, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 37:155-63. 2007A putative juvenile hormone esterase (JHE) binding protein, P29, was isolated from the tobacco hornworm Manduca sexta [J. Biol. Chem. 275(3), 1802-1806]. A homolog of P29 was identified in Drosophila melanogaster by sequence alignment...
- Developmental and hormonal regulation of juvenile hormone esterase gene in Drosophila melanogasterDamu R Kethidi
Department of Entomology, College of Agriculture, University of Kentucky, Lexington, 40546, USA
J Insect Physiol 51:393-400. 2005..chain reaction (qRT-PCR) was used to study developmental expression and hormonal regulation of the juvenile hormone esterase gene (DmJhe) in the fruit fly, Drosophila melanogaster...
- Alternative farnesoid structures induce different conformational outcomes upon the Drosophila ortholog of the retinoid X receptor, ultraspiracleMietek Wozniak
Department of Biology, University of Kentucky, 304 Morgan Building, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 34:1147-62. 2004....
- Stress response in a juvenile hormone-deficient Drosophila melanogaster mutant apterous56fN E Gruntenko
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, SD RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia
Insect Mol Biol 12:353-63. 2003..Thus, the ap56f mutation causes dramatic changes in female, but not male, metabolism and fitness...
- Regulation of juvenile hormone synthesis in wild-type and apterous mutant DrosophilaM Altaratz
Department of Entomology, Hebrew University, Rehovot, Israel
Mol Cell Endocrinol 81:205-16. 1991..Allatostatin production in the brain appears to be positively regulated by JHB3. Adult corpora allata from the mutants ap4 and ap56f synthesize very low levels of JH; additionally, brains of ap56f homozygotes lack allatostatic activity...
- Juvenile hormone III-dependent conformational changes of the nuclear receptor ultraspiracleG Jones
School of Biological Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 32:33-49. 2001..The same DR12 element conferred enhanced transcriptional responsiveness of a transfected juvenile hormone esterase core promoter to treatment of transfected cells with JH III, but not to treatment with retinoic acid or ..
- Identification of a juvenile hormone esterase gene by matching its peptide mass fingerprint with a sequence from the Drosophila genome projectP M Campbell
Division of Entomology, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, PO Box 1700, ACT 2601, Canberra, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:513-20. 2001b>Juvenile hormone esterase (JHE, EC 220.127.116.11) from whole Drosophila melanogaster prepupae has previously been purified by selective precipitations, isoelectric focussing and two column chromatography steps...
- Investigation of the endocrine system in extended longevity lines of Drosophila melanogasterL G Harshman
School of Biological Sciences, University of Nebraska Lincoln, 68588, USA
Exp Gerontol 34:997-1006. 1999..There was no difference between selected and control lines in the specific activity of either class of enzymes that metabolize juvenile hormone...
- Prolonged negative selection of Drosophila melanogaster for a character of adaptive significance disturbs stress reactivityN E Gruntenko
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Novosibirsk, Russia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 29:445-52. 1999..The role of juvenile hormone metabolism in male reproductive function is discussed...
- Purification and kinetic characterisation of juvenile hormone esterase from Drosophila melanogasterP M Campbell
CSIRO Division of Entomology, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 28:501-15. 1998b>Juvenile hormone esterase (JHE) from the prepupal stage of Drosophila melanogaster was purified about 429-fold to near homogeneity by selective precipitations, isoelectric focussing, anion exchange and gel filtration chromatography...
- [Role of juvenile hormone metabolism in the adaptation of Drosophila populations to stressful environmental conditions]N E Gruntenko
Department of Entomology, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Genetika 32:1191-8. 1996..Experimental repression of juvenile hormone esterase showed that stress response of the Drosophila reproductive system is determined by the decrease in JH ..
- A comparative analysis of juvenile hormone metabolyzing enzymes in two species of Drosophila during developmentT M Khlebodarova
Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Siberian Department, Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, Russia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 26:829-35. 1996..of changes in the activities of enzymes degrading juvenile hormone (JH), epoxyde hydrolase (JHEH) and JH-esterase (JHE) was studied in two lines of Drosophila virilis (101 and 147) and in two lines of D...
- [Genetic control of juvenile hormone metabolism in Drosophila melanogaster]N E Gruntenko
Genetika 32:228-32. 1996..It was established that the trait studied was inherited according to the incomplete dominance type. It was shown that these differences were controlled by the gene (genes) localized in chromosome 2...
- Evolutionary genetics of Drosophila esterasesJ G Oakeshott
CSIRO Division of Entomology, Canberra ACT, Australia
Genetica 90:239-68. 1993..melanogaster. These polymorphisms are associated with differences in substrate interactions in vitro and demographic data indicate that the alternative forms are not selectively equivalent in vivo...
- [Genetic analysis of differences in metabolism of juvenile hormone in lines of Drosophila virilis resistant and sensitive to heat stress]I Iu Raushenbakh
Genetika 31:193-200. 1995..Females of both species respond to stress by a decrease in the activity of JH esterase. This decrease is realized through a decrease in the amount of protein...
- Comparative developmental physiology and molecular cytology of the polytrophic ovarian follicles of the blowfly Sarcophaga bullata and the fruitfly Drosophila melanogasterA De Loof
Zoological Institute of the University, Leuven, Belgium
Comp Biochem Physiol A Comp Physiol 96:309-21. 1990..8. Drosophila has the advantage of its well documented genetics while the larger species Sarcophaga is preferable for the study of (electro-) physiological and cell biological mechanisms...
- Reversible juvenile hormone inhibition of ecdysteroid and juvenile hormone synthesis by the ring gland of Drosophila melanogasterD S Richard
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 3280
Experientia 47:1063-6. 1991..These data indicating negative feedback are in agreement with the accepted dogma of endocrine gland regulation...
- Yolk polypeptide gene expression in cultured Drosophila cellsV K Walker
Department of Biology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol 27:121-7. 1991..It is concluded that S3 cells may be useful for investigating the molecular basis of gene regulation by ecdysteroids, but conditions suitable for the analysis of JH action have not yet been established...