Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: jhamt
Description: juvenile hormone acid methyltransferase
Alias: BG:DS09218.5, CG17330, DmJHAMT, Dmel\CG17330, JAHMT, JHAMT, JHamt, Jhamt, juvenile hormone acid methyltransferase, CG17330-PA, CG17330-PB, jhamt-PA, jhamt-PB, juvenile hormone acid O-Methyl transferase, juvenile hormone acid O-methyltransferase, juvenile hormone acid methyl transferase
Species: fruit fly
- Halfon M, Zhu Q, Brennan E, Zhou Y. Erroneous attribution of relevant transcription factor binding sites despite successful prediction of cis-regulatory modules. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:578 pubmed publisher..Our study underscores the importance of empirical validation of computational results even when these results are in line with expectation. ..
- Yang Q, Gong Z, Zhou Y, Yuan J, Cheng J, Tian L, et al. Role of Drosophila alkaline ceramidase (Dacer) in Drosophila development and longevity. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:1477-90 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that Dacer plays an important role in the Drosophila development and longevity by controlling the metabolism of ceramides. ..
- Liu C, Wang J, Zheng Y, Xiong E, Li J, Yuan L, et al. Wolbachia-induced paternal defect in Drosophila is likely by interaction with the juvenile hormone pathway. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2014;49:49-58 pubmed publisher..Considering that Jhamt gene encodes JH acid methyltransferase, a key regulatory enzyme of JH biosynthesis, and that methoprene-tolerant (..
- Wen D, Rivera Pérez C, Abdou M, Jia Q, He Q, Liu X, et al. Methyl farnesoate plays a dual role in regulating Drosophila metamorphosis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005038 pubmed publisher..Knockout of JH acid methyl transferase (jhamt) did not result in lethality; it decreased biosynthesis of JHB3, but MF biosynthesis was not affected...
- Vallejo D, Juarez CarreÃ±o S, Bolivar J, Morante J, Dominguez M. A brain circuit that synchronizes growth and maturation revealed through Dilp8 binding to Lgr3. Science. 2015;350:aac6767 pubmed publisher..This previously unrecognized circuit suggests how growth and maturation rate are matched and co-regulated according to Dilp8 signals to stabilize organismal size. ..