Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: jet
Alias: CG8873, Dmel\CG8873, FBXL15, JET, jetlag, CG8873-PA, CG8873-PB, jet-PA, jet-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Yang M, Lee J, Padgett R, Edery I. Circadian regulation of a limited set of conserved microRNAs in Drosophila. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:83 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, the mature forms of dme-miR-263a and -263b are very similar in sequence to several miRNAs recently shown to be under circadian regulation in the mouse retina, suggesting conserved functions. ..
- Peschel N, Chen K, Szabo G, Stanewsky R. Light-dependent interactions between the Drosophila circadian clock factors cryptochrome, jetlag, and timeless. Curr Biol. 2009;19:241-7 pubmed publisher..Cry) mediates a rapid light-dependent degradation of the clock protein Timeless (Tim) via the F box protein Jetlag (Jet) and the proteasome, which initiates the resetting of the molecular clock [2, 3]...
- Hara T, Koh K, Combs D, Sehgal A. Post-translational regulation and nuclear entry of TIMELESS and PERIOD are affected in new timeless mutant. J Neurosci. 2011;31:9982-90 pubmed publisher..We also show that a stable form of PER is cytoplasmic in tim-null flies. These studies establish an essential role of TIM in the timed nuclear entry of PER. ..
- Vaidya A, Top D, Manahan C, Tokuda J, Zhang S, Pollack L, et al. Flavin reduction activates Drosophila cryptochrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:20455-60 pubmed publisher..Thus, photoreduction to the ASQ releases the dCRY CTT and promotes binding to at least one region of TIM. Flavin reduction by either light or cellular reductants may be a general mechanism of CRY activation. ..
- Lamba P, Bilodeau Wentworth D, Emery P, Zhang Y. Morning and evening oscillators cooperate to reset circadian behavior in response to light input. Cell Rep. 2014;7:601-8 pubmed publisher..autonomous: CRYPTOCHROME senses light, binds to TIMELESS (TIM), and promotes its degradation, which is mediated by JETLAG (JET)...
- Dolezelova E, Dolezel D, Hall J. Rhythm defects caused by newly engineered null mutations in Drosophila's cryptochrome gene. Genetics. 2007;177:329-45 pubmed..Because some norpAP24 cry0 individuals can resynchronize to novel photic regimes, an as-yet undetermined light-input route exists in Drosophila. ..
- Chen K, Peschel N, Zavodska R, Sehadova H, Stanewsky R. QUASIMODO, a Novel GPI-anchored zona pellucida protein involved in light input to the Drosophila circadian clock. Curr Biol. 2011;21:719-29 pubmed publisher..Even in the additional absence of visual photoreception, partial molecular and behavioral light synchronization persists. Therefore, other important clock-related photoreceptive and synchronization mechanisms must exist...