Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ItgaPS4
Description: Integrin alphaPS4 subunit
Alias: CG16827, CT37393, Dmel\CG16827, ItgalphaPS4, alpha-PS4, alpha-ps4, alphaPS4, integrin alphaPS4 subunit, CG16827-PA, ItgaPS4-PA, alphaPS4, alphaPS4 integrin
Species: fruit fly
- Hughes A. Evolution of the integrin alpha and beta protein families. J Mol Evol. 2001;52:63-72 pubmed
- Tanentzapf G, Devenport D, Godt D, Brown N. Integrin-dependent anchoring of a stem-cell niche. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:1413-8 pubmed..On the basis of our data, we propose that integrins are required for the attachment of the hub cells to the ECM, which is essential for maintaining the stem-cell niche. ..
- Dinkins M, Fratto V, LeMosy E. Integrin alpha chains exhibit distinct temporal and spatial localization patterns in epithelial cells of the Drosophila ovary. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3927-39 pubmed publisher..on apical, lateral, and basal membranes with the betaPS chain, whereas alphaPS3-family integrins (alphaPS3, alphaPS4, alphaPS5) are expressed in anterior cells late in oogenesis...
- Stofanko M, Kwon S, Badenhorst P. Lineage tracing of lamellocytes demonstrates Drosophila macrophage plasticity. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14051 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that lamellocytes arise from plasmatocytes and that plasmatocytes may be inherently plastic, possessing the ability to differentiate further into lamellocytes upon appropriate challenge. ..
- Thimgan M, Gottschalk L, Toedebusch C, McLeland J, Rechtschaffen A, Gilliland Roberts M, et al. Cross-translational studies in human and Drosophila identify markers of sleep loss. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61016 pubmed publisher..These cross-translational data indicate that fly and human discovery experiments are mutually reinforcing and can be used interchangeably to identify candidate biomarkers of sleep loss. ..
- Bökel C, Brown N. Integrins in development: moving on, responding to, and sticking to the extracellular matrix. Dev Cell. 2002;3:311-21 pubmed..Integrins also participate in signaling events that govern tissue differentiation and organogenesis. Finally, adhesion by integrin-mediated junctions allows tissues to withstand mechanical load and is essential for tissue integrity. ..
- Lo S. Focal adhesions: what's new inside. Dev Biol. 2006;294:280-91 pubmed..Recent studies using genetic approaches in invertebrate and vertebrate systems have begun to reveal the structure and function of these complexes in vivo. ..