Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: inaD
Description: inactivation no afterpotential D
Alias: CG3504, Dmel\CG3504, INAD, Ina-D, InaD, inactivation no afterpotential D, CG3504-PA, CG3504-PB, INAD, inaD-PA, inaD-PB, inactivation no after-potential D, inactivation, no after-depolarization, inactivation-no after potential D, inactivation-no-afterpotential D, inactivation-no-afterpotential-D
Species: fruit fly
- Venkatachalam K, Wasserman D, Wang X, Li R, Mills E, Elsaesser R, et al. Dependence on a retinophilin/myosin complex for stability of PKC and INAD and termination of phototransduction. J Neurosci. 2010;30:11337-45 pubmed publisher..domains, and a PDZ (postsynaptic density-95/Discs Large/zona occludens-1) scaffold protein, INAD (inactivation no afterpotential D)...
- Xu X, Wes P, Chen H, Li H, Yu M, Morgan S, et al. Retinal targets for calmodulin include proteins implicated in synaptic transmission. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:31297-307 pubmed..least in part, by four previously identified calmodulin-binding proteins: the TRP and TRPL ion channels, NINAC and INAD. To identify additional calmodulin-binding proteins that may function in phototransduction and/or synaptic ..
- Dimitratos S, Woods D, Stathakis D, Bryant P. Signaling pathways are focused at specialized regions of the plasma membrane by scaffolding proteins of the MAGUK family. Bioessays. 1999;21:912-21 pubmed..BioEssays 1999;21:912-921. ..
- Meyer N, Joel Almagor T, Frechter S, Minke B, Huber A. Subcellular translocation of the eGFP-tagged TRPL channel in Drosophila photoreceptors requires activation of the phototransduction cascade. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2592-603 pubmed..The critical role of Ca2+ influx was directly demonstrated when the light-induced TRPL-eGFP translocation was blocked by removing extracellular Ca2+. ..
- Leung H, Geng C, Pak W. Phenotypes of trpl mutants and interactions between the transient receptor potential (TRP) and TRP-like channels in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2000;20:6797-803 pubmed..1997), there are other forms of interactions between TRP and TRPL channels, probably involving the channel proteins themselves. ..
- Cook B, Bar Yaacov M, Cohen Ben Ami H, Goldstein R, Paroush Z, Selinger Z, et al. Phospholipase C and termination of G-protein-mediated signalling in vivo. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:296-301 pubmed..phospholipase C (PLC) and other signalling components form multiprotein structures through the PDZ scaffold protein INAD. Association between PLC and INAD is important for termination of responses to light; the underlying mechanism is, ..
- Sanxaridis P, Cronin M, Rawat S, Waro G, Acharya U, Tsunoda S. Light-induced recruitment of INAD-signaling complexes to detergent-resistant lipid rafts in Drosophila photoreceptors. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;36:36-46 pubmed..We show that the multi-PDZ protein INAD and its target proteins undergo light-induced recruitment to detergent-resistant membrane (DRM) rafts...
- Shieh B, Zhu M. Regulation of the TRP Ca2+ channel by INAD in Drosophila photoreceptors. Neuron. 1996;16:991-8 pubmed..b>InaD mutant flies have a M442K point mutation and display a slow recovery of the Ca2+ dependent current...
- Venkatachalam K, van Rossum D, Patterson R, Ma H, Gill D. The cellular and molecular basis of store-operated calcium entry. Nat Cell Biol. 2002;4:E263-72 pubmed..Here we review new insights into the exchange of signals between the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and plasma membrane that result in activation of calcium entry channels mediating crucial long-term calcium signals. ..
- Han J, Reddig K, Li H. Prolonged G(q) activity triggers fly rhodopsin endocytosis and degradation, and reduces photoreceptor sensitivity. EMBO J. 2007;26:4966-73 pubmed..Our work has identified an arrestin-independent endocytic pathway of G protein-coupled receptor in the fly. This pathway may also function in mammals and mediate an early feedback regulation of receptor signaling. ..
- Tsunoda S, Sun Y, Suzuki E, Zuker C. Independent anchoring and assembly mechanisms of INAD signaling complexes in Drosophila photoreceptors. J Neurosci. 2001;21:150-8 pubmedIn Drosophila photoreceptors the multivalent PDZ protein INAD organizes the phototransduction cascade into a macromolecular signaling complex containing the effector PLC, the light-activated TRP channels, and a regulatory PKC...
- Adamski F, Zhu M, Bahiraei F, Shieh B. Interaction of eye protein kinase C and INAD in Drosophila. Localization of binding domains and electrophysiological characterization of a loss of association in transgenic flies. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:17713-9 pubmed..TRP) (calcium channel) are integral components of a signal transduction complex organized by INAD, a protein containing five PDZ domains...
- Liu M, Parker L, Wadzinski B, Shieh B. Reversible phosphorylation of the signal transduction complex in Drosophila photoreceptors. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:12194-9 pubmed..kinase C (eye-PKC) comprise a multimolecular signaling complex via their interaction with the scaffold protein INAD. Previously, we showed that the interaction between INAD and eye-PKC is a prerequisite for deactivation of a light ..
- Tsunoda S, Sierralta J, Sun Y, Bodner R, Suzuki E, Becker A, et al. A multivalent PDZ-domain protein assembles signalling complexes in a G-protein-coupled cascade. Nature. 1997;388:243-9 pubmedHow are signalling molecules organized into different pathways within the same cell? In Drosophila, the inaD gene encodes a protein consisting of five PDZ domains which serves as a scaffold to assemble different components of the ..
- Pawson T, Scott J. Signaling through scaffold, anchoring, and adaptor proteins. Science. 1997;278:2075-80 pubmed..The role of scaffold, anchoring, and adaptor proteins that contribute to the specificity of signal transduction events by recruiting active enzymes into signaling networks or by placing enzymes close to their substrates is discussed. ..
- Wang X, Wang T, Jiao Y, von Lintig J, Montell C. Requirement for an enzymatic visual cycle in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2010;20:93-102 pubmed publisher..These findings establish Drosophila as an animal model for studying the visual cycle and retinal diseases associated with chromophore regeneration. ..
- Lee S, Montell C. Regulation of the rhodopsin protein phosphatase, RDGC, through interaction with calmodulin. Neuron. 2001;32:1097-106 pubmed
- Goel M, Garcia R, Estacion M, Schilling W. Regulation of Drosophila TRPL channels by immunophilin FKBP59. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:38762-73 pubmed..photoreceptor cells associated with large multimeric signaling complexes held together by the scaffolding protein, INAD. To identify novel proteins involved in channel regulation, Drosophila INAD was used as bait in a yeast two-hybrid ..
- Liu W, Wen W, Wei Z, Yu J, Ye F, Liu C, et al. The INAD scaffold is a dynamic, redox-regulated modulator of signaling in the Drosophila eye. Cell. 2011;145:1088-101 pubmed publisherb>INAD is a scaffolding protein that regulates signaling in Drosophila photoreceptors. One of its PDZ domains, PDZ5, cycles between reduced and oxidized forms in response to light, but it is unclear how light affects its redox potential...
- Mishra P, Socolich M, Wall M, Graves J, Wang Z, Ranganathan R. Dynamic scaffolding in a G protein-coupled signaling system. Cell. 2007;131:80-92 pubmedThe INAD scaffold organizes a multiprotein complex that is essential for proper visual signaling in Drosophila photoreceptor cells...
- Peng L, Popescu D, Wang N, Shieh B. Anchoring TRP to the INAD macromolecular complex requires the last 14 residues in its carboxyl terminus. J Neurochem. 2008;104:1526-35 pubmed..TRP is anchored to a macromolecular complex by tethering to inactivation-no-afterpotential D (INAD)...
- Mecklenburg K, Takemori N, Komori N, Chu B, Hardie R, Matsumoto H, et al. Retinophilin is a light-regulated phosphoprotein required to suppress photoreceptor dark noise in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2010;30:1238-49 pubmed publisher..We propose that RTP is a light-regulated phosphoprotein that organizes rhabdomeric components to suppress random activation of the phototransduction cascade and thus increases the signaling fidelity of dark-adapted photoreceptors. ..
- Li H, Montell C. TRP and the PDZ protein, INAD, form the core complex required for retention of the signalplex in Drosophila photoreceptor cells. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:1411-22 pubmed..The central player in the signalplex is inactivation no afterpotential D (INAD), a protein consisting of a tandem array of five PDZ domains...
- van Huizen R, Miller K, Chen D, Li Y, Lai Z, Raab R, et al. Two distantly positioned PDZ domains mediate multivalent INAD-phospholipase C interactions essential for G protein-coupled signaling. EMBO J. 1998;17:2285-97 pubmedDrosophila INAD, which contains five tandem protein interaction PDZ domains, plays an important role in the G protein-coupled visual signal transduction...
- Xu X, Choudhury A, Li X, Montell C. Coordination of an array of signaling proteins through homo- and heteromeric interactions between PDZ domains and target proteins. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:545-55 pubmed..Previous studies show that the PDZ domain containing protein INAD, which functions in Drosophila vision, coordinates a signaling complex by binding directly to the light-sensitive ..
- Fanning A, Anderson J. Protein modules as organizers of membrane structure. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1999;11:432-9 pubmed..Other PDZ proteins, like the Drosophila protein INAD and the epithelial Na(+)/H(+) regulatory factor (NHERF), organize cellular signaling by localizing transmembrane ..
- Montell C. TRP trapped in fly signaling web. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 1998;8:389-97 pubmed..The central player in the signaling complex is INAD, a protein with five protein-interaction motifs known as PDZ domains...
- Wang T, Jiao Y, Montell C. Dissecting independent channel and scaffolding roles of the Drosophila transient receptor potential channel. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:685-94 pubmed..TRP) serves dual roles as a cation channel and as a molecular anchor for the PDZ protein, INAD (inactivation no afterpotential D)...
- Georgiev P, Garcia Murillas I, Ulahannan D, Hardie R, Raghu P. Functional INAD complexes are required to mediate degeneration in photoreceptors of the Drosophila rdgA mutant. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1373-84 pubmed..In this study, using a novel forward-genetic screen, we identified InaD, a multivalent PDZ domain protein as a suppresser of retinal degeneration in rdgA mutants...
- Bernardo Garcia F, Fritsch C, Sprecher S. The transcription factor Glass links eye field specification with photoreceptor differentiation in Drosophila. Development. 2016;143:1413-23 pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide a transcriptional link between eye field specification and photoreceptor differentiation in Drosophila, placing Glass at a central position in this developmental process. ..
- Burack W, Shaw A. Signal transduction: hanging on a scaffold. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2000;12:211-6 pubmed..Finally, the identification of new mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway scaffolds suggests the existence of multiple 'signalosomes' or 'transducisomes'. ..
- Hardie R, Raghu P. Visual transduction in Drosophila. Nature. 2001;413:186-93 pubmed..Analysis in Drosophila has revealed many of the underlying molecular strategies, leading to the discovery and characterization of signalling molecules of widespread importance. ..
- Murali T, Pacifico S, Finley R. Integrating the interactome and the transcriptome of Drosophila. BMC Bioinformatics. 2014;15:177 pubmed publisher..This organization implies that tissue or stage specific networks can be best identified from interactome data by using filters designed to include both ubiquitously expressed and specifically expressed genes and proteins. ..
- Meyer N, Oberegelsbacher C, Dürr T, Schäfer A, Huber A. An eGFP-based genetic screen for defects in light-triggered subcelluar translocation of the Drosophila photoreceptor channel TRPL. Fly (Austin). 2008;2:36-46 pubmed..We found that four mutants did not complement genes known to affect TRPL translocation, which are trp, ninaE and inaD. Two of the isolated mutants represent new alleles of trp and ninaE...
- Lee S, Montell C. Suppression of constant-light-induced blindness but not retinal degeneration by inhibition of the rhodopsin degradation pathway. Curr Biol. 2004;14:2076-85 pubmed..Our results support a model in which visual impairment caused by continuous illumination occurs through an arrestin-dependent pathway that promotes degradation of rhodopsin. ..
- MacPherson M, Pollock V, Kean L, Southall T, Giannakou M, Broderick K, et al. Transient receptor potential-like channels are essential for calcium signaling and fluid transport in a Drosophila epithelium. Genetics. 2005;169:1541-52 pubmed..Finally, a scaffolding component of the TRPL/TRP-signaling complex, INAD, is not expressed in tubules, suggesting that inaD is not essential for TRPL/TRP function in Drosophila tubules.
- Mlodzik M. Spiny legs and prickled bodies: new insights and complexities in planar polarity establishment. Bioessays. 2000;22:311-5 pubmed..Pk might serve a scaffolding function involved in assembling a protein complex required for planar polarity establishment. ..
- Landry C, Castillo Davis C, Ogura A, Liu J, Hartl D. Systems-level analysis and evolution of the phototransduction network in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:3283-8 pubmed..These results provide a preliminary quantification of variation and divergence of gene expression between species in a known gene network and provide a foundation for a system-level understanding of functional and evolutionary change. ..
- Clapham D. TRP is cracked but is CRAC TRP?. Neuron. 1996;16:1069-72 pubmed
- Tian Y, Li T, Sun M, Wan D, Li Q, Li P, et al. Neurexin regulates visual function via mediating retinoid transport to promote rhodopsin maturation. Neuron. 2013;77:311-22 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a role for Neurexin in mediating retinoid transport and subsequent rhodopsin maturation and suggest that Neurexin regulates lipoprotein function. ..
- Sanxaridis P, Tsunoda S. A forward genetic screen in Drosophila melanogaster to identify mutations affecting INAD localization in photoreceptor cells. Fly (Austin). 2010;4:95-103 pubmedIn Drosophila photoreceptors, the multivalent PDZ protein INAD interacts with multiple signaling components and localizes complexes to the rhabdomere, a subcellular compartment specialized for phototransduction...
- Katz B, Oberacker T, Richter D, Tzadok H, Peters M, Minke B, et al. Drosophila TRP and TRPL are assembled as homomultimeric channels in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:3121-33 pubmed publisher..However, the C-terminal regions of both TRP and TRPL predominantly specify the assembly of homomeric TRP and TRPL channels. ..
- Ye F, Liu W, Shang Y, Zhang M. An Exquisitely Specific PDZ/Target Recognition Revealed by the Structure of INAD PDZ3 in Complex with TRP Channel Tail. Structure. 2016;24:383-91 pubmed publisher..Here, we report an unexpected PDZ/target binding occurring between the scaffold protein inactivation no afterpotential D (INAD) and transient receptor potential (TRP) channel in Drosophila photoreceptors...
- Han J, Gong P, Reddig K, Mitra M, Guo P, Li H. The fly CAMTA transcription factor potentiates deactivation of rhodopsin, a G protein-coupled light receptor. Cell. 2006;127:847-58 pubmed..Our data suggest that calmodulin/CAMTA/Fbxl4 may mediate a long-term feedback regulation of the activity of Ca(2+)-stimulating GPCRs, which could prevent cell damage due to extra Ca(2+) influx. ..
- Hardie R. Adaptation through translocation. Neuron. 2002;34:3-5 pubmed
- Cheng Y, Nash H. Drosophila TRP channels require a protein with a distinctive motif encoded by the inaF locus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:17730-4 pubmed..Given the role of INAF-B, these proteins are good candidates for interacting partners of other members of the TRP superfamily. ..
- Jaken S, Parker P. Protein kinase C binding partners. Bioessays. 2000;22:245-54 pubmed..These predicted features have been realized in the identification of many protein kinase C interacting proteins and examples of these are discussed. ..
- Bahner M, Sander P, Paulsen R, Huber A. The visual G protein of fly photoreceptors interacts with the PDZ domain assembled INAD signaling complex via direct binding of activated Galpha(q) to phospholipase cbeta. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:2901-4 pubmed..phospholipase Cbeta, are assembled into a supramolecular signaling complex by the modular PDZ domain protein INAD. We have used immunoprecipitation assays to study the interaction of the heterotrimeric visual G protein with this ..
- Zelhof A, Koundakjian E, Scully A, Hardy R, Pounds L. Mutation of the photoreceptor specific homeodomain gene Pph13 results in defects in phototransduction and rhabdomere morphogenesis. Development. 2003;130:4383-92 pubmed..In addition, we demonstrate that Pph13 exerts its effect by the regulation of photoreceptor specific gene expression. ..
- Hu W, Wan D, Yu X, Cao J, Guo P, Li H, et al. Protein Gq modulates termination of phototransduction and prevents retinal degeneration. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:13911-8 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed the roles of G(q) in mediating photoresponse termination and in preventing retinal degeneration. This pathway may represent a general rapid feedback regulation of G protein-coupled receptor signaling. ..
- Harris B, Lim W. Mechanism and role of PDZ domains in signaling complex assembly. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:3219-31 pubmed..The predominance of PDZ domains in metazoans indicates that this highly specialized scaffolding module probably evolved in response to the increased signaling needs of multicellular organisms. ..
- Gengs C, Leung H, Skingsley D, Iovchev M, Yin Z, Semenov E, et al. The target of Drosophila photoreceptor synaptic transmission is a histamine-gated chloride channel encoded by ort (hclA). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42113-20 pubmed..Moreover, the present work shows that this function of the HCLA (ORT) protein is its native function in vivo. ..
- Yao C, Carlson J. Role of G-proteins in odor-sensing and CO2-sensing neurons in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 2010;30:4562-72 pubmed publisher..Ggamma30A is also required for normal CO2 response. The simplest interpretation of these results is that Galpha(q) and Ggamma30A play a role in the response of CO2-sensing neurons, but are not required for Or-mediated odor signaling. ..
- Minke B, Selinger Z. The roles of trp and calcium in regulating photoreceptor function in Drosophila. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 1996;6:459-66 pubmed..Furthermore, trp is an archetypal member of a multigene family whose products share a structure that is highly conserved throughout evolution, from worms to humans. ..
- Cao J, Li Y, Xia W, Reddig K, Hu W, Xie W, et al. A Drosophila metallophosphoesterase mediates deglycosylation of rhodopsin. EMBO J. 2011;30:3701-13 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that the glycosylation status of membrane proteins is controlled through phosphorylation/dephosphorylation, and that MPPE acts as the phosphoesterase in this regulation. ..
- Scott K, Zuker C. Assembly of the Drosophila phototransduction cascade into a signalling complex shapes elementary responses. Nature. 1998;395:805-8 pubmed..In Drosophila photoreceptors, the InaD protein, which consists of five PDZ domains, functions as a multivalent adaptor that brings together several ..
- Chen Z, Chen H, Montell C. TRP and Rhodopsin Transport Depends on Dual XPORT ER Chaperones Encoded by an Operon. Cell Rep. 2015;13:573-584 pubmed publisher..Our work highlights a coordinated network of chaperones required for the biosynthesis of the TRP channel and rhodopsin in Drosophila photoreceptor cells. ..
- Ponting C, Phillips C, Davies K, Blake D. PDZ domains: targeting signalling molecules to sub-membranous sites. Bioessays. 1997;19:469-79 pubmed..Recently, the crystal structures of PDZ domains, with and without ligand, have been determined. These demonstrate the mode of ligand-binding and the structural bases for sequence conservation among diverse PDZ domains. ..
- Zitt C, Halaszovich C, Lückhoff A. The TRP family of cation channels: probing and advancing the concepts on receptor-activated calcium entry. Prog Neurobiol. 2002;66:243-64 pubmed
- Mazzotta G, Rossi A, Leonardi E, Mason M, Bertolucci C, Caccin L, et al. Fly cryptochrome and the visual system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6163-8 pubmed publisher..approaches, dCRY was found to interact with Neither Inactivation Nor Afterpotential C through Inactivation No Afterpotential D (INAD) in a light-dependent manner and that the CRY-Inactivation No Afterpotential D interaction is ..
- Scott K, Zuker C. TRP, TRPL and trouble in photoreceptor cells. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 1998;8:383-8 pubmed..Recent studies have begun to elucidate the function of TRP and TRPL in vivo, and to examine their relationship to intracellular calcium changes during the light response. ..
- Garrington T, Johnson G. Organization and regulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1999;11:211-8 pubmed..As new MAPK members are defined, determining their organization in kinase modules will be critical in understanding their select role in cellular regulation. ..
- Lee S, Xu H, Montell C. Rhodopsin kinase activity modulates the amplitude of the visual response in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:11874-9 pubmed..These data point to an evolutionarily conserved role for GPRK1 in modulating the amplitude of the visual response. ..
- Yamashita R, Sellers J, Anderson J. Identification and analysis of the myosin superfamily in Drosophila: a database approach. J Muscle Res Cell Motil. 2000;21:491-505 pubmed..In the future comparative genomics will hopefully lead to the placement of these myosins into new classes. ..
- Juhola M, Shah Z, Grivell L, Jacobs H. The mitochondrial inner membrane AAA metalloprotease family in metazoans. FEBS Lett. 2000;481:91-5 pubmed..A full elucidation of the cellular and physiological roles of mt-AAA metalloproteases in metazoans will require the creation of targeted mutations. ..