Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ilp7
Description: Insulin-like peptide 7
Alias: CG13317, DILP, DILP-7, DILP7, Dilp, Dilp 7, Dilp7, Dmel\CG13317, ILP7, Ilp, Ilp-7, dILP7, dilp, dilp-7, dilp7, ilp7, Insulin-like peptide 7, CG13317-PA, Ilp7-PA, drosophila insulin-like peptide 7, insulin-like peptide
Species: fruit fly
- Linneweber G, Jacobson J, Busch K, Hudry B, Christov C, Dormann D, et al. Neuronal control of metabolism through nutrient-dependent modulation of tracheal branching. Cell. 2014;156:69-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, we describe a novel mechanism by which nutritional cues modulate neuronal activity to give rise to organ-specific, long-lasting changes in vascular architecture. ..
- Hwangbo D, Gershman B, Gersham B, Tu M, Palmer M, Tatar M. Drosophila dFOXO controls lifespan and regulates insulin signalling in brain and fat body. Nature. 2004;429:562-6 pubmed..We further show that this limited activation of dFOXO reduces expression of the Drosophila insulin-like peptide dilp-2 synthesized in neurons, and represses endogenous insulin-dependent signalling in peripheral fat body...
- Zhang H, Liu J, Li C, Momen B, Kohanski R, Pick L. Deletion of Drosophila insulin-like peptides causes growth defects and metabolic abnormalities. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:19617-22 pubmed publisher..In contrast, Df[dilp6] or Df[dilp7] animals showed no major metabolic defects...
- Okamoto N, Yamanaka N, Yagi Y, Nishida Y, Kataoka H, O Connor M, et al. A fat body-derived IGF-like peptide regulates postfeeding growth in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2009;17:885-91 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that DILP6 is a functional, as well as a structural, counterpart of vertebrate IGFs. Our data provide in vivo evidence for a role of ILPs in determining adult body size through the regulation of postfeeding growth...
- Slaidina M, Delanoue R, Gronke S, Partridge L, Leopold P. A Drosophila insulin-like peptide promotes growth during nonfeeding states. Dev Cell. 2009;17:874-84 pubmed publisher..We show here that, during metamorphosis, when feeding stops, a specific DILP (Dilp6) is produced by the fat body and relays the growth signal...
- Guirao Rico S, Aguade M. Molecular evolution of the ligands of the insulin-signaling pathway: dilp genes in the genus Drosophila. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:1557-60 pubmed publisher..grimshawi with two tandem copies of dilp2. Our comparative analysis revealed that genes dilp1-dilp7 exhibit differential functional constraint, which is indicative of some functional divergence...
- Yang C, Rumpf S, Xiang Y, Gordon M, Song W, Jan L, et al. Control of the postmating behavioral switch in Drosophila females by internal sensory neurons. Neuron. 2009;61:519-26 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a neuronal mechanism by which sex peptide exerts its control over reproductive behaviors in Drosophila females. ..
- Libert S. Insights into physiology of aging and novel ways to increase lifespan. Fly (Austin). 2007;1:113-5 pubmed
- Wang L, McLeod C, Jones D. Regulation of adult stem cell behavior by nutrient signaling. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:2628-34 pubmed..Here we discuss our data regarding the effects and mechanisms by which changes in systemic nutritional conditions may influence the maintenance and activity of adult stem cells via insulin signaling. ..
- Castellanos M, Tang J, Allan D. Female-biased dimorphism underlies a female-specific role for post-embryonic Ilp7 neurons in Drosophila fertility. Development. 2013;140:3915-26 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify a post-embryonic population of Insulin-like peptide 7 (Ilp7)-expressing neurons in the posterior ventral nerve cord that innervate the reproductive tracts and exhibit a female ..
- Gu T, Zhao T, Hewes R. Insulin signaling regulates neurite growth during metamorphic neuronal remodeling. Biol Open. 2014;3:81-93 pubmed publisher..Moreover, they highlight strong evolutionarily conservation of insulin signaling in neuronal growth regulation. ..
- Kim J, Bang H, Ko S, Jung I, Hong H, Kim Ha J. Drosophila ia2 modulates secretion of insulin-like peptide. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2008;151:180-4 pubmed publisher..As the pancreas develops from the gut during vertebrate development, our results suggest a possible role of IA-2 in insulin and hexokinase regulation. ..
- Kim J, Neufeld T. Dietary sugar promotes systemic TOR activation in Drosophila through AKH-dependent selective secretion of Dilp3. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6846 pubmed publisher..Thus, IPCs integrate multiple cues to regulate the secretion of distinct insulin subtypes under varying nutrient conditions. ..
- Claeys I, Simonet G, Poels J, Van Loy T, Vercammen L, De Loof A, et al. Insulin-related peptides and their conserved signal transduction pathway. Peptides. 2002;23:807-16 pubmed
- Okamoto N, Nakamori R, Murai T, Yamauchi Y, Masuda A, Nishimura T. A secreted decoy of InR antagonizes insulin/IGF signaling to restrict body growth in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 2013;27:87-97 pubmed publisher..We propose that Drosophila uses a secreted decoy to fine-tune systemic growth against fluctuations of circulating insulin levels. ..
- Nassel D, Enell L, Santos J, Wegener C, Johard H. A large population of diverse neurons in the Drosophila central nervous system expresses short neuropeptide F, suggesting multiple distributed peptide functions. BMC Neurosci. 2008;9:90 pubmed publisher..To unravel possible functional diversity we have mapped the distribution of transcript of the snpf gene and its peptide products in the central nervous system (CNS) of Drosophila in relation to other neuronal markers...
- Flatt T, Tu M, Tatar M. Hormonal pleiotropy and the juvenile hormone regulation of Drosophila development and life history. Bioessays. 2005;27:999-1010 pubmed..In particular, we illustrate the role of JH as a key mediator of life history trade-offs. ..
- Shingleton A. Body-size regulation: combining genetics and physiology. Curr Biol. 2005;15:R825-7 pubmed..New research has revealed that the activity of the insulin-signaling pathway in the prothoracic gland of Drosophila modulates ecdysone release and thereby influences both the duration and rate of larval growth. ..
- Kux K, Pitsouli C. Tissue communication in regenerative inflammatory signaling: lessons from the fly gut. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2014;4:49 pubmed publisher..Here we review tissue communication during homeostasis and regenerative inflammatory signaling in Drosophila focusing on the signals that emanate from non-intestinal epithelial tissues to ensure intestinal integrity. ..
- Bradley G, Leevers S. Amino acids and the humoral regulation of growth: fat bodies use slimfast. Cell. 2003;114:656-8 pubmed..In this issue of Cell, Colombani et al. demonstrate that amino acid-responsive TOR signaling in the Drosophila fat body modulates insulin signaling and growth in peripheral tissues. ..
- Guirao Rico S, Aguade M. Patterns of nucleotide diversity at the regions encompassing the Drosophila insulin-like peptide (dilp) genes: demography vs. positive selection in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53593 pubmed publisher..melanogaster and divergence from D. simulans at different functional classes of the dilp genes provided no evidence of adaptive protein evolution after the split of the D. melanogaster and D...
- Luo J, Liu Y, Nassel D. Insulin/IGF-regulated size scaling of neuroendocrine cells expressing the bHLH transcription factor Dimmed in Drosophila. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1004052 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the dInR-mediated scaling of neuroendocrine cells is part of a plasticity that adapts the secretory capacity to changing physiological conditions and nutrient-dependent organismal growth. ..
- Garner S, Castellanos M, Baillie K, Lian T, Allan D. Drosophila female-specific Ilp7 motoneurons are generated by Fruitless-dependent cell death in males and by a double-assurance survival role for Transformer in females. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisherFemale-specific Ilp7 neuropeptide-expressing motoneurons (FS-Ilp7 motoneurons) are required in Drosophila for oviduct function in egg laying...
- Demay Y, Perochon J, Szuplewski S, Mignotte B, Gaumer S. The PERK pathway independently triggers apoptosis and a Rac1/Slpr/JNK/Dilp8 signaling favoring tissue homeostasis in a chronic ER stress Drosophila model. Cell Death Dis. 2014;5:e1452 pubmed publisher..Thanks to a novel chronic ER stress model, these results establish a new pathway that both participates in tissue homeostasis and triggers apoptosis through an original regulation. ..
- Post S, Tatar M. Nutritional Geometric Profiles of Insulin/IGF Expression in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0155628 pubmed publisher..To understand how dietary protein and sugar affect dilp expression, we followed the analytical concepts of the Nutritional Geometric Framework, feeding Drosophila adults ..