Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Idh
Description: Isocitrate dehydrogenase
Alias: CG7176, CT22171, Dmel\CG7176, ICDH, IDH, IDH-NADP, Idh-NADP, cIdh, idh, isocitrate dehydrogenase, l(3)L3852, isocitrate dehydrogenase, CG7176-PA, CG7176-PB, CG7176-PC, CG7176-PD, CG7176-PF, CG7176-PG, CG7176-PI, CG7176-PJ, CG7176-PK, ISOCITRATE DEHYDROGENASE, Idh-PA, Idh-PB, Idh-PC, Idh-PD, Idh-PF, Idh-PG, Idh-PI, Idh-PJ, Idh-PK, NADP-IDH, isocitrate dehydrogenase (NADP[+]), isocitrate dehydrolase
Species: fruit fly
- Li H, Margam V, Muir W, Murdock L, Pittendrigh B. Changes in Drosophila melanogaster midgut proteins in response to dietary Bowman-Birk inhibitor. Insect Mol Biol. 2007;16:539-49 pubmed..We then tested the hypothesis that SCPX was critical for the Drosophila third instars' response to BBI treatment. Inhibition of SCPX caused the third instars to become more susceptible to dietary BBI. ..
- Pecsenye K, Komlósi I, Saura A. Heritabilities and additive genetic variances of the activities of some enzymes in Drosophila melanogaster populations living in different habitats. Heredity (Edinb). 2004;93:215-21 pubmed..Activities of four enzymes (ADH, alpha GPDH, IDH and 6PGDH) were measured in the offspring of each cross on starch gel after electrophoresis...
- Fox D, Conscience Egli M, Abächerli E. The soluble citric acid cycle enzymes of Drosophila melanogaster. II. Tissue and intracellular distribution of aconitase and NADP-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase. Biochem Genet. 1972;7:163-75 pubmed
- Wright D, Shaw C. Time of expression of genes controlling specific enzymes in Drosophila embryos. Biochem Genet. 1970;4:385-94 pubmed
- Tiefenböck S, Baltzer C, Egli N, Frei C. The Drosophila PGC-1 homologue Spargel coordinates mitochondrial activity to insulin signalling. EMBO J. 2010;29:171-83 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data place Spargel at a nodal point for the integration of mitochondrial activity to tissue and organismal metabolism and growth. ..
- Harris D, Orme C, Kramer J, Namba L, Champion M, Palladino M, et al. A deficiency screen of the major autosomes identifies a gene (matrimony) that is haplo-insufficient for achiasmate segregation in Drosophila oocytes. Genetics. 2003;165:637-52 pubmed
- Burkhart B, Montgomery E, Langley C, Voelker R. Characterization of Allozyme Null and Low Activity Alleles from Two Natural Populations of DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTER. Genetics. 1984;107:295-306 pubmed..Available evidence indicates that this sample includes mutations resulting from lesions in both coding and regulatory sequences. Certain mutations may be caused by transposable element insertions. ..
- Lim D, Oh C, Lee L, Hong J, Noh S, Hwang S, et al. The endogenous siRNA pathway in Drosophila impacts stress resistance and lifespan by regulating metabolic homeostasis. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3079-85 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, loss of dcr-2 function led to abnormal lipid and carbohydrate metabolism. Our results suggest roles for the endo-siRNA pathway in metabolic regulation and defense against stress and aging in Drosophila. ..
- Kanda H, Igaki T, Okano H, Miura M. Conserved metabolic energy production pathways govern Eiger/TNF-induced nonapoptotic cell death. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:18977-82 pubmed publisher..This result suggests a link between sensitivity to cell death and metabolic activity in cancer. ..
- el Abidin Salam A, Hussein E, el Itriby H, Anwar W, Mansour S. The mutagenicity of Gramoxone (paraquat) on different eukaryotic systems. Mutat Res. 1993;319:89-101 pubmed..At the protein level, Gramoxone had detectable mutagenic effects on the genetic background of two enzymes, Adh and Est-6. Gramoxone should be considered a mutagenic herbicide. ..
- Uhrigshardt H, Rouault T, Missirlis F. Insertion mutants in Drosophila melanogaster Hsc20 halt larval growth and lead to reduced iron-sulfur cluster enzyme activities and impaired iron homeostasis. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2013;18:441-9 pubmed publisher..larval growth arrest and deficiencies in aconitase and succinate dehydrogenase activities, but not in isocitrate dehydrogenase activity; phenotypes also observed with ubiquitous frataxin RNA interference...
- Xie H, Cammarato A, Rajasekaran N, Zhang H, Suggs J, Lin H, et al. The NADPH metabolic network regulates human ?B-crystallin cardiomyopathy and reductive stress in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003544 pubmed publisher..to NADPH levels we tested mutants or RNAi-mediated knockdowns of phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (PGD), isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH), and malic enzyme (MEN), the other major enzymatic sources of NADPH, and we found that all are ..
- Li X. Synergistic effect of Adh alleles in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Biol Sci. 1992;247:9-16 pubmed..of Drosophila melanogaster derived from an African population, the quantities of six out of seven enzymes (G6PD, IDH, GPDH, ME, MDH, PGM and ADH) were higher in Adh-FF homozygotes than they were in Adh-SS...
- Hastings I. The population genetics of alleles affecting enzyme activity. J Theor Biol. 1992;157:305-16 pubmed..When data from natural populations of Drosophila are investigated, it is concluded that selection pressures acting on enzyme variants may be much higher than previously thought. ..
- Reitman Z, Sinenko S, Spana E, Yan H. Genetic dissection of leukemia-associated IDH1 and IDH2 mutants and D-2-hydroxyglutarate in Drosophila. Blood. 2015;125:336-45 pubmed publisherGain-of-function mutations in nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH)1 and IDH2 frequently arise in human leukemias and other cancers and produce high levels of D-2-hydroxyglutarate (D-2HG)...
- Bonin C, Mann R. A piggyBac transposon gene trap for the analysis of gene expression and function in Drosophila. Genetics. 2004;167:1801-11 pubmed..These experiments highlight the utility of the PBss system for expanding the functional genomics tools that are available in Drosophila. ..
- Pecsenye K. Detection of individual variation in enzyme activity in natural populations of Drosophila melanogaster. Hereditas. 1998;128:145-51 pubmed..The activities of alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH), alpha-glycerophosphate dehydrogenase (alpha GPDH), isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH), and 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (6PGDH), were measured in each sample on starch gel after the ..
- Wang T, Xu H, Oberwinkler J, Gu Y, Hardie R, Montell C. Light activation, adaptation, and cell survival functions of the Na+/Ca2+ exchanger CalX. Neuron. 2005;45:367-78 pubmed..These results illustrate the critical role of Ca(2+) for proper signaling and provide genetic evidence that Ca(2+) overload is responsible for a form of retinal degeneration resulting from defects in the TRP channel. ..
- Granadino B, Torres M, Bachiller D, Torroja E, Barbero J, Sanchez L. Genetic and molecular analysis of new female-specific lethal mutations at the gene Sxl of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1991;129:371-83 pubmed
- Botas J. Control of morphogenesis and differentiation by HOM/Hox genes. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1993;5:1015-22 pubmed..Some of the genes they regulate and that mediate specific identify functions have been identified. Research in Drosophila has shown that HOM genes are continuously required during development for correct axial identity. ..
- Harada K. A quantitative analysis of modifier mutations which occur in mutation accumulation lines in Drosophila melanogaster. Heredity (Edinb). 1995;75 ( Pt 6):589-98 pubmed..dehydrogenase (ADH), alpha-glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (alpha GPDH), malate dehydrogenase (MDH), isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH), glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD), 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (6PGD) and alpha-..
- Arking R, Burde V, Graves K, Hari R, Feldman E, Zeevi A, et al. Identical longevity phenotypes are characterized by different patterns of gene expression and oxidative damage. Exp Gerontol. 2000;35:353-73 pubmed..The theoretical and empirical implications of these findings are discussed. ..
- Yang J, Kim M, Yoon W, Kim E, Kim H, Lee Y, et al. Isocitrate protects DJ-1 null dopaminergic cells from oxidative stress through NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH). PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006975 pubmed publisher..analyses searching for novel anti-oxidant genes downstream of DJ-1, a gene encoding NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH), which converts isocitrate into α-ketoglutarate, was detected...
- Kuhn D, Cunningham G. Isocitrate dehydrogenase in D. melanogaster imaginal discs: pattern development and alteration by homoeotic mutant genes. Dev Genet. 1986;7:21-34 pubmedThe distribution of the soluble form of NADP+-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase (ICDH) was examined in Drosophila melanogaster imaginal discs...
- Langley C, Voelker R, Brown A, Ohnishi S, Dickson B, Montgomery E. Null allele frequencies at allozyme loci in natural populations of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1981;99:151-6 pubmed
- Hamblin M, Aquadro C. High nucleotide sequence variation in a region of low recombination in Drosophila simulans is consistent with the background selection model. Mol Biol Evol. 1996;13:1133-40 pubmed..melanogaster. Alternatively, the deleterious mutation rate may be smaller in D. simulans, or balancing selection may be acting nearby, thereby reducing the effect of background selection. ..
- Bubli O, Rakitskaya T, Imasheva A. Variation of allozyme loci in populations of Drosophila melanogaster from the former USSR. Heredity (Edinb). 1996;77 ( Pt 6):638-45 pubmedVariation of eight allozyme loci, Acph, Adh, Est-6, Est-C, alpha-Gpdh, Idh (NADP-dependent), 6-Pgd and Pgm, was studied in 20 populations of Drosophila melanogaster from the territory of the former USSR, including Eastern Europe, the ..
- Xun Z, Kaufman T, Clemmer D. Proteome response to the panneural expression of human wild-type alpha-synuclein: a Drosophila model of Parkinson's disease. J Proteome Res. 2008;7:3911-21 pubmed publisher..The observed alterations in both pathology-associated and novel proteins may shed light on the pathological roles of alpha-synuclein that may lead to the development of diagnostic strategies at the presymptomatic stage. ..
- Fox D. The soluble citric acid cycle enzymes of Drosophila melanogaster. I. Genetics and ontogeny of NADP-linked isocitrate dehydrogenase. Biochem Genet. 1971;5:69-80 pubmed
- Talbert M, Barnett B, Hoff R, Amella M, Kuczynski K, Lavington E, et al. Genetic perturbation of key central metabolic genes extends lifespan in Drosophila and affects response to dietary restriction. Proc Biol Sci. 2015;282: pubmed publisher..Our studies link the readout of energy state with the perturbation of the genes of central metabolism and demonstrate their effect on lifespan. ..
- Rumball W, Franklin I, Frankham R, Sheldon B. Decline in heterozygosity under full-sib and double first-cousin inbreeding in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1994;136:1039-49 pubmed..Natural selection was shown to favor heterozygotes in the inbred lines. Associative overdominance was the most probable explanation for the slower than expected decline in heterozygosity. ..
- Lozinsky O, Lushchak O, Kryshchuk N, Shchypanska N, Riabkina A, Skarbek S, et al. S-nitrosoglutathione-induced toxicity in Drosophila melanogaster: Delayed pupation and induced mild oxidative/nitrosative stress in eclosed flies. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2013;164:162-70 pubmed publisher..to GSNO resulted in lower activities of aconitase in both sexes and also lower activities of catalase and isocitrate dehydrogenase in adult males relative to the control cohort...
- Rzezniczak T, Merritt T. Interactions of NADP-reducing enzymes across varying environmental conditions: a model of biological complexity. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:1613-23 pubmed publisher..alleles were used in Drosophila melanogaster for glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6pd), cytosolic isocitrate dehydrogenase (Idh), and cytosolic malic enzyme (Men) along with seven different genetic backgrounds to lend biological ..
- Vierstraete E, Verleyen P, Sas F, Van den Bergh G, De Loof A, Arckens L, et al. The instantly released Drosophila immune proteome is infection-specific. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;317:1052-60 pubmed..Next to known immune proteins, unannotated proteins were identified such as CG4306 protein, which has homologues with unknown function in all metazoan genome databases available today. ..