Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Idgf3
Description: Imaginal disc growth factor 3
Alias: BG:DS02780.2, CG4559, DmIDGF3, Dmel\CG4559, IDGF, IDGF-3, IDGF3, idgf3, lincRNA.163, imaginal disc growth factor 3, CG4559-PA, CG4559-PB, CG4559-PC, CG4559-PD, Idgf3-PA, Idgf3-PB, Idgf3-PC, Idgf3-PD
Species: fruit fly
- Pesch Y, Riedel D, Patil K, Loch G, Behr M. Chitinases and Imaginal disc growth factors organize the extracellular matrix formation at barrier tissues in insects. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18340 pubmed publisher..We show that Cht2/Cht5/Cht7/Cht9/Cht12 and idgf1/idgf3/idgf4/idgf5/idgf6 are needed for organizing proteins and chitin-matrix at the apical cell surface...
- Lee G, Jun J, Hyun S. MicroRNA miR-8 regulates multiple growth factor hormones produced from Drosophila fat cells. Insect Mol Biol. 2015;24:311-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that multiple peptide hormones regulated by miR-8 in the fat body may collectively contribute to Drosophila growth. ..
- Pfeiffer B, Jenett A, Hammonds A, Ngo T, Misra S, Murphy C, et al. Tools for neuroanatomy and neurogenetics in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:9715-20 pubmed publisher..We expect that these lines will be valuable tools for neuroanatomy as well as for the elucidation of neuronal circuits and information flow in the fly brain. ..
- Zurovcová M, Tatarenkov A, Berec L. Differences in the pattern of evolution in six physically linked genes of Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 2006;381:24-33 pubmedWe describe DNA sequence polymorphisms at six loci (Acp26Aa, Acp26Ab, Acp29AB, Idgf1, Idgf3 and Ddc), all on the second chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster in one natural European population...
- Morrell P, Toleno D, Lundy K, Clegg M. Estimating the contribution of mutation, recombination and gene conversion in the generation of haplotypic diversity. Genetics. 2006;173:1705-23 pubmed publisher..simulans, and Zea mays. In total, 13 of 27 loci show evidence of gene conversion. For these loci, gene conversion is estimated to contribute an average of twice as much as crossing over to total recombination...
- Sun L, Chen L, Greil F, Negre N, Li T, Cavalli G, et al. Protein-DNA interaction mapping using genomic tiling path microarrays in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:9428-33 pubmed
- Zhang J, Zhang X, Arakane Y, Muthukrishnan S, Kramer K, Ma E, et al. Comparative genomic analysis of chitinase and chitinase-like genes in the African malaria mosquito (Anopheles gambiae). PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19899 pubmed publisher..Our investigation also provided important information for conducting future studies on the functions of chitinase and chitinase-like genes in this important malaria vector and other species of arthropods. ..
- Rotstein B, Molnar D, Adryan B, Llimargas M. Tramtrack is genetically upstream of genes controlling tracheal tube size in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28985 pubmed publisher..The computational analysis of our tissue-specific gene expression data highlighted the sensitivity of the approach and revealed an interesting set of novel putatively tracheal genes. ..
- Hayes S, Miller J, Hoshizaki D. serpent, a GATA-like transcription factor gene, induces fat-cell development in Drosophila melanogaster. Development. 2001;128:1193-200 pubmed..In light of our results, we discuss the role of serpent in fat-cell specification and in cell fate choices. ..