Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hrb87F
Description: Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein at 87F
Alias: CG12749, Dmel\CG12749, HRB87F, HRB87F/hrp36, HRP36, Hrb2, Hrb85CD, Hrb87Fa, Hrb87f, Hrp36, P11, P11/Hrb87F, Q14, Q16, hnRNP A2/B1, hnRNP36, hnRNPA1, hnRNPA1/A2, hnRNPA2, hrp36, p38, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein at 87F, CG12749-PA, CG12749-PC, CG12749-PD, CG12749-PE, Hrb87F-PA, Hrb87F-PC, Hrb87F-PD, Hrb87F-PE, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein at 85CD, hnRNA-binding protein 2
Species: fruit fly
- Mallik M, Lakhotia S. The developmentally active and stress-inducible noncoding hsromega gene is a novel regulator of apoptosis in Drosophila. Genetics. 2009;183:831-52 pubmed publisher..These observations add to the diversity of regulatory functions that the large noncoding RNAs carry out in the cells' life. ..
- Blanchette M, Green R, MacArthur S, Brooks A, Brenner S, Eisen M, et al. Genome-wide analysis of alternative pre-mRNA splicing and RNA-binding specificities of the Drosophila hnRNP A/B family members. Mol Cell. 2009;33:438-49 pubmed publisher..analysis of alternative splicing patterns regulated by four Drosophila homologs of the mammalian hnRNP A/B family (hrp36, hrp38, hrp40, and hrp48)...
- Rajendra T, Prasanth K, Lakhotia S. Male sterility associated with overexpression of the noncoding hsromega gene in cyst cells of testis of Drosophila melanogaster. J Genet. 2001;80:97-110 pubmed..Two of the hnRNPs, viz. HRB87F and Hrb57A, which are expressed in cyst cells, also formed large clusters in these cells in parallel with the ..
- Hovemann B, Reim I, Werner S, Katz S, Saumweber H. The protein Hrb57A of Drosophila melanogaster closely related to hnRNP K from vertebrates is present at sites active in transcription and coprecipitates with four RNA-binding proteins. Gene. 2000;245:127-37 pubmed..Hrb57A/Q18 specifically coprecipitates four other proteins: Hrb87F/P11 a Drosophila hnRNP A1 homologue, the hnRNA-binding protein S5, the RNA recognition motif-containing protein ..
- Prasanth K, Rajendra T, Lal A, Lakhotia S. Omega speckles - a novel class of nuclear speckles containing hnRNPs associated with noncoding hsr-omega RNA in Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 Pt 19:3485-97 pubmed..situ immunocytochemical staining using antibodies against heterogenous nuclear RNA binding proteins (hnRNPs) like HRB87F, Hrp40, Hrb57A and S5 revealed that, in all cell types, all the hnRNPs gave a diffuse staining of chromatin areas ..
- Amero S, Matunis M, Matunis E, Hockensmith J, Raychaudhuri G, Beyer A. A unique ribonucleoprotein complex assembles preferentially on ecdysone-responsive sites in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:5323-30 pubmed
- Zu K, Sikes M, Haynes S, Beyer A. Altered levels of the Drosophila HRB87F/hrp36 hnRNP protein have limited effects on alternative splicing in vivo. Mol Biol Cell. 1996;7:1059-73 pubmedThe Drosophila melanogaster genes Hrb87F and Hrb98DE encode the fly proteins HRB87F and HRB98DE (also known as hrp36 and hrp38, respectively) that are most similar in sequence and function to mammalian A/B-type hnRNP proteins...
- Wang J, Dong Z, Bell L. Sex-lethal interactions with protein and RNA. Roles of glycine-rich and RNA binding domains. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:22227-35 pubmed..proteins having similar glycine-rich domains, including mammalian heterogeneous nuclear (hn) RNP L and Drosophila Hrb87F (an hnRNP A/B homolog)...
- Singh A, Lakhotia S. Dynamics of hnRNPs and omega speckles in normal and heat shocked live cell nuclei of Drosophila melanogaster. Chromosoma. 2015;124:367-83 pubmed publisher..the dynamics of omega speckles and their associated proteins, we used live imaging of GFP tagged hnRNPs (Hrb87F, Hrb98DE, or Squid) in unstressed and stressed Drosophila cells...
- Kelley R. Initial organization of the Drosophila dorsoventral axis depends on an RNA-binding protein encoded by the squid gene. Genes Dev. 1993;7:948-60 pubmed..A model of D/V axis formation is presented postulating that squid is needed to organize a concentration gradient of a morphogen originating in the germinal vesicle. ..
- Manita D, Toba Y, Takakusagi Y, Matsumoto Y, Kusayanagi T, Takakusagi K, et al. Camptothecin (CPT) directly binds to human heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1 (hnRNP A1) and inhibits the hnRNP A1/topoisomerase I interaction. Bioorg Med Chem. 2011;19:7690-7 pubmed publisher..an in vivo drug evaluation assay using Drosophila melanogaster showed that the knockout of the hnRNP A1 homolog Hrb87F gene showed high susceptibility against 5-50 ?M of CPT as compared to a wild-type strain...
- Matunis E, Matunis M, Dreyfuss G. Characterization of the major hnRNP proteins from Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Biol. 1992;116:257-69 pubmed..These include the hnRNP proteins hrp36, hrp40, and hrp48, which together account for the major proteins of hnRNP complexes in D...
- Matunis M, Matunis E, Dreyfuss G. Isolation of hnRNP complexes from Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Biol. 1992;116:245-55 pubmed..J. Cell Biol. 116:257-269). The purification of D. melanogaster hnRNP complexes will facilitate genetic and cytological studies on the function of hnRNA-binding proteins and on the posttranscriptional regulation of gene expression. ..
- Hurt J, Obar R, Zhai B, Farny N, Gygi S, Silver P. A conserved CCCH-type zinc finger protein regulates mRNA nuclear adenylation and export. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:265-77 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a model wherein ZC3H3 interfaces between the polyadenylation machinery, newly poly(A) mRNAs, and factors for transcript export. ..
- Cugusi S, Kallappagoudar S, Ling H, Lucchesi J. The Drosophila Helicase Maleless (MLE) is Implicated in Functions Distinct From its Role in Dosage Compensation. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2015;14:1478-88 pubmed publisher..We have documented this association in selected examples that include the spliceosome complex, heterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoproteins involved in RNA Processing and in Heterochromatin Protein 1 deposition, and the NuRD complex. ..
- Singh A, Lakhotia S. The hnRNP A1 homolog Hrp36 is essential for normal development, female fecundity, omega speckle formation and stress tolerance in Drosophila melanogaster. J Biosci. 2012;37:659-78 pubmedHrp36/Hrb87F is one of the most abundant and well-characterized hnRNP A homolog in Drosophila and is shown to have roles in regulation of alternative splicing, heterochromatin formation, neurodegeneration, etc...
- Weeks J, Hardin S, Shen J, Lee J, Greenleaf A. Locus-specific variation in phosphorylation state of RNA polymerase II in vivo: correlations with gene activity and transcript processing. Genes Dev. 1993;7:2329-44 pubmed..Finally, using antibodies to hnRNP proteins and splicing components, we have discerned an apparent overall correlation between the presence and processing of nascent transcripts and the presence of Pol IIO. ..
- Saumweber H, Symmons P, Kabisch R, Will H, Bonhoeffer F. Monoclonal antibodies against chromosomal proteins of Drosophila melanogaster: establishment of antibody producing cell lines and partial characterization of corresponding antigens. Chromosoma. 1980;80:253-75 pubmed..The molecular weight of those antigens against which the monoclonal antibodies were directed was determined in SDS polyacrylamide gels. ..
- Raychaudhuri G, Haynes S, Beyer A. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein complexes and proteins in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:847-55 pubmed..We have previously identified two genes in Drosophila melanogaster, Hrb98DE and Hrb87F (i.e...
- Singh A, Lakhotia S. The hnRNP A1 homolog Hrb87F/Hrp36 is important for telomere maintenance in Drosophila melanogaster. Chromosoma. 2016;125:373-88 pubmed publisher..Cap prevents telomeric associations (TAs) and telomeric fusions (TFs). Our results suggest important roles of Hrb87F in telomeric HTT array and cap maintenance in Drosophila...
- Shukla A, Tapadia M. Differential localization and processing of apoptotic proteins in Malpighian tubules of Drosophila during metamorphosis. Eur J Cell Biol. 2011;90:72-80 pubmed publisher..These results provide first evidence in favor of differential activity of apoptotic proteins in Malpighian tubules. ..
- Onorati M, Lazzaro S, Mallik M, Ingrassia A, Carreca A, Singh A, et al. The ISWI chromatin remodeler organizes the hsr? ncRNA-containing omega speckle nuclear compartments. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002096 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight a novel role for chromatin remodelers in organization of nucleoplasmic compartments, providing the first example of interaction between an ATP-dependent chromatin remodeler and a large ncRNA. ..
- Amero S, Raychaudhuri G, Cass C, van Venrooij W, Habets W, Krainer A, et al. Independent deposition of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins and small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particles at sites of transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:8409-13 pubmed
- Turnage M, Brewer Jensen P, Bai W, Searles L. Arginine-rich regions mediate the RNA binding and regulatory activities of the protein encoded by the Drosophila melanogaster suppressor of sable gene. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8198-208 pubmed..Considering these and previous results, we propose that SU(S) binds to the 5' region of nascent transcripts and inhibits RNA production in a manner that can be overcome by splicing complex assembly. ..
- Tan H, Qurashi A, Poidevin M, Nelson D, Li H, Jin P. Retrotransposon activation contributes to fragile X premutation rCGG-mediated neurodegeneration. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:57-65 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of gypsy RNA by RNAi could suppress the neuronal toxicity caused by rCGG repeats. These data together point to a surprisingly active role for retrotransposition in neurodegeneration. ..
- He F, Krans A, Freibaum B, Taylor J, Todd P. TDP-43 suppresses CGG repeat-induced neurotoxicity through interactions with HnRNP A2/B1. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:5036-51 pubmed publisher..TDP-43-dependent rescue does, however, require fly hnRNP A2/B1 homologues Hrb87F and Hrb98DE...
- Yadav S, Tapadia M. Expression of polyQ aggregates in Malpighian tubules leads to degeneration in Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Biol. 2016;409:166-180 pubmed publisher..Distribution of heterogeneous RNA binding protein (hnRNP), HRB87F, Wnt/wingless and JNK signaling and expression of Relish was also found to be affected...
- Rasmussen M, Kellis M. Accurate gene-tree reconstruction by learning gene- and species-specific substitution rates across multiple complete genomes. Genome Res. 2007;17:1932-42 pubmed
- Dwivedi V, Anandan E, Mony R, Muraleedharan T, Valiathan M, Mutsuddi M, et al. In vivo effects of traditional Ayurvedic formulations in Drosophila melanogaster model relate with therapeutic applications. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37113 pubmed publisher..Thus, Drosophila, with its very rich genetic tools and well-worked-out developmental pathways promises to be a very good model for examining the cellular and molecular bases of the effects of different Ayurvedic formulations. ..
- Ring H, Lis J. The SR protein B52/SRp55 is essential for Drosophila development. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:7499-506 pubmed..The resulting deletion, B52(28), is confined to the B52 gene and its neighbor the Hrb87F gene. Second-instar larvae homozygous for the deletion are deficient in both B52 mRNA and protein...
- Romano M, Buratti E, Romano G, Klima R, Del Bel Belluz L, Stuani C, et al. Evolutionarily conserved heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) A/B proteins functionally interact with human and Drosophila TAR DNA-binding protein 43 (TDP-43). J Biol Chem. 2014;289:7121-30 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that hnRNP protein levels can play a modulatory role on TDP-43 functions. ..
- Hessle V, Bjork P, Sokolowski M, González de Valdivia E, Silverstein R, Artemenko K, et al. The exosome associates cotranscriptionally with the nascent pre-mRNP through interactions with heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:3459-70 pubmed publisher..Our results lead to a revised mechanistic model for cotranscriptional quality control in which the exosome is constantly recruited to newly synthesized RNAs through direct interactions with specific hnRNP proteins. ..
- Sofola O, Jin P, Qin Y, Duan R, Liu H, de Haro M, et al. RNA-binding proteins hnRNP A2/B1 and CUGBP1 suppress fragile X CGG premutation repeat-induced neurodegeneration in a Drosophila model of FXTAS. Neuron. 2007;55:565-71 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that hnRNP A2/B1 directly interacts with riboCGG repeats and that the CUGBP1 protein interacts with the riboCGG repeats via hnRNP A2/B1. ..
- Verma A, Sengupta S, Lakhotia S. DNApol-? gene is indispensable for the survival and growth of Drosophila melanogaster. Genesis. 2012;50:86-101 pubmed publisher..The first mutant allele of the DNApol-? gene will facilitate functional characterization of this enzyme in the genetically tractable Drosophila model. ..
- Li S, Zhang P, Freibaum B, Kim N, Kolaitis R, Molliex A, et al. Genetic interaction of hnRNPA2B1 and DNAJB6 in a Drosophila model of multisystem proteinopathy. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:936-50 pubmed publisher..These results indicate both genetic and physical interactions between disease-linked RBPs and DNAJB6/mrj, suggesting etiologic overlap between the pathogenesis of hIBM and LGMD initiated by mutations in hnRNPA2B1 and DNAJB6. ..
- Akanksha -, Mallik M, Fatima R, Lakhotia S. The hsromega(05241) allele of the noncoding hsromega gene of Drosophila melanogaster is not responsible for male sterility as reported earlier. J Genet. 2008;87:87-90 pubmed
- Pazman C, Mayes C, Fanto M, Haynes S, Mlodzik M. Rasputin, the Drosophila homologue of the RasGAP SH3 binding protein, functions in ras- and Rho-mediated signaling. Development. 2000;127:1715-25 pubmed..These data suggest that Rin is not a general component of polarity generation, but serves a function specific to Ras and RhoA signaling pathways. ..
- Burnette J, Hatton A, Lopez A. Trans-acting factors required for inclusion of regulated exons in the Ultrabithorax mRNAs of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1999;151:1517-29 pubmed..Deletion of at least five other loci caused significant reductions in the inclusion of mI and/or mII. Possible roles of identified factors are discussed in the context of the resplicing strategy for generation of alternative Ubx mRNAs. ..
- Peng X, Mount S. Genetic enhancement of RNA-processing defects by a dominant mutation in B52, the Drosophila gene for an SR protein splicing factor. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:6273-82 pubmed..Reversion of the B52ED dominant allele with X rays led to the isolation of a B52 null allele. Together, these results indicate a critical role for the SR protein B52 in pre-mRNA splicing in vivo. ..
- Sengupta S, Lakhotia S. Altered expressions of the noncoding hsromega gene enhances poly-Q-induced neurotoxicity in Drosophila. RNA Biol. 2006;3:28-35 pubmed..Null allele of Hrb87F gene, encoding hnRNPA1, and a novel gene's mutant allele (l(3)pl10(R)), which affects the omega speckles, also dominantly enhance 127Q-..
- Haynes S, Raychaudhuri G, Johnson D, Amero S, Beyer A. The Drosophila Hrb loci: a family of hnRNA binding proteins. Mol Biol Rep. 1990;14:93-4 pubmed
- Haynes S, Cooper M, Pype S, Stolow D. Involvement of a tissue-specific RNA recognition motif protein in Drosophila spermatogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2708-15 pubmed..Tsr is located on the third chromosome at 87F, adjacent to the nuclear pre-mRNA binding protein gene Hrb87F. A 1.7-kb Tsr transcript was expressed exclusively in the male germ line...
- Olson S, Blanchette M, Park J, Savva Y, Yeo G, Yeakley J, et al. A regulator of Dscam mutually exclusive splicing fidelity. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:1134-40 pubmed..Here we show that the heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein hrp36 acts specifically within, and throughout, the exon 6 cluster to prevent the inclusion of multiple exons...