Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hrb27C
Description: Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein at 27C
Alias: 10280, CG10377, Dmel\CG10377, HRB27C, HRP48, Hrb27-C, Hrb27c, Hrb48, Hrp48, Hrp48/Hrb27C, Ov5, RRM7, Rbp7, hnRNP27C, hnRNP48, hrb27, hrb27C, hrb27c, hrp48, l(2)02647, l(2)10280, l(2)2647, linha, p50, rrm7, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein at 27C, CG10377-PA, CG10377-PB, CG10377-PC, CG10377-PD, CG10377-PE, CG10377-PF, CG10377-PG, CG10377-PH, Hrb27C-PA, Hrb27C-PB, Hrb27C-PC, Hrb27C-PD, Hrb27C-PE, Hrb27C-PF, Hrb27C-PG, Hrb27C-PH, RNA-binding protein 7, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein, linha
Species: fruit fly
- Zimyanin V, Belaya K, Pecreaux J, Gilchrist M, Clark A, Davis I, et al. In vivo imaging of oskar mRNA transport reveals the mechanism of posterior localization. Cell. 2008;134:843-53 pubmed publisher..We also show that each component of the oskar mRNA complex plays a distinct role in particle formation and transport. ..
- Norvell A, Debec A, Finch D, Gibson L, Thoma B. Squid is required for efficient posterior localization of oskar mRNA during Drosophila oogenesis. Dev Genes Evol. 2005;215:340-9 pubmed..These results also place Sqd among an emerging class of proteins, including such other members as Bruno (Bru) and Hrb27C/Hrp48, which function in multiple aspects of both grk and osk mRNA regulation during Drosophila oogenesis.
- Clouse K, Ferguson S, Schupbach T. Squid, Cup, and PABP55B function together to regulate gurken translation in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2008;313:713-24 pubmed..These data also provide the first evidence of a link between the complex of commonly used trans-acting factors and Enc, a factor that is required for grk translation. ..
- Matunis E, Matunis M, Dreyfuss G. Characterization of the major hnRNP proteins from Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Biol. 1992;116:257-69 pubmed..These include the hnRNP proteins hrp36, hrp40, and hrp48, which together account for the major proteins of hnRNP complexes in D. melanogaster (Matunis et al...
- Geng C, Macdonald P. Imp associates with squid and Hrp48 and contributes to localized expression of gurken in the oocyte. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:9508-16 pubmed..and translational control of Drosophila melanogaster gurken and oskar mRNAs rely on the hnRNP proteins Squid and Hrp48, which are complexed with one another in the ovary...
- MacDonald P. Diversity in translational regulation. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2001;13:326-31 pubmed..Diversity seems to be a central feature of translational control, both in the mechanisms themselves and in the situations where this form of regulation is used. ..
- Castagnetti S, Ephrussi A. Orb and a long poly(A) tail are required for efficient oskar translation at the posterior pole of the Drosophila oocyte. Development. 2003;130:835-43 pubmed..We conclude that Orb-mediated cytoplasmic polyadenylation stimulates oskar translation to achieve the high levels of Oskar protein necessary for posterior patterning and germline differentiation. ..
- Dutta D, Paul M, Singh A, Mutsuddi M, Mukherjee A. Regulation of Notch Signaling by the Heterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein Hrp48 and Deltex in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2017;206:905-918 pubmed publisher..We identified Hrp48, a heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein in Drosophila, as a novel interacting partner of Deltex (Dx), a cytoplasmic modulator of ..
- Snee M, Macdonald P. Dynamic organization and plasticity of sponge bodies. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:918-30 pubmed publisher..Based on these and other results we propose a model for the relationship between P bodies and the various cytoplasmic bodies containing P body proteins in the Drosophila ovary. ..
- Chew S, Chen P, Link N, GALINDO K, Pogue K, Abrams J. Genome-wide silencing in Drosophila captures conserved apoptotic effectors. Nature. 2009;460:123-7 pubmed publisher..Similarly, the human Tango7 counterpart, PCID1 (also known as EIF3M), impinged on caspase 9, revealing a new regulatory axis affecting the apoptosome. ..
- Bruckert H, Marchetti G, Ramialison M, Besse F. Drosophila Hrp48 Is Required for Mushroom Body Axon Growth, Branching and Guidance. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136610 pubmed publisher..Here, we have investigated the role of Drosophila Hrp48, a fly homologue of mammalian hnRNP A2/B1, during central nervous system development...
- Vorbrüggen G, Onel S, Jackle H. Restricted expression and subnuclear localization of the Drosophila gene Dnop5, a member of the Nop/Sik family of the conserved rRNA processing factors. Mech Dev. 2000;90:305-8 pubmed..Maternal protein accumulates in the nucleolus of all cells in the early embryo, whereas DNop5 that is derived from zygotic mRNA, is restricted to the nuclei of muscles and midgut. ..
- Baxley R, Soshnev A, Koryakov D, Zhimulev I, Geyer P. The role of the Suppressor of Hairy-wing insulator protein in Drosophila oogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;356:398-410 pubmed publisher..2 and CP190, these proteins are not essential for oogenesis. These studies represent the first molecular investigations of Su(Hw) function in the germline, which uncover distinct requirements for Su(Hw) insulator and ovary functions. ..
- Serbus L, Ferreccio A, Zhukova M, McMorris C, Kiseleva E, Sullivan W. A feedback loop between Wolbachia and the Drosophila gurken mRNP complex influences Wolbachia titer. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:4299-308 pubmed publisher..This effect appears to be mediated by grk mRNA and its protein-binding partners Squid and Hrp48/Hrb27C, implicating the grk mRNA-protein (mRNP) complex as a rate-limiting host factor controlling Wolbachia titer...
- Labourier E, Adams M, Rio D. Modulation of P-element pre-mRNA splicing by a direct interaction between PSI and U1 snRNP 70K protein. Mol Cell. 2001;8:363-73 pubmed..These data show that the processing of specific target transcripts, such as the P-element mRNA, is regulated by a functional PSI-U1 snRNP interaction in Drosophila. ..
- Hazelrigg T. Lost in translation gets an oskar. Dev Cell. 2004;6:611-3 pubmed..New results show that the Drosophila heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) Hrp48 contributes to coordinated RNA localization and translational control in oocytes.
- Smith C, Valcarcel J. Alternative pre-mRNA splicing: the logic of combinatorial control. Trends Biochem Sci. 2000;25:381-8 pubmed..Its modulation is achieved through the combinatorial interplay of positive and negative regulatory signals present in the RNA, which are recognized by complexes composed of members of the hnRNP and SR protein families. ..
- Ritson G, Custer S, Freibaum B, Guinto J, Geffel D, Moore J, et al. TDP-43 mediates degeneration in a novel Drosophila model of disease caused by mutations in VCP/p97. J Neurosci. 2010;30:7729-39 pubmed publisher..We suggest that these findings are likely relevant to the pathogenic mechanism of a broad array of TDP-43 proteinopathies, including frontotemporal lobar degeneration and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. ..
- Creagh E, Brumatti G, Sheridan C, Duriez P, Taylor R, Cullen S, et al. Bicaudal is a conserved substrate for Drosophila and mammalian caspases and is essential for cell survival. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5055 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that bicaudal/betaNAC is essential for cell survival and is a conserved target of caspases from flies to man. ..
- Gabut M, Déjardin J, Tazi J, Soret J. The SR family proteins B52 and dASF/SF2 modulate development of the Drosophila visual system by regulating specific RNA targets. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3087-97 pubmed
- Ryu Y, Macdonald P. RNA sequences required for the noncoding function of oskar RNA also mediate regulation of Oskar protein expression by Bicoid Stability Factor. Dev Biol. 2015;407:211-23 pubmed publisher..Although the C region of the osk 3' UTR is required for the noncoding function, BSF binding does not appear to be essential for that function. ..
- Vorbrüggen G, Onel S, Jackle H. Localized expression of the Drosophila gene Dxl6, a novel member of the serine/arginine rich (SR) family of splicing factors. Mech Dev. 2000;90:309-12 pubmed..Dxl6 is located on the second chromosome in a position next to hrp48 and Dwee1...
- Price D, Rabinovitch S, O Farrell P, Campbell S. Drosophila wee1 has an essential role in the nuclear divisions of early embryogenesis. Genetics. 2000;155:159-66 pubmed..These findings imply that inhibitory phosphorylation of Cdk1 by Dwee1 is required for proper regulation of the early syncytial cycles of embryogenesis. ..
- Castagnetti S, Hentze M, Ephrussi A, Gebauer F. Control of oskar mRNA translation by Bruno in a novel cell-free system from Drosophila ovaries. Development. 2000;127:1063-8 pubmed..The approach that we describe opens new avenues to investigate translational regulation in Drosophila oogenesis at a biochemical level. ..
- Gautier J, Lomakina M, Bouslama Oueghlani L, Derivery E, Beilinson H, Faigle W, et al. Clathrin is required for Scar/Wave-mediated lamellipodium formation. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:3414-27 pubmed publisher..Together these data suggest that, in addition to its classical role in membrane trafficking, CHC brings the SWC to the plasma membrane, thereby controlling lamellipodium formation. ..
- Amero S, Matunis M, Matunis E, Hockensmith J, Raychaudhuri G, Beyer A. A unique ribonucleoprotein complex assembles preferentially on ecdysone-responsive sites in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:5323-30 pubmed..in situ to RNase digestion and by the immunopurification of PEP in Drosophila cell extract with heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) complexes...
- Burnette J, Hatton A, Lopez A. Trans-acting factors required for inclusion of regulated exons in the Ultrabithorax mRNAs of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1999;151:1517-29 pubmed..Inclusion of the cassette exons in Ubx mRNAs was reduced strongly in heterozygotes for hypomorphic alleles of hrp48, which encodes a member of the hnRNP A/B family and is implicated in control of P-element splicing...
- Mathieu J, Sung H, Pugieux C, Soetaert J, Rorth P. A sensitized PiggyBac-based screen for regulators of border cell migration in Drosophila. Genetics. 2007;176:1579-90 pubmed..Mutations in genes not previously described to be required in border cells were also uncovered: hrp48, vir, rme-8, kismet, and puckered...
- Olson S, Blanchette M, Park J, Savva Y, Yeo G, Yeakley J, et al. A regulator of Dscam mutually exclusive splicing fidelity. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:1134-40 pubmed..Here we show that the heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein hrp36 acts specifically within, and throughout, the exon 6 cluster to prevent the inclusion of ..
- Siebel C, Admon A, Rio D. Soma-specific expression and cloning of PSI, a negative regulator of P element pre-mRNA splicing. Genes Dev. 1995;9:269-83 pubmed..Notably, PSI is expressed highly in somatic embryonic nuclei but is undetectable in germ-line cells. In contrast, hrp48, another protein implicated in somatic inhibition, is found in the nucleus and cytoplasm of both tissues...
- Blanchette M, Green R, MacArthur S, Brooks A, Brenner S, Eisen M, et al. Genome-wide analysis of alternative pre-mRNA splicing and RNA-binding specificities of the Drosophila hnRNP A/B family members. Mol Cell. 2009;33:438-49 pubmed publisher..patterns regulated by four Drosophila homologs of the mammalian hnRNP A/B family (hrp36, hrp38, hrp40, and hrp48)...
- Amarasinghe A, MacDiarmid R, Adams M, Rio D. An in vitro-selected RNA-binding site for the KH domain protein PSI acts as a splicing inhibitor element. RNA. 2001;7:1239-53 pubmed
- Weeks J, Hardin S, Shen J, Lee J, Greenleaf A. Locus-specific variation in phosphorylation state of RNA polymerase II in vivo: correlations with gene activity and transcript processing. Genes Dev. 1993;7:2329-44 pubmed..Finally, using antibodies to hnRNP proteins and splicing components, we have discerned an apparent overall correlation between the presence and processing of nascent transcripts and the presence of Pol IIO. ..
- Suissa Y, Kalifa Y, Dinur T, Graham P, Deshpande G, Schedl P, et al. Hrp48 attenuates Sxl expression to allow for proper notch expression and signaling in wing development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:6930-5 pubmed publisher..Here, we uncover a regulatory loop involving Hrp48, an abundant Drosophila hnRNP, Sxl and N...
- Blanchette M, Green R, Brenner S, Rio D. Global analysis of positive and negative pre-mRNA splicing regulators in Drosophila. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1306-14 pubmed..and identified the alternative splice events controlled by four splicing regulators: dASF/SF2, B52/SRp55, hrp48, and PSI...
- Kim Y, Baker B. Isolation of RRM-type RNA-binding protein genes and the analysis of their relatedness by using a numerical approach. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:174-83 pubmed..On the basis of this observation, the RRMs can be divided into three groups: a heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein type, a splicing regulator type, and a development-specific factor type...
- Siebel C, Kanaar R, Rio D. Regulation of tissue-specific P-element pre-mRNA splicing requires the RNA-binding protein PSI. Genes Dev. 1994;8:1713-25 pubmed..We identify the 50-kD protein as hrp48, a protein similar to the mammalian splicing factor hnRNP A1, and show that hrp48 recognizes specific nucleotides ..
- Samuels M, Bopp D, Colvin R, Roscigno R, Garcia Blanco M, Schedl P. RNA binding by Sxl proteins in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:4975-90 pubmed..After prolonged heat shock, all Sxl protein was restricted to the heat-induced puff at the hs93D locus. In contrast, a presumptive small nuclear RNP protein was observed at several heat puffs following shock. ..
- Klusza S, Deng W. poly is required for nurse-cell chromosome dispersal and oocyte polarity in Drosophila. Fly (Austin). 2010;4:128-36 pubmed..Mutations in several genes, including the heterogeneous ribonucleoprotein genes squid (sqd) and hrb27C, the alternative splicing factor gene poly U binding factor 68 kDa (pUf68, also known as half-pint), and the germ-..
- Kalifa Y, Armenti S, Gavis E. Glorund interactions in the regulation of gurken and oskar mRNAs. Dev Biol. 2009;326:68-74 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Glorund is part of a complex containing the hnRNP protein Hrp48 and the splicing factor Half-pint and plays a role both in mRNA localization and nurse cell chromosome ..
- Deshpande G, Samuels M, Schedl P. Sex-lethal interacts with splicing factors in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:5036-47 pubmed..This model helps explain how the Sxl protein is able to promote the sex-specific splicing of Sxl transcripts, utilizing target sequences that are distant from the regulated splice sites. ..
- Röttgen G, Wagner T, Hinz U. A genetic screen for elements of the network that regulates neurogenesis in Drosophila. Mol Gen Genet. 1998;257:442-51 pubmed..Besides mutations in genes expected to modify the phenotype, we have isolated mutations in six genes not known so far to be involved in neurogenesis. ..
- Siebel C, Fresco L, Rio D. The mechanism of somatic inhibition of Drosophila P-element pre-mRNA splicing: multiprotein complexes at an exon pseudo-5' splice site control U1 snRNP binding. Genes Dev. 1992;6:1386-401 pubmed
- Campbell S, Sprenger F, Edgar B, O Farrell P. Drosophila Wee1 kinase rescues fission yeast from mitotic catastrophe and phosphorylates Drosophila Cdc2 in vitro. Mol Biol Cell. 1995;6:1333-47 pubmed..This result may indicate that maternally provided Dwee1 is sufficient for regulating Cdc2 during embryogenesis, or it may reflect the presence of a redundant Cdc2 inhibitory kinase, as in fission yeast. ..
- Jansen R, Niessing D. Assembly of mRNA-protein complexes for directional mRNA transport in eukaryotes--an overview. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2012;13:284-93 pubmed..We will highlight general themes and differences, point to similarities in other model systems, and raise open questions that might be answered in the coming years. ..
- Hilgers V, Lemke S, Levine M. ELAV mediates 3' UTR extension in the Drosophila nervous system. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2259-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that this mechanism for coordinating 3' UTR extension may be generally used in a variety of cellular processes. ..
- McDermott S, Meignin C, Rappsilber J, Davis I. Drosophila Syncrip binds the gurken mRNA localisation signal and regulates localised transcripts during axis specification. Biol Open. 2012;1:488-97 pubmed publisher..We propose that Syncrip/SYNCRIP is part of a conserved complex associated with localised transcripts and required for their correct translational regulation in flies and mammals. ..
- Thomson T, Liu N, Arkov A, Lehmann R, Lasko P. Isolation of new polar granule components in Drosophila reveals P body and ER associated proteins. Mech Dev. 2008;125:865-73 pubmed publisher..Our recovery of ER associated proteins TER94 and ME31B confirms that polar granules are closely linked to the translational machinery and to mRNP assembly. ..