Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hr39
Description: Hormone receptor-like in 39
Alias: CG8676, DHR30, DHR39, DHR39/Ftz-F1beta, Dmel\CG8676, EP(2)2490, FTZ-F1B, FTZ-F1beta, HR39, NR5B1, betaFTZ-E1, dFTZ-F1beta, fs(2)04443, fs(2)neo8, ftz-F1beta, ftz-f1beta, i70, hormone receptor-like in 39, CG8676-PA, CG8676-PB, CG8676-PC, CG8676-PD, Hr39-PA, Hr39-PB, Hr39-PC, Hr39-PD, NR5A-class nuclear hormone receptor, fs(2)04443, fs(2)neo8, hormone receptor like in 39
Species: fruit fly
- Spradling A, Bellen H, Hoskins R. Drosophila P elements preferentially transpose to replication origins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:15948-53 pubmed publisher..The advantage transposons gain by moving from replicated to unreplicated genomic regions may contribute to the association of heterochromatin with late-replicating genomic regions. ..
- Dej K, Spradling A. The endocycle controls nurse cell polytene chromosome structure during Drosophila oogenesis. Development. 1999;126:293-303 pubmed
- Baehrecke E. Ecdysone signaling cascade and regulation of Drosophila metamorphosis. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 1996;33:231-44 pubmed..The regulation and function of these genes is discussed in the context of the cell- and tissue-specific changes required for the reorganization of a larva to form an adult fly. ..
- Thummel C. From embryogenesis to metamorphosis: the regulation and function of Drosophila nuclear receptor superfamily members. Cell. 1995;83:871-7 pubmed
- Thummel C. Dueling orphans--interacting nuclear receptors coordinate Drosophila metamorphosis. Bioessays. 1997;19:669-72 pubmed..This study provides a biological function for orphan receptor interactions during development. ..
- Richards G, Da Lage J, Huet F, Ruiz C. The acquisition of competence to respond to ecdysone in Drosophila is transcript specific. Mech Dev. 1999;82:131-9 pubmed..Furthermore these inhibitors lead to the induction of betaFTZ-F1 and E93 transcripts at levels normally found in prepupal glands. These studies reveal the complexity of the processes underlying the establishment of a hormonal response. ..
- Horn C, Offen N, Nystedt S, Hacker U, Wimmer E. piggyBac-based insertional mutagenesis and enhancer detection as a tool for functional insect genomics. Genetics. 2003;163:647-61 pubmed..This indicates that piggyBac will greatly facilitate the intended saturation mutagenesis in Drosophila. ..
- Jayanandanan N, Gavis E, Riechmann V, Leptin M. A genetic in vivo system to detect asymmetrically distributed RNA. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:1167-74 pubmed publisher..A pilot screen in a highly polarized, differentiated cell in the Drosophila larva, the branched terminal cell of the tracheal system, demonstrates the feasibility of the method for identifying new asymmetrically localized mRNAs in vivo. ..
- Gates J, Lam G, Ortiz J, Losson R, Thummel C. rigor mortis encodes a novel nuclear receptor interacting protein required for ecdysone signaling during Drosophila larval development. Development. 2004;131:25-36 pubmed..Furthermore, the dynamic intracellular redistribution of Rig protein suggests that it may act to refine spatial and temporal responses to ecdysone during development. ..
- Boulanger A, Farge M, Ramanoudjame C, Wharton K, Dura J. Drosophila motor neuron retraction during metamorphosis is mediated by inputs from TGF-?/BMP signaling and orphan nuclear receptors. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40255 pubmed publisher..encoding the steroid hormone receptor required for postsynaptic dismantling, is under the control of the ftz-f1/Hr39 orphan nuclear receptor pathway but not the TGF-? signaling pathway...
- Sun J, Spradling A. Ovulation in Drosophila is controlled by secretory cells of the female reproductive tract. elife. 2013;2:e00415 pubmed publisher..Knocking down expression after adult eclosion of the nuclear hormone receptor Hr39, a master regulator of gland development, slowed ovulation and blocked sperm storage...
- Abramov Y, Shatskikh A, Maksimenko O, Bonaccorsi S, Gvozdev V, Lavrov S. The Differences Between Cis- and Trans-Gene Inactivation Caused by Heterochromatin in Drosophila. Genetics. 2016;202:93-106 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that trans-inactivation is followed by de novo HP1a accumulation in the affected transgene; trans-inactivation is specifically favored by the chromatin remodeler SAYP and prevented by Argonaute AGO2. ..
- Horner M, Chen T, Thummel C. Ecdysteroid regulation and DNA binding properties of Drosophila nuclear hormone receptor superfamily members. Dev Biol. 1995;168:490-502 pubmed..We show here that two members of the Drosophila nuclear hormone receptor superfamily, DHR3 and DHR39, are rapidly induced by 20E, in parallel with the early regulatory genes...
- Dobie K, Kennedy C, Velasco V, McGrath T, Weko J, Patterson R, et al. Identification of chromosome inheritance modifiers in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2001;157:1623-37 pubmed
- Yu Y, Yussa M, Song J, Hirsch J, Pick L. A double interaction screen identifies positive and negative ftz gene regulators and ftz-interacting proteins. Mech Dev. 1999;83:95-105 pubmed..The DIS should be a generally useful method to identify DNA binding transcriptional regulators and protein partners of previously characterized DNA binding proteins. ..
- Prokupek A, Kachman S, Ladunga I, Harshman L. Transcriptional profiling of the sperm storage organs of Drosophila melanogaster. Insect Mol Biol. 2009;18:465-75 pubmed publisher..Differences in functional gene categories indicate that these organs play unique roles in sperm storage. ..
- Takemoto K, Kuranaga E, Tonoki A, Nagai T, Miyawaki A, Miura M. Local initiation of caspase activation in Drosophila salivary gland programmed cell death in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:13367-72 pubmed..These results imply a role of betaFTZ-F1 in coordinating the initiation of salivary gland apoptosis in development. ..
- Potier D, Seyres D, Guichard C, Iché Torres M, Aerts S, Herrmann C, et al. Identification of cis-regulatory modules encoding temporal dynamics during development. BMC Genomics. 2014;15:534 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results suggest a modular architecture of the regulatory machinery, in which the temporal and spatial regulation can be uncoupled and encoded by distinct CRMs. ..
- Wilk R, Hu J, Krause H. Spatial profiling of nuclear receptor transcription patterns over the course of Drosophila development. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:1177-89 pubmed publisher..These patterns will serve as a useful reference for future studies on the tissue-specific roles and interactions of nuclear receptor proteins, partners, cofactors and ligands. ..
- Segraves W. Steroid receptors and orphan receptors in Drosophila development. Semin Cell Biol. 1994;5:105-13 pubmed..This has suggested a number of models based on competitive, cooperative and inter-regulatory interactions between these proteins. ..
- Ohno C, Ueda H, Petkovich M. The Drosophila nuclear receptors FTZ-F1 alpha and FTZ-F1 beta compete as monomers for binding to a site in the fushi tarazu gene. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:3166-75 pubmed..These data suggest that FTZ-F1 alpha and FTZ-F1 beta likely coregulate common target genes by competition for binding to a 9-bp recognition element. ..
- Akagi K, Kageyama Y, Kayashima Y, Takakura Y, Hirose S, Ueda H. The binding of multiple nuclear receptors to a single regulatory region is important for the proper expression of EDG84A in Drosophila melanogaster. J Mol Biol. 2013;425:71-81 pubmed publisher..We show that the three nuclear receptors ?FTZ-F1, DHR3, and DHR39 bind to a common element in the EDG84A promoter...
- Henrich V, Brown N. Insect nuclear receptors: a developmental and comparative perspective. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 1995;25:881-97 pubmed..As receptor homologues have been identified in other insects, several general ideas concerning insect hormonal regulation have begun to emerge and these will be examined from a comparative point of view. ..
- ZIRIN J, Cheng D, Dhanyasi N, Cho J, Dura J, Vijayraghavan K, et al. Ecdysone signaling at metamorphosis triggers apoptosis of Drosophila abdominal muscles. Dev Biol. 2013;383:275-84 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that the orphan nuclear receptor FTZ-F1, opposed by another nuclear receptor, HR39, plays a critical role in the timing of DEOM histolysis...
- Ohno C, Petkovich M. FTZ-F1 beta, a novel member of the Drosophila nuclear receptor family. Mech Dev. 1993;40:13-24 pubmed..Furthermore, the identification of FTZ-F1 beta as a nuclear receptor family member suggests that an as yet undiscovered FTZ-F1 beta specific ligand is involved in Drosophila development. ..
- Ayer S, Walker N, Mosammaparast M, Nelson J, Shilo B, Benyajati C. Activation and repression of Drosophila alcohol dehydrogenase distal transcription by two steroid hormone receptor superfamily members binding to a common response element. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:1619-27 pubmed..We have identified a second steroid receptor superfamily member, DHR39, which also binds to this site. DHR39 is expressed throughout development in transcripts of several sizes...
- Crispi S, Giordano E, D Avino P, Furia M. Cross-talking among Drosophila nuclear receptors at the promiscuous response element of the ng-1 and ng-2 intermolt genes. J Mol Biol. 1998;275:561-74 pubmed..bp, and that this element may interact efficiently with at least three Drosophila orphan receptors, namely DHR38, DHR39 and beta FTZ-F1...
- Maglich J, Sluder A, Guan X, Shi Y, McKee D, Carrick K, et al. Comparison of complete nuclear receptor sets from the human, Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila genomes. Genome Biol. 2001;2:RESEARCH0029 pubmed..This work provides the basis for new insights into the evolution and functional relationships of NR superfamily members. ..
- Boulanger A, Clouet Redt C, Farge M, Flandre A, Guignard T, Fernando C, et al. ftz-f1 and Hr39 opposing roles on EcR expression during Drosophila mushroom body neuron remodeling. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:37-44 pubmed publisher..of the steroid hormone receptor EcR-B1, whose activity is essential for ? remodeling, and represses expression of Hr39, an ftz-f1 homologous gene...
- Fisk G, Thummel C. Isolation, regulation, and DNA-binding properties of three Drosophila nuclear hormone receptor superfamily members. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:10604-8 pubmed..The 20E receptor can bind to each of the sequences recognized by DHR78 and DHR96, indicating that these proteins may compete with the receptor for binding to a common set of target sequences. ..