Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hr38
Description: Hormone receptor-like in 38
Alias: 38E.3, 38E.7, CG1864, DHR38, Dhr38, Dmel\CG1864, HR38, NR4A4, dHR38, hr38, l(2)02306, hormone receptor-like in 38, CG1864-PB, CG1864-PD, Hr38-PB, Hr38-PD, hormone receptor 38
Species: fruit fly
- Baker K, Shewchuk L, Kozlova T, Makishima M, Hassell A, Wisely B, et al. The Drosophila orphan nuclear receptor DHR38 mediates an atypical ecdysteroid signaling pathway. Cell. 2003;113:731-42 pubmed..We provide evidence for a second ecdysteroid signaling pathway mediated by DHR38, the Drosophila ortholog of the mammalian NGFI-B subfamily of orphan nuclear receptors...
- Bruey Sedano N, Alabouvette J, Lestradet M, Hong L, Girard A, Gervasio E, et al. The Drosophila ACP65A cuticle gene: deletion scanning analysis of cis-regulatory sequences and regulation by DHR38. Genesis. 2005;43:17-27 pubmed..Gain and loss of function studies also implicate DHR38, the Drosophila homolog of the vertebrate NGFI-B-type nuclear receptors, as an important activator of the ACP65A ..
- Johnston D, Sedkov Y, Petruk S, Riley K, Fujioka M, Jaynes J, et al. Ecdysone- and NO-mediated gene regulation by competing EcR/Usp and E75A nuclear receptors during Drosophila development. Mol Cell. 2011;44:51-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a mechanism for sequential modulation of gene expression during development by competing nuclear receptors and their effector molecules, ecdysone and NO. ..
- Beck Y, Delaporte C, Moras D, Richards G, Billas I. The ligand-binding domains of the three RXR-USP nuclear receptor types support distinct tissue and ligand specific hormonal responses in transgenic Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2009;330:1-11 pubmed publisher..This in vivo approach should lead to a better understanding of the modes of action of USP and the identification of transcriptional cofactors essential for its function. ..
- Busser B, Lin Y, Yang Y, Zhu J, Chen G, Michelson A. An Orthologous Epigenetic Gene Expression Signature Derived from Differentiating Embryonic Stem Cells Identifies Regulators of Cardiogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0141066 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results show that orthologous gene expression signatures can be used to identify conserved cardiogenic pathways. ..
- Cui H, Lestradet M, Bruey Sedano N, Charles J, Riddiford L. Elucidation of the regulation of an adult cuticle gene Acp65A by the transcription factor Broad. Insect Mol Biol. 2009;18:421-9 pubmed publisher..Drosophila hormone receptor-like 38 (DHR38) is required for Acp65A expression...
- Privalsky M. Activation incarnate. Dev Cell. 2003;5:1-2 pubmedThree new publications reveal that the nuclear receptors LRH-1, DHR38, and Nurr1 can assume active conformations in the absence of a ligand agonist. These reports help elucidate how transcriptional regulators are themselves regulated.
- Thummel C. From embryogenesis to metamorphosis: the regulation and function of Drosophila nuclear receptor superfamily members. Cell. 1995;83:871-7 pubmed
- Crispi S, Giordano E, D Avino P, Furia M. Cross-talking among Drosophila nuclear receptors at the promiscuous response element of the ng-1 and ng-2 intermolt genes. J Mol Biol. 1998;275:561-74 pubmed..by 12 bp, and that this element may interact efficiently with at least three Drosophila orphan receptors, namely DHR38, DHR39 and beta FTZ-F1...
- Dressel U, Thormeyer D, Altincicek B, Paululat A, Eggert M, Schneider S, et al. Alien, a highly conserved protein with characteristics of a corepressor for members of the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:3383-94 pubmed..These properties, taken together, show that Alien has the characteristics of a corepressor. Thus, Alien represents a member of a novel class of corepressors specific for selected members of the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily. ..
- Adewoye A, Kyriacou C, Tauber E. Identification and functional analysis of early gene expression induced by circadian light-resetting in Drosophila. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:570 pubmed publisher..The analysis suggests multiple domains and pathways that might be associated with light entrainment, including a mechanism that was represented by a light-activated set of chromatin remodelling genes. ..
- Davis M, Yang P, Chen L, O Keefe S, Hodgetts R. The orphan nuclear receptor DHR38 influences transcription of the DOPA decarboxylase gene in epidermal and neural tissues of Drosophila melanogaster. Genome. 2007;50:1049-60 pubmed..In this paper, we show that another member of the nuclear receptor superfamily, DHR38, may act as a repressor of epidermal Ddc while inducing Ddc expression in neuronal cells...
- Bielska K, Seliga J, Wieczorek E, Kedracka Krok S, Niedenthal R, Ozyhar A. Alternative sumoylation sites in the Drosophila nuclear receptor Usp. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;132:227-38 pubmed publisher..Another heterodimerization partner of Usp - HR38 fused with Ubc9 interacts with Usp in HEK293 cells and allows sumoylation of Usp independent of the direct fusion ..
- Zoglowek A, Orłowski M, Pakuła S, Dutko Gwozdz J, Pajdzik D, Gwozdz T, et al. The composite nature of the interaction between nuclear receptors EcR and DHR38. Biol Chem. 2012;393:457-71 pubmed publisher..sufficient to form EcR complexes with nuclear receptors other than Usp, we studied the interaction of EcR with the DHR38 nuclear receptor...
- Fujita N, Nagata Y, Nishiuchi T, Sato M, Iwami M, Kiya T. Visualization of neural activity in insect brains using a conserved immediate early gene, Hr38. Curr Biol. 2013;23:2063-70 pubmed publisher..Here, we identified Hr38 as a novel IEG that is transiently expressed in the male silkmoth Bombyx mori by female odor stimulation...
- Baker K, Warren J, Thummel C, Gilbert L, Mangelsdorf D. Transcriptional activation of the Drosophila ecdysone receptor by insect and plant ecdysteroids. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2000;30:1037-43 pubmed..of the compounds tested had a significant effect on the activity of three Drosophila orphan nuclear receptors: DHR38, DHR78 or DHR96...
- Kozlova T, Thummel C. Steroid regulation of postembryonic development and reproduction in Drosophila. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2000;11:276-80 pubmed..The ecdysteroid hierarchy was also shown recently to regulate Drosophila oogenesis and reproduction. ..
- Dubrovsky E, Dubrovskaya V, Bernardo T, Otte V, Difilippo R, Bryan H. The Drosophila FTZ-F1 nuclear receptor mediates juvenile hormone activation of E75A gene expression through an intracellular pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33689-700 pubmed publisher..We propose that FTZ-F1 functions as a competence factor by loading JH signaling components to the promoter, thus facilitating the direct regulation of E75A gene expression by JH. ..
- Sutherland J, Kozlova T, Tzertzinis G, Kafatos F. Drosophila hormone receptor 38: a second partner for Drosophila USP suggests an unexpected role for nuclear receptors of the nerve growth factor-induced protein B type. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:7966-70 pubmed..Herein we describe Drosophila hormone receptor 38 (DHR38) and Bombyx hormone receptor 38 (BHR38), two insect homologues of rat nerve growth factor-induced ..
- Wilk R, Hu J, Krause H. Spatial profiling of nuclear receptor transcription patterns over the course of Drosophila development. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:1177-89 pubmed publisher..These patterns will serve as a useful reference for future studies on the tissue-specific roles and interactions of nuclear receptor proteins, partners, cofactors and ligands. ..
- Buescher J, Musselman L, Wilson C, Lang T, Keleher M, Baranski T, et al. Evidence for transgenerational metabolic programming in Drosophila. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:1123-32 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that nutritional programming mechanisms could be highly conserved and support the use of Drosophila as a model for evaluating the underlying genetic and epigenetic contributions to this phenomenon. ..
- Sekine Y, Takagahara S, Hatanaka R, Watanabe T, Oguchi H, Noguchi T, et al. p38 MAPKs regulate the expression of genes in the dopamine synthesis pathway through phosphorylation of NR4A nuclear receptors. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:3006-16 pubmed publisher..This p38-dependent melanization was attenuated by knockdown of TH and Ddc, as well as by that of Drosophila HR38, a member of the NR4A family of nuclear receptors...
- Kozlova T, Pokholkova G, Tzertzinis G, Sutherland J, Zhimulev I, Kafatos F. Drosophila hormone receptor 38 functions in metamorphosis: a role in adult cuticle formation. Genetics. 1998;149:1465-75 pubmedb>DHR38 is a member of the steroid receptor superfamily in Drosophila homologous to the vertebrate NGFI-B-type orphan receptors...
- Komonyi O, Mink M, Csiha J, Maroy P. Genomic organization of DHR38 gene in Drosophila: presence of Alu-like repeat in a translated exon and expression during embryonic development. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 1998;38:185-92 pubmedThe recombinant lambda clone 4-2 containing the genomic region of the Drosophila hormone receptor 38 (DHR 38) gene, homologous to mammalian neuronal growth factor I-B (NGFI-B), was isolated by radioactive labelled oligonucleotide ..
- Kuranaga E, Kanuka H, Tonoki A, Takemoto K, Tomioka T, Kobayashi M, et al. Drosophila IKK-related kinase regulates nonapoptotic function of caspases via degradation of IAPs. Cell. 2006;126:583-96 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that DmIKKvarepsilon is a determinant of DIAP1 protein levels and that it establishes the threshold of activity required for the execution of nonapoptotic caspase functions...
- Dziedzic Letka A, Rymarczyk G, Kapłon T, Gorecki A, Szamborska Gbur A, Wojtas M, et al. Intrinsic disorder of Drosophila melanogaster hormone receptor 38 N-terminal domain. Proteins. 2011;79:376-92 pubmed publisherDrosophila hormone receptor 38 (dHR38), an ortholog of the vertebrate NR4A subclass of nuclear receptors, responds to ecdysteroids, which mediate developmental transitions during the Drosophila life cycle...
- Kozlova T, Lam G, Thummel C. Drosophila DHR38 nuclear receptor is required for adult cuticle integrity at eclosion. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:701-7 pubmed publisherb>DHR38 is the only Drosophila member of the NR4A subclass of vertebrate nuclear receptors, which have been implicated in multiple biological pathways, including neuronal function, apoptosis, and metabolism...
- Maglich J, Sluder A, Guan X, Shi Y, McKee D, Carrick K, et al. Comparison of complete nuclear receptor sets from the human, Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila genomes. Genome Biol. 2001;2:RESEARCH0029 pubmed..This work provides the basis for new insights into the evolution and functional relationships of NR superfamily members. ..
- Gritzan U, Weiss C, Brennecke J, Bohmann D. Transrepression of AP-1 by nuclear receptors in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 2002;115:91-100 pubmed..A potential role of nuclear receptors in setting a threshold of AP-1 activity required for the manifestation of a cellular response is discussed. ..