Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hira
Alias: CG12153, Dhh, Dmel\CG12153, HIRA, dHira, dhira, hira, ssm, hira, CG12153-PA, Hira-PA, drosophila hira homolog, drosophila homolog of HIRA, sesame
Species: fruit fly
- Konev A, Tribus M, Park S, Podhraski V, Lim C, Emelyanov A, et al. CHD1 motor protein is required for deposition of histone variant H3.3 into chromatin in vivo. Science. 2007;317:1087-90 pubmed..Furthermore, CHD1, but not ISWI, interacts with HIRA in cytoplasmic extracts...
- Bonnefoy E, Orsi G, Couble P, Loppin B. The essential role of Drosophila HIRA for de novo assembly of paternal chromatin at fertilization. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:1991-2006 pubmed..By studying a point mutant allele of the Drosophila Hira gene, we previously showed that HIRA, a conserved replication-independent chromatin assembly factor, was essential ..
- Kirov N, Shtilbans A, Rushlow C. Isolation and characterization of a new gene encoding a member of the HIRA family of proteins from Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 1998;212:323-32 pubmed..Here, we describe a new member of the HIRA family, Dhh, for the Drosophila homolog of HIRA ...
- Chahda J, Sousa Neves R, Mizutani C. Variation in the dorsal gradient distribution is a source for modified scaling of germ layers in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2013;23:710-6 pubmed publisher..We propose that variation in mesodermal size occurs at a fast evolutionary rate and is an important mechanism to define the ventral boundary of the neuroectoderm...
- MuÃ±oz Soriano V, Santos D, Durupt F, Casani S, Paricio N. Scabrous overexpression in the eye affects R3/R4 cell fate specification and inhibits notch signaling. Dev Dyn. 2016;245:166-74 pubmed publisher..We also found that microtubule motors and other proteins involved in intracellular transport are related with Sca function. ..
- Meyer R, Algazeery A, Capri M, Brazier H, Ferry C, AÃ¯t Ahmed O. Drosophila Yemanuclein associates with the cohesin and synaptonemal complexes. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:4658-66 pubmed publisher..3 chaperone in complex with Hira. We report here that Yem associates with the synaptonemal complex and the cohesin complex...
- Zheng Y, Ren P, Wang J, Wang Y. Wolbachia-induced cytoplasmic incompatibility is associated with decreased Hira expression in male Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19512 pubmed publisher..simulans which display differential levels of CI using quantitative RT-PCR. We show that Hira expression is correlated with the induction of CI and occurs in a sex-specific manner...
- Erickson J, Quintero J. Indirect effects of ploidy suggest X chromosome dose, not the X:A ratio, signals sex in Drosophila. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e332 pubmed..Our findings reiterate that correlations between X:A ratios and cell fates in other organisms need not implicate the value of the ratio as an active signal. ..
- Di Talia S, She R, Blythe S, Lu X, Zhang Q, Wieschaus E. Posttranslational control of Cdc25 degradation terminates Drosophila's early cell-cycle program. Curr Biol. 2013;23:127-32 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that posttranslational control of Twine degradation ensures that the proper number of mitoses precede the MBT. ..
- Orsi G, Algazeery A, Meyer R, Capri M, Sapey Triomphe L, Horard B, et al. Drosophila Yemanuclein and HIRA cooperate for de novo assembly of H3.3-containing nucleosomes in the male pronucleus. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003285 pubmed publisher..We had previously shown that the histone H3.3 chaperone HIRA plays a central role for paternal chromatin assembly in Drosophila...
- Nakayama T, Shimojima T, Hirose S. The PBAP remodeling complex is required for histone H3.3 replacement at chromatin boundaries and for boundary functions. Development. 2012;139:4582-90 pubmed publisher..3 replacement in conjunction with H3.3-specific chaperone HIRA at chromatin boundaries to counteract the spreading of silent chromatin...
- Chen W, Shih H, Liu K, Liu K, Shih Z, Chen L, et al. Intellectual disability-associated dBRWD3 regulates gene expression through inhibition of HIRA/YEM-mediated chromatin deposition of histone H3.3. EMBO Rep. 2015;16:528-38 pubmed publisher..Replication-independent deposition of the histone H3.3 variant by the HIRA complex is a prominent nucleosome replacement mechanism affecting gene transcription, especially in postmitotic ..
- Levine M, Vander Wende H, Malik H. Mitotic fidelity requires transgenerational action of a testis-restricted HP1. elife. 2015;4:e07378 pubmed publisher..Instead, paternal action during spermiogenesis exerts post-fertilization control to ensure faithful chromosome segregation in the embryo. ..
- Mukai M, Hayashi Y, Kitadate Y, Shigenobu S, Arita K, Kobayashi S. MAMO, a maternal BTB/POZ-Zn-finger protein enriched in germline progenitors is required for the production of functional eggs in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 2007;124:570-83 pubmed..We propose that maternal MAMO activates downstream genes to promote specialized morphological changes of both female meiotic chromosomes and the sperm nucleus, which are critical in zygote formation. ..
- Sadasivam D, Huang D. Maintenance of Tissue Pluripotency by Epigenetic Factors Acting at Multiple Levels. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005897 pubmed publisher..experiments revealed that the active state of Hox genes is maintained substantially longer in mutants deficient for HIRA, a chaperone for the H3.3 variant. In addition, both HIRA and H3...
- Farrell J, O Farrell P. Mechanism and regulation of Cdc25/Twine protein destruction in embryonic cell-cycle remodeling. Curr Biol. 2013;23:118-26 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we show that this destruction is triggered by the nucleocytoplasmic ratio-dependent onset of zygotic transcription of tribbles and other unknown genes. ..
- Schneiderman J, Orsi G, Hughes K, Loppin B, Ahmad K. Nucleosome-depleted chromatin gaps recruit assembly factors for the H3.3 histone variant. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:19721-6 pubmed publisher..We find that the Xnp chromatin remodeler and the Hira histone chaperone independently bind nucleosome-depleted chromatin...