Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hel25E
Description: Helicase at 25E
Alias: CG7269, Dbp25F, DmRH4, Dmel\CG7269, HEL, HEL25E, Hel, UAP56, WM6, Wm6, hel, jf26, l(2)25Eb, l(2)gdh-12, l(2)gdh12, l(2)jf26, l(2)k11511, uap56, helicase at 25E, CG7269-PA, CG7269-PB, CG7269-PC, CG7269-PD, Hel25E-PA, Hel25E-PB, Hel25E-PC, Hel25E-PD, RNA helicase, helicase, lethal(2)25Eb
Species: fruit fly
- Coolon J, Webb W, Wittkopp P. Sex-specific effects of cis-regulatory variants in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 2013;195:1419-22 pubmed publisher..Here we show that sex-specific effects of cis-regulatory variants are common in Drosophila...
- Boltengagen M, Huang A, Boltengagen A, Trixl L, Lindner H, Kremser L, et al. A novel role for the histone acetyltransferase Hat1 in the CENP-A/CID assembly pathway in Drosophila melanogaster. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:2145-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results point toward intriguing analogies between the complex processing pathways of newly synthesized CENP-A and canonical histones. ..
- Eisen A, Sattah M, Gazitt T, Neal K, Szauter P, Lucchesi J. A novel DEAD-box RNA helicase exhibits high sequence conservation from yeast to humans. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1397:131-6 pubmed..DBP80 is a member of a subclass of DEAD-box proteins that contains a distinct domain, PX(I/R)ILLKR(E/D)EETLEGIKQ(F/Y)(F/Y), in addition to the seven canonical helicase domains.
- Petersen S, Fetter R, Noordermeer J, Goodman C, DiAntonio A. Genetic analysis of glutamate receptors in Drosophila reveals a retrograde signal regulating presynaptic transmitter release. Neuron. 1997;19:1237-48 pubmed..Thus, a decrease in postsynaptic receptors leads to an increase in presynaptic transmitter release, indicating that postsynaptic activity controls a retrograde signal that regulates presynaptic function. ..
- Gesellchen V, Kuttenkeuler D, Steckel M, Pelte N, Boutros M. An RNA interference screen identifies Inhibitor of Apoptosis Protein 2 as a regulator of innate immune signalling in Drosophila. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:979-84 pubmed..Our results indicate that IAP gene family members may have acquired other functions, such as the regulation of the tumour necrosis factor-like IMD pathway during innate immune responses. ..
- Barbosa I, Haque N, Fiorini F, Barrandon C, Tomasetto C, Blanchette M, et al. Human CWC22 escorts the helicase eIF4AIII to spliceosomes and promotes exon junction complex assembly. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:983-90 pubmed publisher..Sequence-independent binding of the EJC core to RNA is ensured by the DEAD-box helicase eIF4AIII. Here, we identified the splicing factor CWC22 as a new eIF4AIII partner in flies and humans...
- Kotarski M, Pickert S, MacIntyre R. A cytogenetic analysis of the chromosomal region surrounding the alpha-glycerophosphate dehydrogenase locus of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1983;105:371-86 pubmed..The 43 lethal mutations specify 17 lethal loci. alpha Gpdh has been localized to a single polytene chromosome band, 25F5, and there apparently are no lethals that map to the alpha Gpdh locus. ..
- Abramov Y, Shatskikh A, Maksimenko O, Bonaccorsi S, Gvozdev V, Lavrov S. The Differences Between Cis- and Trans-Gene Inactivation Caused by Heterochromatin in Drosophila. Genetics. 2016;202:93-106 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that trans-inactivation is followed by de novo HP1a accumulation in the affected transgene; trans-inactivation is specifically favored by the chromatin remodeler SAYP and prevented by Argonaute AGO2. ..
- Warbrick E, Glover D. A Drosophila gene encoding a DEAD box RNA helicase can suppress loss of wee1/mik1 function in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Gen Genet. 1994;245:654-7 pubmed..It is possible that the RNA helicase described here may regulate entry into mitosis by down regulating the expression of other genes whose activity ..
- Gatfield D, Izaurralde E. REF1/Aly and the additional exon junction complex proteins are dispensable for nuclear mRNA export. J Cell Biol. 2002;159:579-88 pubmedThe metazoan proteins UAP56, REF1, and NXF1 are thought to bind sequentially to mRNA to promote its export to the cytoplasm: UAP56 is thought to recruit REF1 to nascent mRNA; REF1 acts as an adaptor protein mediating the association of ..
- Yamamoto Hino M, Kanie Y, Awano W, Aoki Kinoshita K, Yano H, Nishihara S, et al. Identification of genes required for neural-specific glycosylation using functional genomics. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001254 pubmed publisher..This first large-scale genetic screen for glycosylation-related genes has revealed novel regulation of fucTA mRNA in neural cells. ..
- Katzenberger R, Marengo M, Wassarman D. Control of alternative splicing by signal-dependent degradation of splicing-regulatory proteins. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:10737-46 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CPT-induced TAF1 alternative splicing occurs through ATR-signaled degradation of a subset of splicing-regulatory proteins. ..
- Eberl D, Lorenz L, Melnick M, Sood V, Lasko P, Perrimon N. A new enhancer of position-effect variegation in Drosophila melanogaster encodes a putative RNA helicase that binds chromosomes and is regulated by the cell cycle. Genetics. 1997;146:951-63 pubmed..We have identified a new enhancer of variegation locus, Dmrnahel (hel). Deletion of mutation of hel enhances white variegation, and this can be reversed by a transformed copy of hel+...
- Zhang Z, Wang J, Schultz N, Zhang F, Parhad S, Tu S, et al. The HP1 homolog rhino anchors a nuclear complex that suppresses piRNA precursor splicing. Cell. 2014;157:1353-63 pubmed publisher..Rhino colocalizes to germline nuclear foci with Rai1/DXO-related protein Cuff and the DEAD box protein UAP56, which are also required for germline piRNA production...