Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: He
Alias: CG31770, Dmel\CG31770, hem, hemese, CG31770-PB, CG31770-PC, He-PB, He-PC, gustav, hemes
Species: fruit fly
- Minakhina S, Druzhinina M, Steward R. Zfrp8, the Drosophila ortholog of PDCD2, functions in lymph gland development and controls cell proliferation. Development. 2007;134:2387-96 pubmed..The overproliferation of cells in the lymph gland results in abnormal hemocyte differentiation. ..
- Marshall K, Sinclair B. Repeated stress exposure results in a survival-reproduction trade-off in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Biol Sci. 2010;277:963-9 pubmed publisher..Given that many environments are not static, this trade-off indicates that investigating the effects of repeated stress exposure is important for understanding and predicting physiological responses in the wild. ..
- Pragya P, Shukla A, Murthy R, Abdin M, Kar Chowdhuri D. Over-expression of superoxide dismutase ameliorates Cr(VI) induced adverse effects via modulating cellular immune system of Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e88181 pubmed publisher..melanogaster to examine the possible effects of environmental chemicals on innate immunity which can be extrapolated to higher organisms due to evolutionary conservation of innate immune system between Drosophila and mammals. ..
- Stofanko M, Kwon S, Badenhorst P. Lineage tracing of lamellocytes demonstrates Drosophila macrophage plasticity. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14051 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that lamellocytes arise from plasmatocytes and that plasmatocytes may be inherently plastic, possessing the ability to differentiate further into lamellocytes upon appropriate challenge. ..
- Heger A, Ponting C. Evolutionary rate analyses of orthologs and paralogs from 12 Drosophila genomes. Genome Res. 2007;17:1837-49 pubmed..Duplications were significantly more frequent among trypsin-like proteases and DM8 putative lipid-binding domain proteins. ..
- Pastor Pareja J, Wu M, Xu T. An innate immune response of blood cells to tumors and tissue damage in Drosophila. Dis Model Mech. 2008;1:144-54; discussion 153 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal common mechanisms in the response to tumors and wounds in flies. A similar innate reaction may underlie the response to tumors and tissue damage in vertebrates and humans. ..
- Honti V, Cinege G, Csordás G, Kurucz E, Zsámboki J, Evans C, et al. Variation of NimC1 expression in Drosophila stocks and transgenic strains. Fly (Austin). 2013;7:263-6 pubmed publisher..By means of these procedures or using the recombined stock, NimC1 can be used as a marker for phagocytic cells in the majority of the possible genetic backgrounds. ..
- Sinenko S, Kim E, Wynn R, Manfruelli P, Ando I, Wharton K, et al. Yantar, a conserved arginine-rich protein is involved in Drosophila hemocyte development. Dev Biol. 2004;273:48-62 pubmed..Ytr function has been preserved in evolution as hematopoietic specific expression of the Drosophila or mouse Ytr proteins rescue the differentiation defects in mutant hemocytes. ..
- Broderick S, Wang X, Simms N, Page McCaw A. Drosophila Ninjurin A induces nonapoptotic cell death. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44567 pubmed publisher..In cell culture, NijA also induced cell death, which appeared to be cell autonomous. These in vivo studies identify a new role for the Ninjurin family in inducing nonapoptotic cell death. ..
- Minakhina S, Steward R. Melanotic mutants in Drosophila: pathways and phenotypes. Genetics. 2006;174:253-63 pubmed..Our results show that the phenotype of each mutant not only reflects its connection to a particular genetic pathway but also points to the tissue-specific role of the individual gene. ..
- Bidla G, Dushay M, Theopold U. Crystal cell rupture after injury in Drosophila requires the JNK pathway, small GTPases and the TNF homolog Eiger. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:1209-15 pubmed..Our results provide a more comprehensive view of immune signal transduction pathways, with implications for immune reactions where cell death is used as a terminal mode of cell activation. ..
- Woodcock K, Kierdorf K, Pouchelon C, Vivancos V, Dionne M, Geissmann F. Macrophage-derived upd3 cytokine causes impaired glucose homeostasis and reduced lifespan in Drosophila fed a lipid-rich diet. Immunity. 2015;42:133-44 pubmed
- Anderl I, Vesala L, Ihalainen T, Vanha aho L, Ando I, Ramet M, et al. Transdifferentiation and Proliferation in Two Distinct Hemocyte Lineages in Drosophila melanogaster Larvae after Wasp Infection. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005746 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that lamellocyte differentiation upon wasp parasitism is a plastic and dynamic process. Flow cytometry with in vivo hemocyte reporters can be used to study this phenomenon in detail. ..
- Kiger J, Natzle J, Kimbrell D, Paddy M, Kleinhesselink K, Green M. Tissue remodeling during maturation of the Drosophila wing. Dev Biol. 2007;301:178-91 pubmed..We conclude that an epithelial-mesenchymal transition is responsible for epithelial delamination and dissolution. ..