Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HDAC4
Description: Histone deacetylase 4
Alias: CG1770, DHDAC4, Dmel\CG1770, GC1770, HDAC, HDAC4a, dHDAC4, dmHDA405, hdac4, histone deacetylase 4, CG1770-PB, CG1770-PD, CG1770-PE, CG1770-PF, CG1770-PG, CG1770-PH, CG1770-PI, CG1770-PJ, HDAC4-PB, HDAC4-PD, HDAC4-PE, HDAC4-PF, HDAC4-PG, HDAC4-PH, HDAC4-PI, HDAC4-PJ
Species: fruit fly
- Fitzsimons H. The Class IIa histone deacetylase HDAC4 and neuronal function: Nuclear nuisance and cytoplasmic stalwart?. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2015;123:149-58 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have revealed that Class IIa HDAC family member HDAC4 contributes essential functions to synaptic plasticity and memory as well as other neurological processes...
- Barlow A, van Drunen C, Johnson C, Tweedie S, Bird A, Turner B. dSIR2 and dHDAC6: two novel, inhibitor-resistant deacetylases in Drosophila melanogaster. Exp Cell Res. 2001;265:90-103 pubmed..Consistent with this, recombinant dHDAC1 coimmunoprecipitates with components of the Drosophila NuRD complex and dHDAC3 with an as yet unknown 45-kDa protein. ..
- Xie L, Ng C, Ali T, Valencia R, Ferreira B, Xue V, et al. Multiscale modeling of the causal functional roles of nsSNPs in a genome-wide association study: application to hypoxia. BMC Genomics. 2013;14 Suppl 3:S9 pubmed publisher..network levels allows us to identify driver mutations and their interactions (epistasis) in H, Rad51D, Ulp1, Wnt5, HDAC4, Sol, Dys, GalNAc-T2, and CG33714 genes, all of which are involved in the up-regulation of Notch and Gurken/EGFR ..
- Ronen R, Udpa N, Halperin E, Bafna V. Learning natural selection from the site frequency spectrum. Genetics. 2013;195:181-93 pubmed publisher..We further apply our test to human data and identify regions that are in agreement with earlier studies, as well as many novel regions. ..
- Lai E. Developmental signaling: shrimp and strawberries help flies make cones. Curr Biol. 2002;12:R722-4 pubmed..A new study has revealed a serial linkage between them, via Ebi and Strawberry Notch, which is important in determining the cone cell fate in the Drosophila eye. ..
- Pallos J, Bodai L, Lukacsovich T, Purcell J, Steffan J, Thompson L, et al. Inhibition of specific HDACs and sirtuins suppresses pathogenesis in a Drosophila model of Huntington's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:3767-75 pubmed publisher..disease (HD) is associated with transcriptional dysregulation, and multiple studies with histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitors suggest that global approaches for restoring transcriptional balance and appropriate protein ..
- Feller C, FornÃ© I, Imhof A, Becker P. Global and specific responses of the histone acetylome to systematic perturbation. Mol Cell. 2015;57:559-71 pubmed publisher..Conceivably, the acetylation level is adjusted to maintain the global charge neutralization of chromatin and the stability of nuclei. ..
- Miotto B, Sagnier T, Bérenger H, Bohmann D, Pradel J, Graba Y. Chameau HAT and DRpd3 HDAC function as antagonistic cofactors of JNK/AP-1-dependent transcription during Drosophila metamorphosis. Genes Dev. 2006;20:101-12 pubmed..This study establishes a direct link among JNK signaling, DFos phosphorylation, chromatin modification, and AP-1-dependent transcription and its importance in a developing organism. ..