Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: halo
Alias: CG7428, Dmel\CG7428, halo, CG7428-PB, halo-PB
Species: fruit fly
- Syed Z, Pelletier J, Flounders E, Chitolina R, Leal W. Generic insect repellent detector from the fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17705 pubmed publisher..We have also identified the insect repellent-sensitive receptor, DmOr42a. This generic detector fulfils the requirements for a simplified bioassay for early screening of test insect repellents. ..
- Sung H, Spangenberg S, Vogt N, Großhans J. Number of nuclear divisions in the Drosophila blastoderm controlled by onset of zygotic transcription. Curr Biol. 2013;23:133-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that activation of zygotic gene expression is the trigger that determines the timely and concerted cell-cycle pause and cellularization. ..
- Arora G, Tran S, Rizzo N, Jain A, Welte M. Temporal control of bidirectional lipid-droplet motion in Drosophila depends on the ratio of kinesin-1 and its co-factor Halo. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:1416-28 pubmed publisher..and identify the crucial contribution of the previously identified, but poorly characterized, transacting regulator Halo. In particular, we find that Halo is transiently expressed; rising and falling Halo levels control the switches in ..
- Bonneaud N, Savare J, Berta P, Girard F. SNCF, a SoxNeuro interacting protein, defines a novel protein family in Drosophila melanogaster. Gene. 2003;319:33-41 pubmed..Finally, data are presented showing the existence in Drosophila of several proteins with a domain of homology to SNCF, which are all expressed early in embryogenesis at the blastoderm stage. ..
- Yu Y, Li Z, Rizzo N, Einstein J, Welte M. Targeting the motor regulator Klar to lipid droplets. BMC Cell Biol. 2011;12:9 pubmed publisher..Our analysis demonstrates that droplet targeting of Klar occurs via a cis-acting sequence and generates a new tool for monitoring lipid droplets in living tissues of Drosophila. ..
- Fernandez Gonzalez R, Zallen J. Oscillatory behaviors and hierarchical assembly of contractile structures in intercalating cells. Phys Biol. 2011;8:045005 pubmed publisher..We discuss models to explain how the architecture of cytoskeletal networks regulates their contractile behavior and the mechanisms that give rise to oscillatory cell behaviors in intercalating cells...