Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GstD2
Description: Glutathione S transferase D2
Alias: CG4181, DmGST21, DmGSTD2, Dmel\CG4181, GST, GST D2, GST-D2, GSTD2, Gst, GstD21, Gstd21, gst D21, gstD2, gstD21, gstd2, gstd21, glutathione S transferase D2, CG4181-PA, GstD2-PA, glutathione S transferase D21, glutathione-S-transferase D2
Species: fruit fly
- Kim J, Jang W, Lee H, Park E, Kim C. Neurodegeneration of Drosophila drop-dead mutants is associated with hypoxia in the brain. Genes Brain Behav. 2012;11:177-84 pubmed publisher..Feeding of anti-reactive oxygen species agents partially rescue the drd from sudden death. We propose that drd flies can provide a non-invasive animal model for hypoxia-induced cell death. ..
- Singh S, Coronella J, Benes H, Cochrane B, Zimniak P. Catalytic function of Drosophila melanogaster glutathione S-transferase DmGSTS1-1 (GST-2) in conjugation of lipid peroxidation end products. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:2912-23 pubmedDrosophila melanogaster glutathione S-transferase DmGSTS1-1 (earlier designated as GST-2) is related to sigma class GSTs and was previously described as an indirect flight muscle-associated protein with no known catalytic properties...
- Kim G, Lee Y, Lee G, Cho Y, Lee Y, Jang Y, et al. Overexpression of malic enzyme in the larval stage extends Drosophila lifespan. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;456:676-82 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that metabolic changes mediated by Men during development might be related to the control of ROS tolerance and the longevity of Drosophila. ..
- Wang S, Gao Y, Song X, Ma X, Zhu X, Mao Y, et al. Wnt signaling-mediated redox regulation maintains the germ line stem cell differentiation niche. elife. 2015;4:e08174 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study has revealed a novel strategy for Wnt signaling in regulating the cellular redox state and maintaining the differentiation niche. ..
- Akgül B, Tu C. Pentobarbital-mediated regulation of alternative polyadenylation in Drosophila glutathione S-transferase D21 mRNAs. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4027-33 pubmedTwo nearly identical, gstD21(L) and gstD21(S) mRNAs, whose polyadenylation sites differ by 19 nucleotides, are transcribed from the intronless glutathione S-transferase D21 gene in Drosophila...
- Gonsalves S, Moses A, Razak Z, Robert F, Westwood J. Whole-genome analysis reveals that active heat shock factor binding sites are mostly associated with non-heat shock genes in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e15934 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Drosophila HSF may be regulating many genes besides the known HS genes and that some of these genes may be regulated during non-stress conditions. ..
- Toung Y, Hsieh T, Tu C. The glutathione S-transferase D genes. A divergently organized, intronless gene family in Drosophila melanogaster. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:9737-46 pubmed..These genes, designated gst Ds in the glutathione S-transferase gene superfamily, are closely linked within a approximately 60-kilobase DNA ..
- Akgül B, Tu C. Evidence for a stabilizer element in the untranslated regions of Drosophila glutathione S-transferase D1 mRNA. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:34700-7 pubmedThe neighboring genes gstD1 and gstD21 share 70% sequence identity. gstD1 encodes a 1,1,1-trichloro-2,2-bis-(P-chlorophenyl)ethane dehydrochlorinase; gstD21, a ligandin...
- Tang A, Tu C. Pentobarbital-induced changes in Drosophila glutathione S-transferase D21 mRNA stability. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:13819-25 pubmed..The GST D1 protein level is four times as abundant as the GST D21 protein...
- List O, Togawa T, Tsuda M, Matsuo T, Elard L, Aigaki T. Overexpression of grappa encoding a histone methyltransferase enhances stress resistance in Drosophila. Hereditas. 2009;146:19-28 pubmed publisher..We investigated whether gpp overexpression induced anti-oxidant genes, Catalase, Sod, Sod2, GstD2, dhd, TrxT and Trx-2. However, none of these genes was induced...