Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: grau
Alias: CG3282, CG33133, Dmel\CG33133, grauzone, CG33133-PA, grau-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Zolotarev N, Maksimenko O, Shidlovskii Y, Georgiev P, Bonchuk A. [Translation elongation factor EF1?1 interacts with ZAD domains of transcription factors from Drosophila melanogaster]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2016;50:1014-1019 pubmed publisher..Efficient binding of ZADs from the proteins Grau, ZIPIC, and Zw5 to the translation elongation factor EF1?1 in nuclear and cytoplasmic extracts has been ..
- Cook K, Murphy T, Nguyen T, Karpen G. Identification of trans-acting genes necessary for centromere function in Drosophila melanogaster using centromere-defective minichromosomes. Genetics. 1997;145:737-47 pubmed..The results presented in this study strongly suggest that dominant genetic interactions between mutations and centromere-defective minichromosomes could be used effectively to identify novel genes necessary for centromere function. ..
- Chung H, Löhr U, Jackle H. Lineage-specific expansion of the zinc finger associated domain ZAD. Mol Biol Evol. 2007;24:1934-43 pubmed
- Rivera Pomar R, Jackle H. From gradients to stripes in Drosophila embryogenesis: filling in the gaps. Trends Genet. 1996;12:478-83 pubmed..Recent progress has begun to reveal the mechanisms by which coherent positional information of maternal origin becomes transferred into serially repeated zygotic gene expression domains reflecting the metameric body plan of the larva. ..
- Thomsen S, Anders S, Janga S, Huber W, Alonso C. Genome-wide analysis of mRNA decay patterns during early Drosophila development. Genome Biol. 2010;11:R93 pubmed publisher..Our data also provide a valuable resource for further experimental and computational studies investigating the process of mRNA decay. ..
- Chen B, Chu T, Harms E, Gergen J, Strickland S. Mapping of Drosophila mutations using site-specific male recombination. Genetics. 1998;149:157-63 pubmed..we describe the general method and its application to the mapping of two EMS-induced female-sterile mutations, grauzone and cortex...
- Hake L, Richter J. Translational regulation of maternal mRNA. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1332:M31-8 pubmed
- Jauch R, Bourenkov G, Chung H, Urlaub H, Reidt U, Jackle H, et al. The zinc finger-associated domain of the Drosophila transcription factor grauzone is a novel zinc-coordinating protein-protein interaction module. Structure. 2003;11:1393-402 pubmed..Here we present the crystal structure of the ZAD of Grauzone (ZAD(Grau)), a Drosophila transcription factor that specifically controls the maternal Cdc20-like APC subunit ..
- Whitfield Z, Chisholm J, Hawley R, Orr Weaver T. A meiosis-specific form of the APC/C promotes the oocyte-to-embryo transition by decreasing levels of the Polo kinase inhibitor matrimony. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001648 pubmed publisher..These data indicate APC(Cort) ubiquitylates Mtrm at the oocyte-to-embryo transition, thus preventing excessive inhibition of Polo kinase activity due to Mtrm's presence. ..
- Renault A, Zhang X, Alphey L, Frenz L, Glover D, Saunders R, et al. giant nuclei is essential in the cell cycle transition from meiosis to mitosis. Development. 2003;130:2997-3005 pubmed..Ovarian death and sterility result from gnu gain of function. gnu function requires the activity of pan gu and plu. ..