Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Grasp65
Alias: CG7809, Dmel\CG7809, GRASP, GRASP65, dGRASP, dGrasp65, dgrasp, Grasp65, CG7809-PA, Grasp65-PA
Species: fruit fly
- Kaido M, Wada H, Shindo M, Hayashi S. Essential requirement for RING finger E3 ubiquitin ligase Hakai in early embryonic development of Drosophila. Genes Cells. 2009;14:1067-77 pubmed publisher..No increase of E-cadherin, however, was observed. Regulation of multiple target proteins under control of Hakai is, therefore, essential for early embryonic morphogenesis in Drosophila. ..
- Wang Z, Rabouille C, Geisbrecht E. Loss of a Clueless-dGRASP complex results in ER stress and blocks Integrin exit from the perinuclear endoplasmic reticulum in Drosophila larval muscle. Biol Open. 2015;4:636-48 pubmed publisher..Conversely, RNAi knockdown of the Drosophila Golgi reassembly and stacking protein GRASP55/65 (dGRASP) recapitulates clu defects, including the abnormal accumulation of Î±PS2 and larval locomotor activity...
- Kondylis V, Spoorendonk K, Rabouille C. dGRASP localization and function in the early exocytic pathway in Drosophila S2 cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4061-72 pubmed..recruits all the necessary molecules to form a Golgi stack, including the Golgi matrix proteins, p115, GM130, and GRASP65/55...
- Pollarolo G, Schulz J, Munck S, Dotti C. Cytokinesis remnants define first neuronal asymmetry in vivo. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:1525-33 pubmed publisher..This is, to our knowledge, the first molecular study of initial neuronal polarization in vivo. The mechanisms of polarization seem to be defined at the precursor stage. ..
- Chinta R, Tan J, Wasser M. The study of muscle remodeling in Drosophila metamorphosis using in vivo microscopy and bioimage informatics. BMC Bioinformatics. 2012;13 Suppl 17:S14 pubmed publisher..Our methodology can easily be scaled up for genome-wide genetic screens using readily available resources for RNAi based gene silencing in Drosophila and other animal models. ..
- Gross G, Lone G, Leung L, Hartenstein V, Guo M. X11/Mint genes control polarized localization of axonal membrane proteins in vivo. J Neurosci. 2013;33:8575-86 pubmed publisher..Since X11/Mint binds to APP, and abnormal trafficking of APP contributes to Alzheimer's disease, deregulation of X11/Mint may be important for Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis. ..
- Albertson R, Cao J, Hsieh T, Sullivan W. Vesicles and actin are targeted to the cleavage furrow via furrow microtubules and the central spindle. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:777-90 pubmed publisher..Transport of F-actin-associated vesicles on furrow MTs and the central spindle is thus an important mechanism by which actin and membrane are delivered to the cleavage furrow. ..
- Zacharogianni M, Aguilera Gomez A, Veenendaal T, Smout J, Rabouille C. A stress assembly that confers cell viability by preserving ERES components during amino-acid starvation. elife. 2014;3: pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that the formation of these structures is a novel stress response mechanism to provide cell viability during and after nutrient stress. ..
- Jansen A, Nassel D, Madsen K, Jung A, Gether U, Kjaerulff O. PICK1 expression in the Drosophila central nervous system primarily occurs in the neuroendocrine system. J Comp Neurol. 2009;517:313-32 pubmed publisher..At the subcellular level, PICK1 was found in the perinuclear zone but surprisingly not in synaptic domains. We conclude that PICK1 may serve an important role in the neuroendocrine system both in insects and vertebrates. ..
- Pirone L, Smaldone G, Esposito C, Balasco N, Petoukhov M, Spilotros A, et al. Proteins involved in sleep homeostasis: Biophysical characterization of INC and its partners. Biochimie. 2016;131:106-114 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we also demonstrated and quantified the ability of INC to recognize its potential partners Cul3 and dGRASP. Taking into account the molecular organization of the protein, these two partners may be anchored simultaneously...