Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GM130
Description: Golgi matrix protein 130 kD
Alias: CG11061, Dmel\CG11061, GM-130, dGM130, dgm130, golgi matrix protein 130 kD, CG11061-PA, GM130-PA, dGM130, golgi matrix protein 130 kD ortholog
Species: fruit fly
- Schotman H, Karhinen L, Rabouille C. dGRASP-mediated noncanonical integrin secretion is required for Drosophila epithelial remodeling. Dev Cell. 2008;14:171-82 pubmed publisher..We speculate that this mechanism might be used during development as a means of targeting a specific subset of transmembrane proteins to the plasma membrane. ..
- Yano H, Yamamoto Hino M, Abe M, Kuwahara R, Haraguchi S, Kusaka I, et al. Distinct functional units of the Golgi complex in Drosophila cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:13467-72 pubmed..We propose that the different localizations among distinct Golgi units of molecules involved in glycosylation underlie the diversity of glycan modification. ..
- Vardanyan A, Atanesyan L, Egli D, Raja S, Steinmann Zwicky M, Renkawitz Pohl R, et al. Dumpy-30 family members as determinants of male fertility and interaction partners of metal-responsive transcription factor 1 (MTF-1) in Drosophila. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:68 pubmed publisher..The results from these studies reveal an inhibitory effect of Dpy-30L1 on MTF-1 and an essential role for Dpy-30L2 in male fertility. ..
- Zhou W, Chang J, Wang X, Savelieff M, Zhao Y, Ke S, et al. GM130 is required for compartmental organization of dendritic golgi outposts. Curr Biol. 2014;24:1227-33 pubmed publisher..The Golgi structural protein GM130 is responsible for connecting distinct Golgi compartments in soma and dendritic branch points, and the specific ..
- Kitazawa D, Yamaguchi M, Mori H, Inoue Y. COPI-mediated membrane trafficking is required for cytokinesis in Drosophila male meiotic divisions. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3649-60 pubmed..Thus, we propose that COPI plays an important role in Drosophila male meiosis, not only through vesicle transport to the cleavage furrow region, but also through the formation of ER-based structures. ..
- Yasuno Y, Kawano J, Inoue Y, Yamamoto M. Distribution and morphological changes of the Golgi apparatus during Drosophila spermatogenesis. Dev Growth Differ. 2013;55:635-47 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the dynamic nature of the Golgi during spermatogenesis and provide a framework for analyzing the correlations between the dynamics of the Golgi and its function in sperm development. ..
- Zhang L, Ten Hagen K. Dissecting the biological role of mucin-type O-glycosylation using RNA interference in Drosophila cell culture. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:34477-84 pubmed publisher..Our work provides new information regarding the biological roles of O-glycosylation and illustrates a new platform for interrogating the cellular and subcellular effects of this form of post-translational modification. ..
- Yano H, Yamamoto Hino M, Goto S. Spatial and temporal regulation of glycosylation during Drosophila eye development. Cell Tissue Res. 2009;336:137-47 pubmed publisher..These glycans, whose expression is dynamically regulated in a spatial and temporal manner, may therefore play critical roles in ommatidial development. ..
- Lerner D, McCoy D, Isabella A, Mahowald A, Gerlach G, Chaudhry T, et al. A Rab10-dependent mechanism for polarized basement membrane secretion during organ morphogenesis. Dev Cell. 2013;24:159-68 pubmed publisher..Significantly, Tango1 and Rab10 are also planar polarized at the basal epithelial surface. We propose that the spatial control of BM production along two tissue axes promotes exocytic efficiency, BM remodeling, and organ morphogenesis...
- Forrest S, Chai A, Sanhueza M, Marescotti M, Parry K, Georgiev A, et al. Increased levels of phosphoinositides cause neurodegeneration in a Drosophila model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:2689-704 pubmed publisher..These data underscore the importance of DVAP-Sac1 interaction in controlling phosphoinositide metabolism and provide mechanistic evidence for a crucial role of phosphoinositide levels in VAP-induced ALS. ..
- Ismat A, Cheshire A, Andrew D. The secreted AdamTS-A metalloprotease is required for collective cell migration. Development. 2013;140:1981-93 pubmed publisher..Our analysis of AdamTS-A function in the SG suggests a novel role for ADAMTS proteins in detaching cells from the apical ECM, facilitating tube elongation during collective cell migration. ..
- Wang S, Tan K, Agosto M, Xiong B, Yamamoto S, Sandoval H, et al. The retromer complex is required for rhodopsin recycling and its loss leads to photoreceptor degeneration. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001847 pubmed publisher..Finally, expressing human Vps26 suppresses PR degeneration in Vps26 mutant PRs. We propose that the retromer plays a conserved role in recycling rhodopsins to maintain PR function and integrity. ..
- Sidyelyeva G, Wegener C, Schoenfeld B, Bell A, Baker N, McBride S, et al. Individual carboxypeptidase D domains have both redundant and unique functions in Drosophila development and behavior. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:2991-3004 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CPD domains-1 and -2 have largely redundant functions in the processing of growth factors, hormones, and neuropeptides. ..
- Kannan R, Kuzina I, Wincovitch S, Nowotarski S, Giniger E. The Abl/enabled signaling pathway regulates Golgi architecture in Drosophila photoreceptor neurons. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:2993-3005 pubmed publisher..Moreover, they raise the possibility that some of the effects of Abl signaling may arise, in part, from alterations of protein trafficking and secretion. ..
- Cho K, Kim G, Lee O. Wolbachia bacteria reside in host Golgi-related vesicles whose position is regulated by polarity proteins. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22703 pubmed publisher..Thus, establishment of polarity may be closely linked to the precise insertion of Golgi vesicles into the new membrane addition site. ..
- Zhang Y, Chen D, Wang Z. Analyses of mental dysfunction-related ACSl4 in Drosophila reveal its requirement for Dpp/BMP production and visual wiring in the brain. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:3894-905 pubmed publisher..These findings validate Drosophila as a model system to reveal the connection between ACSL4 and BMP pathway in neurodevelopment, and to infer the pathogenesis of ACSL4-related MRX. ..
- Yamakawa T, Yamada K, Sasamura T, Nakazawa N, Kanai M, Suzuki E, et al. Deficient Notch signaling associated with neurogenic pecanex is compensated for by the unfolded protein response in Drosophila. Development. 2012;139:558-67 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the ER plays a previously unrecognized role in N signaling and that this ER function depends on pcx activity. ..
- Tanaka T, Kato Y, Matsuda K, Hanyu Nakamura K, Nakamura A. Drosophila Mon2 couples Oskar-induced endocytosis with actin remodeling for cortical anchorage of the germ plasm. Development. 2011;138:2523-32 pubmed publisher..This Mon2-mediated coupling event is crucial to restrict the pole plasm to the oocyte posterior cortex. ..
- Norum M, TÃ¥ng E, Chavoshi T, Schwarz H, Linke D, Uv A, et al. Trafficking through COPII stabilises cell polarity and drives secretion during Drosophila epidermal differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10802 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that COPII vesicles constitute a central hub for these processes. ..
- Charng W, Yamamoto S, Jaiswal M, Bayat V, Xiong B, Zhang K, et al. Drosophila Tempura, a novel protein prenyltransferase ? subunit, regulates notch signaling via Rab1 and Rab11. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001777 pubmed publisher..In summary, Tempura functions as a new geranylgeranyltransferase that regulates the subcellular localization of Rab1 and Rab11, which in turn regulate trafficking of Scabrous and Delta, thereby affecting Notch signaling. ..
- Parchure A, Vyas N, Ferguson C, Parton R, Mayor S. Oligomerization and endocytosis of Hedgehog is necessary for its efficient exovesicular secretion. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:4700-17 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that nanoscale organization of Hh regulates the secretion of Hh on ESCRT-derived exovesicles, which in turn act as a vehicle for long-range signaling. ..
- Armbruster K, Luschnig S. The Drosophila Sec7 domain guanine nucleotide exchange factor protein Gartenzwerg localizes at the cis-Golgi and is essential for epithelial tube expansion. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1318-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, garz might regulate epithelial tube morphogenesis and secretion by controlling the rate of trafficking of COPI vesicles. ..
- Munro S. The golgin coiled-coil proteins of the Golgi apparatus. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2011;3: pubmed publisher..Such a collective role might explain the lack of cell lethality seen following loss of some of the genes in human familial conditions or mouse models. ..
- Zhang L, Syed Z, van Dijk Härd I, Lim J, Wells L, Ten Hagen K. O-glycosylation regulates polarized secretion by modulating Tango1 stability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:7296-301 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data have broader implications for the potential treatment of diseases resulting from the loss of O-glycosylation by modulating the activity of specific proteases. ..
- de Anda F, Pollarolo G, Da Silva J, Camoletto P, Feiguin F, Dotti C. Centrosome localization determines neuronal polarity. Nature. 2005;436:704-8 pubmed..We conclude that asymmetric centrosome-mediated dynamics in the early post-mitotic stage instruct neuronal polarity, implying that pre-mitotic mechanisms with a role in division orientation may in turn participate in this event. ..
- Gardiol A, St Johnston D. Staufen targets coracle mRNA to Drosophila neuromuscular junctions and regulates GluRIIA synaptic accumulation and bouton number. Dev Biol. 2014;392:153-67 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this suggests that this novel Staufen-dependent mRNA localisation and local translation pathway may play a role in the developmentally regulated growth of the NMJ. ..
- Groth C, Sasamura T, Khanna M, Whitley M, Fortini M. Protein trafficking abnormalities in Drosophila tissues with impaired activity of the ZIP7 zinc transporter Catsup. Development. 2013;140:3018-27 pubmed publisher..In addition, Catsup mutant cells exhibit elevated ER stress, suggesting that impaired zinc homeostasis causes increased levels of misfolded proteins within the secretory compartment. ..
- Fox R, Andrew D. Changes in organelle position and epithelial architecture associated with loss of CrebA. Biol Open. 2015;4:317-30 pubmed publisher..Correspondingly, removal of several tetraspanins gives partial rescue of the CrebA SJ phenotype, supporting a role for tetraspanins in SJ organization. ..
- Lee Y, Pressman S, Andress A, Kim K, White J, Cassidy J, et al. Silencing by small RNAs is linked to endosomal trafficking. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:1150-6 pubmed publisher..It may provide a means to enhance the dynamics of RNA silencing in the cytoplasm. ..
- Kim S, Wairkar Y, Daniels R, DiAntonio A. The novel endosomal membrane protein Ema interacts with the class C Vps-HOPS complex to promote endosomal maturation. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:717-34 pubmed publisher..Characterizing this novel gene family identifies a new component of the endosomal pathway and provides insights into class C Vps-HOPS complex function. ..
- Murthy M, Teodoro R, Miller T, Schwarz T. Sec5, a member of the exocyst complex, mediates Drosophila embryo cellularization. Development. 2010;137:2773-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, the exocyst is necessary for, and is likely to direct, the polarized addition of new membrane during this form of cytokinesis. ..
- Baas S, Sharrow M, Kotu V, Middleton M, Nguyen K, Flanagan Steet H, et al. Sugar-free frosting, a homolog of SAD kinase, drives neural-specific glycan expression in the Drosophila embryo. Development. 2011;138:553-63 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, neuronal sff expression is dependent on transcellular signaling through a non-neural toll-like receptor, linking neural-specific glycan expression to a kinase activity that is induced in response to environmental cues. ..
- Kametaka S, Kametaka A, Yonekura S, Haruta M, Takenoshita S, Goto S, et al. AP-1 clathrin adaptor and CG8538/Aftiphilin are involved in Notch signaling during eye development in Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:634-48 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that AP-1 and Aftiphilin are cooperatively involved in the intracellular trafficking of Notch during eye development in Drosophila. ..
- Yamamoto Hino M, Abe M, Shibano T, Setoguchi Y, Awano W, Ueda R, et al. Cisterna-specific localization of glycosylation-related proteins to the Golgi apparatus. Cell Struct Funct. 2012;37:55-63 pubmed..Markers widely used for cis-, medial- and trans-cisternae/trans Golgi network (TGN) in Drosophila are GM130, 120 kDa and Syntaxin16 (Syx16); however the anti-120 kDa antibody is no longer available...
- Zhang L, Tran D, Ten Hagen K. An O-glycosyltransferase promotes cell adhesion during development by influencing secretion of an extracellular matrix integrin ligand. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19491-501 pubmed publisher..As alterations in cell adhesion are a hallmark of cancer progression, this work provides insight into the long-standing association between aberrant O-glycosylation and tumorigenesis. ..
- Wang S, Meyer H, Ochoa Espinosa A, Buchwald U, Onel S, Altenhein B, et al. GBF1 (Gartenzwerg)-dependent secretion is required for Drosophila tubulogenesis. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:461-72 pubmed publisher..The fact that homologues of Garz are present in every annotated metazoan genome indicates that secretion processes mediated by the GBF-type ArfGEFs play a universal role in animal development. ..
- Hermle T, Guida M, Beck S, Helmstädter S, Simons M. Drosophila ATP6AP2/VhaPRR functions both as a novel planar cell polarity core protein and a regulator of endosomal trafficking. EMBO J. 2013;32:245-59 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest two roles for VhaPRR, one for PCP and another in endosomal trafficking. This dual function establishes VhaPRR as a key factor in epithelial morphogenesis...