Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GluClalpha
Alias: BcDNA:HL07853, CG7535, CT23049, Dm-GluCl, DmGlu, DmGluClalpha, Dmel\CG7535, DrosGlu-Cl-alpha, DrosGluCl, DrosGluCl-alpha, DrosGluCl-alpha1, GLUCL, GluCl, GluCla, dGluCl-alpha, glc, glu, GluClalpha, CG7535-PE, CG7535-PF, CG7535-PH, CG7535-PI, CG7535-PJ, CG7535-PK, CG7535-PL, CG7535-PM, CG7535-PN, CG7535-PO, CG7535-PP, GluClalpha-PE, GluClalpha-PF, GluClalpha-PH, GluClalpha-PI, GluClalpha-PJ, GluClalpha-PK, GluClalpha-PL, GluClalpha-PM, GluClalpha-PN, GluClalpha-PO, GluClalpha-PP, glutamate-gated chloride channel, indefinite
Species: fruit fly
- Lansdell S, Millar N. Dbeta3, an atypical nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit from Drosophila : molecular cloning, heterologous expression and coassembly. J Neurochem. 2002;80:1009-18 pubmed
- Ma E, Gu X, Wu X, Xu T, Haddad G. Mutation in pre-mRNA adenosine deaminase markedly attenuates neuronal tolerance to O2 deprivation in Drosophila melanogaster. J Clin Invest. 2001;107:685-93 pubmed..Disruption of the dADAR gene results in totally unedited sodium (Para), calcium (Dmca1A), and chloride (DrosGluCl-alpha) channels, a very prolonged recovery from anoxic stupor, a vulnerability to heat shock and increased O2 ..
- Zheng Y, Hirschberg B, Yuan J, Wang A, Hunt D, Ludmerer S, et al. Identification of two novel Drosophila melanogaster histamine-gated chloride channel subunits expressed in the eye. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2000-5 pubmed..The insecticide ivermectin reversibly activated homomeric HisCl1 channels and, more potently, HisCl1 and HisCl2 heteromeric channels. ..
- Kane N, Hirschberg B, Qian S, Hunt D, Thomas B, Brochu R, et al. Drug-resistant Drosophila indicate glutamate-gated chloride channels are targets for the antiparasitics nodulisporic acid and ivermectin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:13949-54 pubmed..a proline to serine mutation (P299S) in the gene coding for the glutamate-gated chloride channel subunit DmGluClalpha. To examine the effect of this mutation on the biophysical properties of DmGluClalpha channels, it was ..
- Liu W, Wilson R. Glutamate is an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the Drosophila olfactory system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:10294-9 pubmed publisher..in the antennal lobe, and this effect is blocked by picrotoxin or by transgenic RNAi-mediated knockdown of the GluCl? gene, which encodes a glutamate-gated chloride channel...
- Cully D, Paress P, Liu K, Schaeffer J, Arena J. Identification of a Drosophila melanogaster glutamate-gated chloride channel sensitive to the antiparasitic agent avermectin. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:20187-91 pubmed..We report the cloning of a Drosophila melanogaster glutamate-gated chloride channel, DrosGluCl-alpha, which shares 48% amino acid and 60% nucleotide identity with the C. elegans GluCl channels...
- Ludmerer S, Warren V, Williams B, Zheng Y, Hunt D, Ayer M, et al. Ivermectin and nodulisporic acid receptors in Drosophila melanogaster contain both gamma-aminobutyric acid-gated Rdl and glutamate-gated GluCl alpha chloride channel subunits. Biochemistry. 2002;41:6548-60 pubmed..complexes by gel filtration, antisera specific for both the Drosophila glutamate-gated chloride channel subunit GluCl alpha (DmGluCl alpha) and the GABA-gated chloride channel subunit Rdl (DmRdl) proteins were generated and used to ..
- Gassel M, Wolf C, Noack S, Williams H, Ilg T. The novel isoxazoline ectoparasiticide fluralaner: selective inhibition of arthropod ?-aminobutyric acid- and L-glutamate-gated chloride channels and insecticidal/acaricidal activity. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2014;45:111-24 pubmed publisher..In this study, the effects of the isoxazoline drug fluralaner on insect and acarid GABACl (RDL) and GluCl and its parasiticidal potency were investigated. We report the identification and cDNA cloning of Rhipicephalus (R...
- Collins B, Kaplan H, Cavey M, Lelito K, Bahle A, Zhu Z, et al. Differentially timed extracellular signals synchronize pacemaker neuron clocks. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001959 pubmed publisher..We propose that differentially timed signals that drive cAMP oscillations and synchronize pacemaker neurons in circadian neural circuits will be conserved across species. ..