Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: gish
Alias: CG6963, CK1, CK1-gamma, CK1[[gamma]], CK1gamma, CKI-related, CKIgamma, Dmel\CG6963, Gish, Hrr25, NEST:bs27c08, Spider, anon-WO0118547.425, ms(3)89B, spider, gilgamesh, CG6963-PA, CG6963-PB, CG6963-PC, CG6963-PD, CG6963-PE, CG6963-PF, CG6963-PG, CG6963-PH, CG6963-PI, CG6963-PJ, CG6963-PK, CG6963-PL, CG6963-PM, CKIg-like, NEST:bs27c08, casein kinase 1gamma, gish-PA, gish-PB, gish-PC, gish-PD, gish-PE, gish-PF, gish-PG, gish-PH, gish-PI, gish-PJ, gish-PK, gish-PL, gish-PM, spider
Species: fruit fly
- Hummel T, Attix S, Gunning D, Zipursky S. Temporal control of glial cell migration in the Drosophila eye requires gilgamesh, hedgehog, and eye specification genes. Neuron. 2002;33:193-203 pubmed..In gilgamesh (gish) mutants, glial cells invade anterior regions of the eye disc prior to R cell differentiation and R cell ..
- Abreu Blanco M, Verboon J, Parkhurst S. Cell wound repair in Drosophila occurs through three distinct phases of membrane and cytoskeletal remodeling. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:455-64 pubmed publisher..Our results show that single-cell wound repair requires specific spatial and temporal cytoskeleton responses with distinct components and mechanisms required at different stages of the process. ..
- Gault W, Olguin P, Weber U, Mlodzik M. Drosophila CK1-?, gilgamesh, controls PCP-mediated morphogenesis through regulation of vesicle trafficking. J Cell Biol. 2012;196:605-21 pubmed publisher..In this paper, we show that Drosophila CK1-?/gilgamesh (gish) regulates the PCP-associated process of trichome formation through effects on Rab11-mediated vesicle ..
- Howlett I, Rusan Z, Parker L, Tanouye M. Drosophila as a model for intractable epilepsy: gilgamesh suppresses seizures in para(bss1) heterozygote flies. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:1399-407 pubmed publisher..We identify a second-site seizure-suppressor mutation, gilgamesh (gish), that reduces the severity of several seizure-like phenotypes of para(bss1)/+ heterozygotes...
- Cao J, Albertson R, Riggs B, Field C, Sullivan W. Nuf, a Rab11 effector, maintains cytokinetic furrow integrity by promoting local actin polymerization. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:301-13 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which RE-derived vesicles promote furrow integrity by regulating the rate of actin polymerization through the RhoGEF2-Rho1 pathway. ..
- Dylla K, Galili D, Szyszka P, Lüdke A. Trace conditioning in insects-keep the trace!. Front Physiol. 2013;4:67 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we examine proposed molecular and computational models and reassess different experimental approaches used for trace conditioning. ..
- Price M. CKI, there's more than one: casein kinase I family members in Wnt and Hedgehog signaling. Genes Dev. 2006;20:399-410 pubmed..Here I review these roles, including recent results on casein kinase I (CKI) phosphorylation and activation of LRP6, and CKI phosphorylation of Ci and mediation of Ci-Slimb/beta-TrCP binding. ..
- Chotard C, Salecker I. Neurons and glia: team players in axon guidance. Trends Neurosci. 2004;27:655-61 pubmed..Equally, neurons provide crucial information to glia, supporting their migration and correct positioning. ..
- Fernandez Gonzalez R, Zallen J. Oscillatory behaviors and hierarchical assembly of contractile structures in intercalating cells. Phys Biol. 2011;8:045005 pubmed publisher..We discuss models to explain how the architecture of cytoskeletal networks regulates their contractile behavior and the mechanisms that give rise to oscillatory cell behaviors in intercalating cells...
- Sopko R, Foos M, Vinayagam A, Zhai B, Binari R, Hu Y, et al. Combining genetic perturbations and proteomics to examine kinase-phosphatase networks in Drosophila embryos. Dev Cell. 2014;31:114-27 pubmed publisher..Further, we show how correlative phosphorylation at the site level can indicate function, as exemplified by Sterile20-like kinase-dependent regulation of Stat92E. ..
- ..Together, these findings are shedding light on how global cues integrate with local cell interactions to organize cellular polarity at the tissue level. ..
- Perkins L, Holderbaum L, Tao R, Hu Y, Sopko R, McCall K, et al. The Transgenic RNAi Project at Harvard Medical School: Resources and Validation. Genetics. 2015;201:843-52 pubmed publisher..flyrnai.org/RSVP.html), and stocks are available from three stock centers, the Bloomington Drosophila Stock Center (United States), National Institute of Genetics (Japan), and TsingHua Fly Center (China). ..
- Li S, Li S, Han Y, Tong C, Wang B, Chen Y, et al. Regulation of Smoothened Phosphorylation and High-Level Hedgehog Signaling Activity by a Plasma Membrane Associated Kinase. PLoS Biol. 2016;14:e1002481 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Hh stimulates the binding of Smo to a plasma membrane-associated kinase Gilgamesh (Gish)/CK1? and that Gish fine-tunes Hh pathway activity by phosphorylating a Ser/Thr cluster (CL-II) in the ..
- Tayler T, Garrity P. Axon targeting in the Drosophila visual system. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2003;13:90-5 pubmed..A role for the visual system glia in orienting photoreceptor axon outgrowth and target selection has also been uncovered. ..
- Pandey R, Heidmann S, Lehner C. Epithelial re-organization and dynamics of progression through mitosis in Drosophila separase complex mutants. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:733-42 pubmed
- Meng Z, Capalbo L, Glover D, Dunphy W. Role for casein kinase 1 in the phosphorylation of Claspin on critical residues necessary for the activation of Chk1. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2834-47 pubmed publisher..By using a multifaceted approach, we have found that casein kinase 1 gamma 1 (CK1?1) carries out this function...
- Davidson G, Shen J, Huang Y, Su Y, Karaulanov E, Bartscherer K, et al. Cell cycle control of wnt receptor activation. Dev Cell. 2009;17:788-99 pubmed publisher..G2/M priming of LRP6 by a Cyclin/CDK complex introduces an unexpected new layer of regulation of Wnt signaling. ..
- Bozas A, Beumer K, Trautman J, Carroll D. Genetic analysis of zinc-finger nuclease-induced gene targeting in Drosophila. Genetics. 2009;182:641-51 pubmed publisher..They also demonstrate that the outcome can be biased toward gene replacement by disabling the major NHEJ pathway and toward simple mutagenesis by interfering with the major HR process...
- Nerusheva O, Dorogova N, Gubanova N, Omel ianchuk L. [The role of Gilgamesh protein kinase in Drosophila melanogaster spermatogenesis]. Genetika. 2008;44:1203-8 pubmedThe cellular function of the gilgamesh mutation (89B9-12) of casein kinase gene in Drosophila spermatogenesis was studied...
- Jung S, Evans C, Uemura C, Banerjee U. The Drosophila lymph gland as a developmental model of hematopoiesis. Development. 2005;132:2521-33 pubmed..The cellular events identified in this analysis further establish Drosophila as a model system for hematopoiesis. ..
- Han N, Chen C, Shi Z, Cheng D. Structure of the kinase domain of Gilgamesh from Drosophila melanogaster. Acta Crystallogr F Struct Biol Commun. 2014;70:438-43 pubmed publisher..The kinase domain of Drosophila Gilgamesh isoform I (Gilgamesh-I), a homologue of human CK1-?, was purified and crystallized...
- Kim E, Edery I. Balance between DBT/CKIepsilon kinase and protein phosphatase activities regulate phosphorylation and stability of Drosophila CLOCK protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:6178-83 pubmed