Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ggamma30A
Description: G protein subunit gamma at 30A
Alias: CG18511, CG3694, CG43733, Dmel\CG3694, Dmel_CG43733, G-gamma30A, GNG gene like, G[[gamma30A]], G[[gamma]], Galpha30A, Ggamma, Ggamma[[e]], Ggammae, lincRNA.S701, G protein subunit gamma at 30A, CG3694-PA, CG3694-PB, CG3694-PC, CG3694-PF, CG3694-PG, CG3694-PH, CG3694-PI, CG3694-PJ, G protein gamma30A, Ggamma30A-PA, Ggamma30A-PB, Ggamma30A-PC, Ggamma30A-PF, Ggamma30A-PG, Ggamma30A-PH, Ggamma30A-PI, Ggamma30A-PJ
Species: fruit fly
- Lee S, Xu H, Montell C. Rhodopsin kinase activity modulates the amplitude of the visual response in Drosophila. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:11874-9 pubmed..These data point to an evolutionarily conserved role for GPRK1 in modulating the amplitude of the visual response. ..
- Harris B, Lim W. Mechanism and role of PDZ domains in signaling complex assembly. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:3219-31 pubmed..The predominance of PDZ domains in metazoans indicates that this highly specialized scaffolding module probably evolved in response to the increased signaling needs of multicellular organisms. ..
- Katanayeva N, Kopein D, Portmann R, Hess D, Katanaev V. Competing activities of heterotrimeric G proteins in Drosophila wing maturation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12331 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a comprehensive functional analysis of the heterotrimeric G protein proteome in the late stages of Drosophila wing development. ..
- Zelhof A, Koundakjian E, Scully A, Hardy R, Pounds L. Mutation of the photoreceptor specific homeodomain gene Pph13 results in defects in phototransduction and rhabdomere morphogenesis. Development. 2003;130:4383-92 pubmed..In addition, we demonstrate that Pph13 exerts its effect by the regulation of photoreceptor specific gene expression. ..
- Murali T, Pacifico S, Finley R. Integrating the interactome and the transcriptome of Drosophila. BMC Bioinformatics. 2014;15:177 pubmed publisher..This organization implies that tissue or stage specific networks can be best identified from interactome data by using filters designed to include both ubiquitously expressed and specifically expressed genes and proteins. ..
- Ishimoto H, Takahashi K, Ueda R, Tanimura T. G-protein gamma subunit 1 is required for sugar reception in Drosophila. EMBO J. 2005;24:3259-65 pubmed..We also demonstrated that responses to sugars were lowered in Ggamma1 null mutant, Ggamma1(N159). These results are consistent with the hypothesis that Ggamma1 participates in the signal transduction of sugar taste reception. ..
- Boto T, Gomez Diaz C, Alcorta E. Expression analysis of the 3 G-protein subunits, Galpha, Gbeta, and Ggamma, in the olfactory receptor organs of adult Drosophila melanogaster. Chem Senses. 2010;35:183-93 pubmed publisher..6 Galpha (G(s), G(i), G(q), G(o), G(f), and concertina), 3 Gbeta (G(beta5), G(beta13F), and G(beta76C)), and 2 Ggamma genes (G(gamma1) and G(gamma30A))...
- Blake B, Wing M, Zhou J, Lei Q, Hillmann J, Behe C, et al. G beta association and effector interaction selectivities of the divergent G gamma subunit G gamma(13). J Biol Chem. 2001;276:49267-74 pubmed