Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gbeta13F
Description: G protein beta-subunit 13F
Alias: CG10545, Dmel\CG10545, G b13F, G-beta, G-betab, GNB1/2/3/4 like, G[[beta13F]], G[[beta]], Gb13F, Gbb, Gbeta, anon-EST:Liang-1.22, clone 1.22, dgbeta, gbeta13F, G protein beta-subunit 13F, CG10545-PA, CG10545-PC, CG10545-PE, CG10545-PF, CG10545-PG, CG10545-PH, G protein beta subunit, G-protein beta 13F, G[[beta]] brain, Gbeta13F-PA, Gbeta13F-PC, Gbeta13F-PE, Gbeta13F-PF, Gbeta13F-PG, Gbeta13F-PH
Species: fruit fly
- Kunwar P, Sano H, Renault A, Barbosa V, Fuse N, Lehmann R. Tre1 GPCR initiates germ cell transepithelial migration by regulating Drosophila melanogaster E-cadherin. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:157-68 pubmed publisher..of the G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) trapped in endoderm 1 (Tre1) directs the redistribution of the G protein Gbeta as well as adherens junction proteins and Rho guanosine triphosphatase from the cell periphery to the lagging tail ..
- David N, Martin C, Segalen M, Rosenfeld F, Schweisguth F, Bellaiche Y. Drosophila Ric-8 regulates Galphai cortical localization to promote Galphai-dependent planar orientation of the mitotic spindle during asymmetric cell division. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:1083-90 pubmed..of guanine nucleotide-exchange factors for Galphai, regulates cortical localization of the subunits Galphai and Gbeta13F. Ric-8, Galphai and Pins are not necessary for the control of the anteroposterior orientation of the mitotic ..
- Bogdanik L, Mohrmann R, Ramaekers A, Bockaert J, Grau Y, Broadie K, et al. The Drosophila metabotropic glutamate receptor DmGluRA regulates activity-dependent synaptic facilitation and fine synaptic morphology. J Neurosci. 2004;24:9105-16 pubmed
- Kerridge S, Munjal A, Philippe J, Jha A, de Las Bayonas A, Saurin A, et al. Modular activation of Rho1 by GPCR signalling imparts polarized myosin II activation during morphogenesis. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:261-70 pubmed publisher..We propose that GPCR and G proteins constitute a general pathway for controlling actomyosin contractility in epithelia and that the activity of this pathway is polarized by tissue-specific regulators. ..
- GONCZY P. Mechanisms of spindle positioning: focus on flies and worms. Trends Cell Biol. 2002;12:332-9 pubmed..This article discusses recent findings that indicate how this mechanism might be used for spindle positioning during Drosophila and Caenorhabditis elegans development. ..
- Yarfitz S, Provost N, Hurley J. Cloning of a Drosophila melanogaster guanine nucleotide regulatory protein beta-subunit gene and characterization of its expression during development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:7134-8 pubmed..The proposed coding region is uninterrupted by introns, but there is evidence for differential mRNA splicing in the 5' nontranslated region. ..
- Hampoelz B, Hoeller O, Bowman S, Dunican D, Knoblich J. Drosophila Ric-8 is essential for plasma-membrane localization of heterotrimeric G proteins. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:1099-105 pubmed..In ric-8 mutants, neither Galphai nor its associated beta-subunit Gbeta13F are localized at the plasma membrane, which leads to their degradation in the cytosol...
- Betschinger J, Knoblich J. Dare to be different: asymmetric cell division in Drosophila, C. elegans and vertebrates. Curr Biol. 2004;14:R674-85 pubmed..Here, we outline the steps and factors that are involved in this process in Drosophila and C. elegans and discuss their potential conservation in vertebrates. ..
- Zelhof A, Koundakjian E, Scully A, Hardy R, Pounds L. Mutation of the photoreceptor specific homeodomain gene Pph13 results in defects in phototransduction and rhabdomere morphogenesis. Development. 2003;130:4383-92 pubmed..In addition, we demonstrate that Pph13 exerts its effect by the regulation of photoreceptor specific gene expression. ..
- Beall E, Manak J, Zhou S, Bell M, Lipsick J, Botchan M. Role for a Drosophila Myb-containing protein complex in site-specific DNA replication. Nature. 2002;420:833-7 pubmed..These data provide evidence that specific protein complexes bound to replication enhancer elements work together with the general replication machinery for site-specific origin utilization during replication. ..
- Manak J, Mitiku N, Lipsick J. Mutation of the Drosophila homologue of the Myb protooncogene causes genomic instability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:7438-43 pubmed..Together these findings imply that Dm-Myb provides an essential nontranscriptional function during chromosomal replication. ..
- Knust E. G protein signaling and asymmetric cell division. Cell. 2001;107:125-8 pubmed..Receptor-independent activation of heterotrimeric G proteins by the Drosophila GoLoco protein Partner of Inscuteable seems to represent a novel mechanism to control these events. ..
- Katanayeva N, Kopein D, Portmann R, Hess D, Katanaev V. Competing activities of heterotrimeric G proteins in Drosophila wing maturation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12331 pubmed publisher..show that another alpha-subunit Galphao can specifically antagonize the Galphas activities by competing for the Gbeta13F/Ggamma1 subunits of the heterotrimeric Gs protein complex...
- Yarfitz S, Niemi G, McConnell J, Fitch C, Hurley J. A G beta protein in the Drosophila compound eye is different from that in the brain. Neuron. 1991;7:429-38 pubmedA G protein beta subunit gene (Gbe) is expressed only in the eyes of adult D. melanogaster...
- van der Bliek A, Meyerowitz E. Dynamin-like protein encoded by the Drosophila shibire gene associated with vesicular traffic. Nature. 1991;351:411-4 pubmed..In light of the shibire phenotype, we suggest that these proteins provide the motor for vesicular transport during endocytosis. ..
- Boto T, Gomez Diaz C, Alcorta E. Expression analysis of the 3 G-protein subunits, Galpha, Gbeta, and Ggamma, in the olfactory receptor organs of adult Drosophila melanogaster. Chem Senses. 2010;35:183-93 pubmed publisher..Using RT-polymerase chain reaction, we analyzed 6 Galpha (G(s), G(i), G(q), G(o), G(f), and concertina), 3 Gbeta (G(beta5), G(beta13F), and G(beta76C)), and 2 Ggamma genes (G(gamma1) and G(gamma30A))...
- Krishnan A, Mustafa A, AlmÃ©n M, Fredriksson R, Williams M, SchiÃ¶th H. Evolutionary hierarchy of vertebrate-like heterotrimeric G protein families. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2015;91:27-40 pubmed publisher..Our robust classification/hierarchy is essential to further understand the differential roles of GPCR/G protein mediated intracellular signaling system across various metazoan lineages. ..
- Boyle M, French R, Cosand K, Dorman J, Kiehart D, Berg C. Division of labor: subsets of dorsal-appendage-forming cells control the shape of the entire tube. Dev Biol. 2010;346:68-79 pubmed publisher..Additionally we show that heterotrimeric G-protein function is required for DA morphogenesis. Like TTK69, Gbeta 13F is not required in all DA-forming follicle cells but only in the floor and leading roof cells...