Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: G9a
Alias: CG2995, Dmel\CG2995, EG:BACR37P7.2, EHMT, cab65850 G9a Dm, dG9a, G9a, CG2995-PA, CG2995-PB, G9a-PA, G9a-PB, dG9a, euchromatin histone methyltransferase, histone methyltransferase
Species: fruit fly
- Meier K, Mathieu E, Finkernagel F, Reuter L, Scharfe M, Doehlemann G, et al. LINT, a novel dL(3)mbt-containing complex, represses malignant brain tumour signature genes. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002676 pubmed publisher..Our results support a direct role of LINT in the repression of brain tumour-relevant target genes by restricting promoter access...
- Kato Y, Ushijima Y, Yamaguchi M. Identification of nuclear localization signals of Drosophila G9a histone H3 methyltransferase. Cell Struct Funct. 2011;36:121-9 pubmed..Here we have examined the subcellular localization of a series of truncated forms of Drosophila G9a (dG9a)...
- Koryakov D, Walther M, Ebert A, Lein S, Zhimulev I, Reuter G. The SUUR protein is involved in binding of SU(VAR)3-9 and methylation of H3K9 and H3K27 in chromosomes of Drosophila melanogaster. Chromosome Res. 2011;19:235-49 pubmed publisher..Artificial expression of the SuUR gene on the SuUR (-) background restores the pattern of methylated residues characteristic for the wild type. ..
- Kramer J, Kochinke K, Oortveld M, Marks H, Kramer D, de Jong E, et al. Epigenetic regulation of learning and memory by Drosophila EHMT/G9a. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1000569 pubmed publisher..Here, we have dissected the neuronal function of the Drosophila euchromatin histone methyltransferase (EHMT), a member of a conserved protein family that methylates histone 3 at lysine 9 (H3K9)...
- Lee K, Yoon J, Park J, Kang Y. Drosophila G9a is implicated in germ cell development. Insect Mol Biol. 2010;19:131-9 pubmed publisher..We here show that histone H3K9 methyltransferase dg9a is associated with spectrosome/fusome formation in the germarium; dG9a(13414) mutant ovaries have disorganized ..
- Alvarez Venegas R, Avramova Z. SET-domain proteins of the Su(var)3-9, E(z) and trithorax families. Gene. 2002;285:25-37 pubmed..The architecture of the entire protein supported the distribution pattern built upon SET-domain similarity. Parallel cladistic and protein-architecture analyses outlined two plausible criteria for predicting function...
- Wang L, Charroux B, Kerridge S, Tsai C. Atrophin recruits HDAC1/2 and G9a to modify histone H3K9 and to determine cell fates. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:555-62 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that the SANT domain in RERE binds to the histone methyltransferase G9a, and that both the ELM2 and SANT domains orchestrate molecular events that lead to a stable ..
- Shimaji K, Konishi T, Yoshida H, Kimura H, Yamaguchi M. Genome-wide genetic screen identified the link between dG9a and epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway in vivo. Exp Cell Res. 2016;346:53-64 pubmed publisherG9a is one of the histone H3 Lys 9 (H3K9) specific methyltransferases first identified in mammals. Drosophila G9a (dG9a) has been reported to induce H3K9 dimethylation in vivo, and the target genes of dG9a were identified during embryonic ..
- Yu Y, Gu J, Jin Y, Luo Y, Preall J, Ma J, et al. Panoramix enforces piRNA-dependent cotranscriptional silencing. Science. 2015;350:339-42 pubmed publisher..We have named CG9754 "Panoramix," and we propose that this protein could act as an adaptor, scaffolding interactions between the piRNA pathway and the general silencing machinery that it recruits to enforce transcriptional repression. ..
- Koemans T, Kleefstra T, Chubak M, Stone M, Reijnders M, de Munnik S, et al. Functional convergence of histone methyltransferases EHMT1 and KMT2C involved in intellectual disability and autism spectrum disorder. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006864 pubmed publisherKleefstra syndrome, caused by haploinsufficiency of euchromatin histone methyltransferase 1 (EHMT1), is characterized by intellectual disability (ID), autism spectrum disorder (ASD), characteristic facial dysmorphisms, and other variable ..
- Wang S, Nan R, Accardo M, Sentmanat M, Dimitri P, Elgin S. A distinct type of heterochromatin at the telomeric region of the Drosophila melanogaster Y chromosome. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e86451 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the diversity of heterochromatin domains, and the corresponding variation in potential targeting mechanisms. ..
- Figueiredo M, Philip P, Stenberg P, Larsson J. HP1a recruitment to promoters is independent of H3K9 methylation in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003061 pubmed publisher..histone lysine methyl transferases (HKMTs) are associated with the methylation of H3K9: Su(var)3-9, Setdb1, and G9a. To probe the dependence of HP1a binding on H3K9me, its dependence on these three HKMTs, and the division of labor ..
- Ushijima Y, Inoue Y, Konishi T, Kitazawa D, Yoshida H, Shimaji K, et al. Roles of histone H3K9 methyltransferases during Drosophila spermatogenesis. Chromosome Res. 2012;20:319-31 pubmed publisher..Here, we performed immunocytochemical analyses with a specific antibody to dG9a, Drosophila G9a ortholog, and demonstrated localization in the cytoplasm from the growth to elongation stages of ..
- Kato Y, Kato M, Tachibana M, Shinkai Y, Yamaguchi M. Characterization of Drosophila G9a in vivo and identification of genetic interactants. Genes Cells. 2008;13:703-22 pubmed publisherIn mammals, G9a is a histone H3 lysine 9 (H3-K9)-specific histone methyltransferase (HMTase), known to be essential for murine embryogenesis...
- Alkhori L, Ost A, Alenius M. The corepressor Atrophin specifies odorant receptor expression in Drosophila. FASEB J. 2014;28:1355-64 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that Atro determines the level of H3ac, which ensures correct OR gene expression within the Nba OSNs. We propose a mechanism by which a single corepressor can specify a large number of neuron classes...
- Kleefstra T, Kramer J, Neveling K, Willemsen M, Koemans T, Vissers L, et al. Disruption of an EHMT1-associated chromatin-modification module causes intellectual disability. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;91:73-82 pubmed publisher..We propose a highly conserved epigenetic network that underlies cognition in health and disease. This network should allow the design of strategies to treat the growing group of ID pathologies that are caused by epigenetic defects. ..
- Lim D, Oh C, Lee L, Hong J, Noh S, Hwang S, et al. The endogenous siRNA pathway in Drosophila impacts stress resistance and lifespan by regulating metabolic homeostasis. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3079-85 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, loss of dcr-2 function led to abnormal lipid and carbohydrate metabolism. Our results suggest roles for the endo-siRNA pathway in metabolic regulation and defense against stress and aging in Drosophila. ..